Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I've had good luck with Winchester primer rebates and Vihtavuori powder rebates - just needed invoice/receipt and UPCs cut from boxes. But the Federal rebates seem to be more involved.

Becoming a Prime member of Target Sports can be dangerous. I had always been interested in .357 Sig but ultimately would always talk myself out of it because ammo is tough to find and expensive. However, now be a Prime member and having free shipping for all purchases, I decided to look into .357 Sig again. Yes, it is still expensive but priced better than any gun shop around here in Mass and that was before the Prime discount.
So I recently just took my new Glock 32 Gen 4 upper for a spin at the range. I don't find the round nearly as bad as what I read. Will see how this goes but already considering a Glock 33 now. And all because of my membership at Target Sports.

Funny thing, just a couple minutes ago I got an email saying my rebate was approved. It seemed pretty easy to me. The dumbest thing about it is they give you a prepaid debit card you must first activate and set a pin on to use.

And if you submit multiple rebates instead of one card with the total amount you get multiple cards with the individual rebate amount. I have like 3 left all with sub $1.50 balances remaining.
I used my rebate card ($21) to buy about $19.xx in ammo from Target sports, then converted the rest into an Amazon giftcard of $1.68 or something. Amazon lets you set any amount over $1.00 Then just apply it to your own Amazon account and get a tiny discount on your next purchase.

Strike while the iron is hot. I was looking at some Federal .223, a small case of 200 rounds, $5 per box back through the rebate. Would have come out to .25 a round. When I went to place my order the next morning they were out of stock. Story of my life.

Strike while the iron is hot. I was looking at some Federal .223, a small case of 200 rounds, $5 per box back through the rebate. Would have come out to .25 a round. When I went to place my order the next morning they were out of stock. Story of my life.
I think Wolf Gold is 25 cents per round normally...

Man that was a lot of work for $30, the Federal rebates for HST. Have to upload UPCs, original receipt, packing slip, pics of the boxes. Not gonna fall for that shit again!

Really, it took me maybe 30 seconds to snap a picture of all and another minute or 2 to submit the form, easiest $30. I ever got. Did the same 3 times in past month all fast and easy. I don't know how much more easy it could be.

There's so many things to trip you up in the Federal Rebate that I bet a lot of people get denied. It wasn't clear you had to upload UPC images from the text, but the upload button said "UPC images" so i covered my bases.
It seemed complicated at first but then I just used my Cell phone to take all the pictures and upload them. The trick was that this was the first time they were looking for a "Packing Slip" I will say that the refund came VERY fast from this last round - Like 2-3 weeks fast

Filed the paperwork for a rebate on Federal ammo on 9/25, got an email today stating that the rebate was approved. You do have to provide a fair bit of documentation, but I found the instructions pretty straightforward. YMMV, depending on how "detail oriented" you might or might not be. There are some really smart people who are really bad at filling out that kind of paperwork, but, I bet if you can get through a MA LTC application and not make any mistakes, you can do this, too.

Filed the paperwork for a rebate on Federal ammo on 9/25, got an email today stating that the rebate was approved. You do have to provide a fair bit of documentation, but I found the instructions pretty straightforward. YMMV, depending on how "detail oriented" you might or might not be. There are some really smart people who are really bad at filling out that kind of paperwork, but, I bet if you can get through a MA LTC application and not make any mistakes, you can do this, too.

Not that bad to get the rebate. Took me like 5 mins.

There's so many things to trip you up in the Federal Rebate that I bet a lot of people get denied. It wasn't clear you had to upload UPC images from the text, but the upload button said "UPC images" so i covered my bases.

Got my rebate card and it's a debit card requiring a PIN, which I don't have. Yay, congrats, you got me, Federal!

Got my rebate card and it's a debit card requiring a PIN, which I don't have. Yay, congrats, you got me, Federal!

IIRC just have the debit card processed as a credit card (which doesn't need a PIN)

IIRC just have the debit card processed as a credit card (which doesn't need a PIN)

That didn't work, at least at the grocery store where I tried it. Maybe it just needed to be activated first.

It’s like a minute process to activate it. It’s not hard. The process to get the rebate, which was also not hard, is still much harder than to activate the thing. Stop being lazy!

Does TSUSA do Black Friday specials? Their prices are already awesome, but if I can save a few extra bucks, that would be nice. I want (need!) .308 and 10mm target/plinking stuff, and 9mm hollow points. I’d like to do 200 rounds of each. US made stuff only.

Last edited:
I cant recall if i saw it on here or dreamt it while snoozing at work, but can you place an order and pick it up in person?
Yes. I did that when I was working in CT a few years ago.
0F567B78-B00C-48EA-ACD0-9FF544579177.jpeg
I can’t remember what I had to do to arrange that. Give them a call.
Edit: I’m 99% sure I had to show them my CT non-resident permit and/or my CT ammo permit.

Yes. I did that when I was working in CT a few years ago.
I can’t remember what I had to do to arrange that. Give them a call.

Doesn't CT now require something called an ammo card or some dumb shit. I was working in Hartford and I tried to buy ammo at Cabela and they wouldn't sell it to me. The retired Trooper who was working the door overheard the conversation and bought the ammo and gave it to me in the parking lot!

Doesn't CT now require something called an ammo card or some dumb shit. I was working in Hartford and I tried to buy ammo at Cabela and they wouldn't sell it to me. The retired Trooper who was working the door overheard the conversation and bought the ammo and gave it to me in the parking lot!
You’d be correct. It dawned on me shortly after posting so I edited my post but you responded before I edited it.

Lol that's awesome

Even though everyone expected that they would start charging taxes soon, it would've been nice if they gave a heads up on when it would take place. All the bigger online companies are charging it now. It's annoying and kinda kills certain online deals.

Back
Top Bottom