Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

You took the words right out of my mouth. They resumed shipping weeks ago and I discreetly let my friends know; not sure that publicizing it is a great long term play.

Normally we'd kill a thread like this but TS has doubled down and there's no point hiding it at this point... this vendor is not playing secret squirrel...

after further contemplation, i am deleting what i posted. don't want to give mass legislature any ideas

Last edited:
Normally we'd kill a thread like this but TS has doubled down and there's no point hiding it at this point... this vendor is not playing secret squirrel...

I thought this thread had disappeared for awhile. Did a mod hide it somehow and then unhide it, or did I just have a lapse in sanity?

I wouldn't call everyone on page 1 a beta. In NES we tend to not post who ships to MA. You have been around since 2010.

I would, when the company themselves is advertising it and pushing it, worrying is being a beta. Put your money where your mouth is and order some ammo from them, I did.

Len mentioned this case earlier:
TIR 10-2: Decision of the Massachusetts...
In Town Fair Tire Centers, Inc. vs. Commissioner of Revenue, 454 Mass. 601 (2009), the scope of the obligation of a registered out of state vendor to collect and remit Massachusetts use tax on the sale of tangible personal property to a Massachusetts resident where the sales transaction takes place entirely outside the Commonwealth. The Town Fair Tire decision considered the application of the use tax law to a particular factual situation. The Court concluded that the evidence presented in this case was insufficient to establish that the tangible personal property was used in Massachusetts. Accordingly, the vendor was not required to collect Massachusetts use tax in that case.

Following the sales and use tax audit of Town Fair Tire, the Commissioner of Revenue, concluding that certain automobile tires had been sold at Town Fair Tire's New Hampshire stores to Massachusetts residents and were installed on vehicles registered in Massachusetts, assessed use tax and related penalties against Town Fair Tire for failing to collect the Massachusetts use tax on those sales. Town Fair Tire appealed to the Appellate Tax Board (ATB), which ruled in favor of the Commissioner, finding that the automobile tires at issue were intended for use in Massachusetts. Town Fair Tire appealed the ATB decision and the appeal was transferred to the SJC on its own motion. The SJC reversed the ruling of the ATB, concluding that the use tax provisions do not permit Massachusetts to assess use taxes against a vendor under the circumstances presented.

In reaching its conclusion, the SJC noted that there was no evidence that any of the tires sold in the sales under review were actually stored or used in Massachusetts, and that the board made no such finding. The Court disagreed with the ATB that intent to use the tires in Massachusetts is sufficient to trigger the use tax. It reasoned that a vendor is liable for use tax under G.L. c. 64I, § 4, only if the tires "were actually stored, used or consumed in Massachusetts." It rejected the Commissioner's argument that "compelling circumstantial evidence" that the tires were sold to Massachusetts residents and installed on vehicles registered in Massachusetts leads "to a presumption" that the tires were indeed used in Massachusetts because there is no Massachusetts statutory presumption of use in the Commonwealth where personal property is sold and delivered to a Massachusetts resident outside the Commonwealth, even where the goods purchased out of state may be affixed to property registered in Massachusetts.

I can see where the precedent may or may not apply depending on the circumstances to this case.

They are setting up shop at TGP right now for the follow up story.
Maybe this time they can set up some mortar rounds and artillery shells in the foreground for really scary effect.

Oh snap...
WCVB_GP_20171109_v2.jpg

Just like how every time Mad Maura decides to sue the Trump administration we are paying for it TWICE. Once through federal taxes, and once through local taxes. If Faker Baker had a backbone, maybe he would put his foot down... but we all now that is just a pipe-dream!
Donations to Comm2A are tax deductible, which prevents the government from getting some of your money in taxes.

I'm having lunch in downtown Worcester tomorrow, then meeting "a guy" to buy "a thing". Turns out I have to drive right by TGP around 1230 or so. Thinking about stopping by to not buy anything, maybe show them the receipts for the $1000+ of ammo I've ordered from TSUSA this year. Would that be excessively obnoxious, or just the right amount?

I'm having lunch in downtown Worcester tomorrow, then meeting "a guy" to buy "a thing". Turns out I have to drive right by TGP around 1230 or so. Thinking about stopping by to not buy anything, maybe show them the receipts for the $1000+ of ammo I've ordered from TSUSA this year. Would that be excessively obnoxious, or just the right amount?
Sure its fine to do.

Order a hat and t shirt from tsusa first.

do it!!!!!! i love to to stop by a local convenience store just to browse and piss off the owner. she's been a total ass ever since she bought the place from a nice family that used to own it.

on the flip-side, i just found out a local liquor store, which i have not been in for over 10 years due to the ass who bought it has changed ownership. stopped by today, nice folks, good prices, i will be back. customer service is not rocket science. TGP has a lot to learn

Donations to Comm2A are tax deductible, which prevents the government from getting some of your money in taxes.
Perfect, I'll be sending in money tonight. Only a few days left in 2017!

Edit: donation complete. After new year I plan on becoming a monthly member.

Last edited:
How about this... The first 5 people that meet me at 1230 get a box of Federal Automatch 22 for showing up and "shopping". I'll check LTC's to be legal. "Hey, TGP, just sharing with my friends since I happened to be in the area. I would replenish from you but Target Sports will LEGALLY SHIP TO MY HOME so have a nice day." All while wearing my "Golf Foxtrot Yankee" t-shirt...

I do so love being an a**h***...

I would, when the company themselves is advertising it and pushing it, worrying is being a beta. Put your money where your mouth is and order some ammo from them, I did.
If you look at the first post, it wasn't edited until 2:18. The 2:18 mentions the company was advertising it. By then there were 24 posts that did not know the company was advertising it.

Again, I wouldn't insult people for trying to protect a business... Specially when it is a NES rule to not post who ships to MA. Maybe you can start your own Alpha forum and post whatever you want.

I thought this thread had disappeared for awhile. Did a mod hide it somehow and then unhide it, or did I just have a lapse in sanity?

Yes, it was hidden for a while until TSUSA doubled down and made hiding it pointless, it was brought back to life.

Reading is fundamental, some of you guys need to read before bitching about them only "shipping to a ffl". :confused:

People, AGAIN, If TS has your license on file, THEY SHIP TO YOU.

Greg

the reason people keep asking is because they are hearing shipped to door here and the website is saying to ffl

Attachments

• 5FF137F8-6BA9-4CD1-9A79-4D1DC13C95E4.png
    5FF137F8-6BA9-4CD1-9A79-4D1DC13C95E4.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 33
the reason people keep asking is because they are hearing shipped to door here and the website is saying to ffl
I placed an order. Before it went through, it asked for a permit which I uploaded in a few seconds. Never saw any mention of ffl or anything else. People need to not make it any harder than it is.

I placed an order. Before it went through, it asked for a permit which I uploaded in a few seconds. Never saw any mention of ffl or anything else. People need to not make it any harder than it is.

not saying it is...but TS should probably fix their website so they get even more action...i will be ordering from them again since they are back shipping to residential homes and they have a better selection than the other seller i use which has the same deal (upload/email a photo of your license and good to go)...i was disappointed to see them go since i only heard about them recently and was only able to get 1 order in before they stopped shipping here...now i'll be buying all my ammo there

Back
Top Bottom