Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

\
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-15_20-33-54.png
    upload_2017-12-15_20-33-54.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 8
They Lawyered up and said that state has no legal claim to stop this.
Lawyers love to speak in theory and run up billable hours. What the lawyers were really saying was "We don't think the AG was justified, and once she gives you a choice of a small penalty and a consent decree or a trial, we will be prepared to defend your right to sell in MA once you refresh our retainer to the tune of an additional $100K, as this case will be tried in a MA court, and will have to hire a MA law firm (which will need its own retainer), apply for pro hac vice, and work with that firm to try the case."

At that point, Target Sports will agree to the consent decree, post haste.

If you have a contact at Target Sports, send them to comm2a ([email protected]). We would like to speak with them about their strategy for trying their case in MA.

I can guarantee you that once "word gets out" to those in power, they will get hammered.
This is about power, plain and simple - who has it and who does not. Do not expect the AG to allow a challenge to her power and authority to write law to go unanswered.

Last edited:
Thank you Target Sports!

My concern is that since they've consulted with legal counsel and determined that Maura has no authority to ban mail order sales, she'll just talk to Deleo, Creem, and Linsky to get a bill written up banning online sales like what happened in CA. A great temp win for us, but I agree this should be kept discrete.

100% that's Healy's intention at this very moment. In MA, she does whatever she wants and it takes years to over turn her decision. California has showed her a way. And ASAP she finds out she couldn't bully outstate online stores, she will copy cat CA.

100% that's Healy's intention at this very moment. In MA, she does whatever she wants and it takes years to over turn her decision. California has showed her a way. And ASAP she finds out she couldn't bully outstate online stores, she will copy cat CA.

Maybe taking a play out of their playbook might help. Get a 1stCircuit pro2A judge to rule any chicanery unconstitutional until the trial is done. Yeah, we’re getting ahead of ourselves here and I wouldn’t blame if the Comm2A guys go silent on this for a bit.

Attacking interstate commerce isn't the brightest idea when congress and the administration is in a pro-enterprise mood. This is one of those times that Healey picking a fight might backfire big time on her. Even the judge in the Exxon case went from sympathetic to thinking she is a loon after her comments about wanting global warming stickers on gas pumps.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. Will she lose today? probably not. Will she lose in the end? Truthfully, I hope that's where the stick goes, sideways, both pointy ends at he same time. Nobody thought Hillary and Bill would get theirs either, but they will, soon enough... Such is the fate of the despot... Feared, then hated, then despised, then vanquished. Ultimately forgotten and ground to dust under the wheels of history, monuments toppled, legacies erased.

So I did the order to Pullman Arms nice folks but PIA to drive from Framingham when the are only open M - F till 5:00. On my next order I placed they shipped to my house again. So I have bought 3 cases taking advantage of the 25% off if you buy Federal ammo. Rebate good till Dec 31st.
Yes going forward you have to upload your LTC to there web site which is what they should have done originally.

Get a 1stCircuit pro2A judge to rule any chicanery unconstitutional until the trial is done. Yeah, we’re getting ahead of ourselves here and I wouldn’t blame if the Comm2A guys go silent on this for a bit.
You must be new to this game ;)

First, the term "1st Circuit Pro 2A judge" is an oxymoron.

Secondly, the court does not rule on the constitutionality of an issue before the trial is done. What the court can do is issue a preliminary injunction prevent any enforcement action or accrual of penalties prior to the rendering of a decision. But, refer to my first point.

Lawyers love to speak in theory and run up billable hours. What the lawyers were really saying was "We don't think the AG was justified, and once she gives you a choice of a small penalty and a consent decree or a trial, we will be prepared to defend your right to sell in MA once you refresh our retainer to the tune of an additional $100K, as this case will be tried in a MA court, and will have to hire a MA law firm (which will need its own retainer), apply for pro hac vice, and work with that firm to try the case."

If you have a contact at Target Sports, send them to comm2a ([email protected]). We would like to speak with them about their strategy for trying their case in MA.

This is about power, plain and simple - who has it and who does not. Do not expect the AG to allow a challenge to her power and authority to write law to go unanswered.

I passed along Comm2a’s info to TSUSA over a month ago after telling Brent that they wanted legal advice/help to fight this crap. I imagine they must have reached out to you guys by now?...

There are a few vendors back to shipping items they would not before. So there is something going on I hope.
Many years ago there was a vendor specializing in magazines. I called him and asked if he ships to mass and said yes, his words" I got a letter from your AG and passed it on to my lawyer. He said its not even worth wiping your ass with" He sold me lots of nice mags for years until he passed.
Another Vendor answered my email and told me although the letter they got was not dated or even signed their legal council recomended stopping sales. I guess until someone posts the AGs letters and actual lawyers can debate their legal standing we will have to wait and see.

I didn't see it mentioned, but on their website it says shipments to MA must go through a MA FFL. As far as I could see, the only way to find out who the participating FFLs are is to place an order.

I guess that's one way around the MA laws, but I wonder if that means we're going to have to pay sales tax or any other fees when we pick up the ammunition.

I didn't see it mentioned, but on their website it says shipments to MA must go through a MA FFL. As far as I could see, the only way to find out who the participating FFLs are is to place an order.

I guess that's one way around the MA laws, but I wonder if that means we're going to have to pay sales tax or any other fees when we pick up the ammunition.
I don't think shops can collect sales tax unless your paying the shop. your paying a fee for having the item shipped to the shop not buying it from the ma shop. Alhough I have no clue how the sales and use tax works

This is about power, plain and simple - who has it and who does not. Do not expect the AG to allow a challenge to her power

I’d be happy to contribute to a legal defense fund for Target Sports. It’s time to bite back against this rogue bully of an AG.

I'm just going on the history of MA DOR being aggressive on collecting taxes. Also, I seem to remember one or two shops trying to collect sales tax on inbound transfers of guns bought out of state. That might have been just a sleazy FFL, but I don't recall the details.

An email to Target Sports might be in order.

I don't think shops can collect sales tax unless your paying the shop. your paying a fee for having the item shipped to the shop not buying it from the ma shop. Alhough I have no clue how the sales and use tax works

I'm just going on the history of MA DOR being aggressive on collecting taxes. Also, I seem to remember one or two shops trying to collect sales tax on inbound transfers of guns bought out of state. That might have been just a sleazy FFL, but I don't recall the details.

An email to Target Sports might be in order.

The use tax on out of state purchases at an FFL is tricky. Example: order a handgun online and get it inbounded to your local FFL. Since you can’t buy a handgun at an out of state FFL how is the instate FFL to know that your handgun will be stored/used in state and not out of state?

Last edited:
I know you guys have all been conditioned to keep these rare sources secret, however have some reading comprehension for me one time and actually read the thread and stop f***ing saying delete it.
Target USA wants this word out there. Comm2A wants this word out there and has been looking for someone to fight FOR US like this for a long time. This is a great thing.

You know what changes if everything stays a secret and no one stands up and fights for a change in the open? Nothing. Christ, we sound like the biggest pussies ever. Conducting business in secret because we're afraid the state will find out. How far we've fallen. Now go donate to Comm2a incase something DOES happen.

/End Saturday morning grumpy at work rant.

Back
Top Bottom