Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I've bought decent 9mm for .29 to low .30s lately. I don't split hairs over it, prefer to buy what I know is gonna run and not get creative - total bummer when you find you got 600 rounds of something that your glocks won't run.

Is Igman different from where they made the MaxxTech Brass (kinda crummy 9mm under the Tula line)?

edit: Yes it is actually. Igman is an ex military Yugoslav munitions plant and Pobjeda tech (maxxtech makers) seem to be completley different factories in different towns.

Last edited:
I've bought decent 9mm for .29 to low .30s lately. I don't split hairs over it, prefer to buy what I know is gonna run and not get creative - total bummer when you find you got 600 rounds of something that your glocks won't run.
Speaking of this I shot some of Active Duty m-whatever ammo and it gave both my gen4 and 5 Glock19s absolute fits. But oddly enough ran really well in my M&P compact.

Lol you guys can keep blazer 115....

View: https://youtu.be/JGUyZwQqvlk

It's fun to be able to shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger with a metal frame 9mm running blazer 115. Soft shooting.

I've shot several thousand rds of steel and brass Blazer 115 with nothing but reliability and no issues I can recall. What do you find to be the problem with it?

edited post.

Is the Igman loaded to NATO pressures?... Some of the European 9mm I've gotten that was "124gr 9mm" was loaded very hot. I want regular 9mm luger.
Why do you want weak ammo? Slow 115s are doodoo. Yes, I shoot them but I'll take a 124 going 1100-1200+ all day long over that. I want ammo that works the gun. Also slow 115s are bad in stuff like PCC like uzis etc.

9mm going anything less than 1100fps isn't worth shooting unless its 147s lumpers for cans.

If you want it soft you're better off loading 147s, anyways. Weak 115s are horrible.

Why do you want weak ammo? Slow 115s are doodoo. Yes, I shoot them but I'll take a 124 going 1100-1200+ all day long over that. I want ammo that works the gun. Also slow 115s are bad in stuff like PCC like uzis etc.

9mm going anything less than 1100fps isn't worth shooting unless its 147s lumpers for cans.

If you want it soft you're better off loading 147s, anyways. Weak 115s are horrible.
For the application and role it is intended for, which is usually affordable practice/target ammo, it has worked fine for me. Not saying it's an ideal loading for every application. I can't recall any firearm I've owned that did not run it perfectly fine (I generally avoid buying "finnicky" guns that won't eat anything)

Many shooters have had zero issues from thousands and thousands of name brand 115 gr 9mm. It just works. I understand your qualms but they have not effected my 1000s of rounds of range fodder 115gr like Blazer, Remingon UMC, etc.

Is blazer 124 quantifiably better for practice ammo? How exactly is it "horrible" for the application it's marketed for and used as?

I prefer 124gr in general for the added back pressure. I cut my teeth with that being the “breakin” gr weight. so I have a bias. 115 was always “weaker” and now “weak” 115 is that much more powder puff imo. I still shoot it when it’s what I have. but I try for 124-147gr as my go too range.

I also go heavy for caliber as a general rule.

For the application and role it is intended for, which is usually affordable practice/target ammo, it has worked fine for me. Not saying it's an ideal loading for every application. I can't recall any firearm I've owned that did not run it perfectly fine (I generally avoid buying "finnicky" guns that won't eat anything)

Many shooters have had zero issues from thousands and thousands of name brand 115 gr 9mm. It just works. I understand your qualms but they have not effected my 1000s of rounds of range fodder 115gr like Blazer, Remingon UMC, etc.

Is blazer 124 quantifiably better for practice ammo? How exactly is it "horrible" for the application it's marketed for and used as?

CCI is a fine manufacturer of ammunition. Even the best manufacturers have marginal product lines. I have shot Blazer 115. Probably tons of it years ago. Yeah, it /usually/ works.

I'm not a stranger to "meh" ammo, as ive fired tons of it. I will even sully myself with shit like tula 9mm once in awhile, too.

But if I'm paying money for brass, and I have a choice of something that offers more punt, I'm picking something better if its only a matter of a few bucks.

I havent tried CCI 124 in any huge quantity but I wouldnt be shocked if it was objectively better with better recoil impulse and velocity not much down from the 115.

Now that I have access to outdoor shooting space again, I'll have to put a new 9V battery in my CHRONY and go to town.

I prefer 124gr in general for the added back pressure. I cut my teeth with that being the “breakin” gr weight. so I have a bias. 115 was always “weaker” and now “weak” 115 is that much more powder puff imo. I still shoot it when it’s what I have. but I try for 124-147gr as my go too range.

I also go heavy for caliber as a general rule.

Someone's got the BTDT tee shirt on.

norma.jpg

124 is gods bullet weight

it is as it was written

Amen,
download.jpg

(Every time someone buys or loads a case of 124gn+ 9mm that goes over 1100 fps this song should play. )

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdo4Eyw4DqM

This is what happens when you buy multiple cases or a whole pallet....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk2f847foaA

Someone's got the BTDT tee shirt on.

View attachment 643686

124 is gods bullet weight

it is as it was written

Amen,
View attachment 643691

(Every time someone buys or loads a case of 124gn+ 9mm that goes over 1100 fps this song should play. )

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdo4Eyw4DqM

This is what happens when you buy multiple cases or a whole pallet....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk2f847foaA

Yeah that church looks boss.

Like Eli's

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08TrHH8g5c

Bro, Uzi's are sh*t. Lets get that out of the way.

A good PCC will run sh*t so light you almost think it is shooting a .22.

Join us for Steel challenge practice one of these Sundays down south and you can play with a few, when I mean soft shooting, I mean really f*cking soft. They make 115 commercial ammo feel like a 147g +P

Bro, Uzi's are sh*t. Lets get that out of the way.

A good PCC will run sh*t so light you almost think it is shooting a .22.

Join us for Steel challenge practice one of these Sundays down south and you can play with a few, when I mean soft shooting, I mean really f*cking soft. They make 115 commercial ammo feel like a 147g +P

Yeah but I bet most of those guys arent running 115 gr garbage, they're running heavy 147+ lungers loaded light. Which will still cycle a lot more guns than weak 115 does.

I could never get used to "gamer loads" though. Meh.

Yeah but I bet most of those guys arent running 115 gr garbage, they're running heavy 147+ lungers loaded light. Which will still cycle a lot more guns than weak 115 does.

I could never get used to "gamer loads" though. Meh.
Yeah a buddy of mine who shoots PCC runs 165 gr Xtreme bullets. Also 147s

Back
Top Bottom