• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Aguila runs fine, but smells weird.

Yeah the smell, cat piss primers I call them, same as Eley.
Aguila packaging was marked as using Eley primer in the past, but nowadays they are marked as "Aguila Prime." I am guessing the formula is the same perhaps under license or their own similar version, either way the smell is the same.

Anyway @Noreaster13 as others have said the Aguila is GTG in either 40gr PRN or 38gr PHP and TSUSA has both right now.

I did have an issue once where the PRN was kind of dragging on the front inside face of a Mark IV magazine leading to some feeding issues, it seemed like a batch with a slightly longer COL.

🐯

I love surprises from TSUSA! I got a notice that a package is on the way to me. That's awesome except for the fact that I didn't order anything and my Prime Membership isn't up until September. Doubt its a welcome package, but you never know. Guess I'll see tomorrow! The excitement is killing me. [laugh]

I love surprises from TSUSA! I got a notice that a package is on the way to me. That's awesome except for the fact that I didn't order anything and my Prime Membership isn't up until September. Doubt its a welcome package, but you never know. Guess I'll see tomorrow! The excitement is killing me. [laugh]
Drunk ordering is best ordering.

Purchase one of everything you can and take notes on weights and velocities. Found out my .22s work best with the 40gr standard velocity, brand doesn't seem to matter much.
I went to the range on Saturday to try out the new ammo & try the CCI again
The Federal had 8 no fires out of 100, all 8 fired the second time around
The Aguila had the same exact results as the Fed
CCI mini mags had 19 no fires, 7 didn't fire the second time around & all but 2 didn't fire the third time around

Last edited:
I went to the range on Saturday to try out the new ammo & try the CCI again
The Federal had 8 no fires out of 100, all 8 fired the second time around
The Aguilar had the same exact results as the Fed
CCI mini mags had 19 no fires, 7 didn't fire the second time around & all but 2 didn't fire the third time around
What gun you using?

CCI mini mags I've always had luck with, function well in everything i own (ie 10-22, 15-22, SR22s). I like the 40 gr because it comes in a round nose but honestly am aware of no practical difference. Other ammo I've found is not as universally reliable, and I do not shoot tons of 22, so that's all I stock lately.

That failure rate sounds extremely high. I've used at least 7 different rounds in 2 Ruger pistols, a 10/22 and an old Remington bolt action for years without that many failures in any one session running from 200 to 500 rounds each session. I would suspect the pistol, and be checking the sig forum to see if others are experiencing similar issues.

I would agree that failure rate would point me to the firearm. That’s way too high across that full spectrum of ammo for my comfort level. Does the p322 have a break-in period? Otherwise I’d check the firing pin channel etc all the usual suspects maybe something is slowing down the firing pin. Otherwise a call to sig would be my next step. Hope you get it sorted. Those should be all relatively solid brands of 22lr.

Does TS combine orders?

I just placed 3 separate orders, because I kept going back and seeing stuff I wanted. [laugh]

They have some BPS 9mm for $0.25/round
I never used thst brand, but I am sure it is fine.

That is $12.5/50 ... approaching the $10/50 for PMC before COVID.

The 322 is like all new Sigs. Expect to be the beta-tester because Sig can't be bothered to test their shit. You're not the only one with issues:
MiniMags are basically the gold standard of bulk 22.
That failure rate sounds extremely high. I've used at least 7 different rounds in 2 Ruger pistols, a 10/22 and an old Remington bolt action for years without that many failures in any one session running from 200 to 500 rounds each session. I would suspect the pistol, and be checking the sig forum to see if others are experiencing similar issues.

I would agree that failure rate would point me to the firearm. That’s way too high across that full spectrum of ammo for my comfort level. Does the p322 have a break-in period? Otherwise I’d check the firing pin channel etc all the usual suspects maybe something is slowing down the firing pin. Otherwise a call to sig would be my next step. Hope you get it sorted. Those should be all relatively solid brands of 22lr.
Agreed. It's the gun.

That's too funny. I hoarded Aguila Super Extra and Federal Automatch and they both run great in everything. I also keep a stash of Gemtech for the bolt action because they are BB gun quiet in the bolt action rifle.
I've been buying Fed AutoMatch at WallyWorld...

1658334287930.png
not my photo...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom