Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Waiting for TSUSA to restock the Republic. Just finished off almost all my Tulammo, I've probably shot 5-7000 rounds of it in the last year or so. People trash tula but I've had literally zero malfunctions I can remember. No, it's not as accurate as mil spec stuff, but I couldn't tell unless I was bench shooting for accuracy. Not a tangable difference if you are shooting unsupported or doing any kind of drills or something.

Waiting for TSUSA to restock the Republic. Just finished off almost all my Tulammo, I've probably shot 5-7000 rounds of it in the last year or so. People trash tula but I've had literally zero malfunctions I can remember. No, it's not as accurate as mil spec stuff, but I couldn't tell unless I was bench shooting for accuracy. Not a tangable difference if you are shooting unsupported or doing any kind of drills or something.
Tula is AWESOME. I shoot it in all my guns.

Tula gets a bad rap. Plenty accurate, runs in all my garbage. I have gotten the stink eye in a couple of courses using it, but it never held me back.
Those are all the idiots thinking "ugh, steel foreign ammo is bad" ... because they hear it from other idiots that hear it from other idiots that read some troll post in a forum 9 years ago.

Tula gets a bad rap. Plenty accurate, runs in all my garbage. I have gotten the stink eye in a couple of courses using it, but it never held me back.

I don't really shoot ARs and never used it an appreciable amount in .223, but I'm willing to assume the issue is crappy guns not running the ammo vs the ammo itself..

Especially for AK,s I don't get the hate to run tula. It's what they were designed to run on.

I don't really shoot ARs and never used it an appreciable amount in .223, but I'm willing to assume the issue is crappy guns not running the ammo vs the ammo itself..

Especially for AK,s I don't get the hate to run tula. It's what they were designed to run on.
Bargain, flint machines will suck and be finicky no matter what. They will blame whatever they can for their crap not running, including steel ammo. But, the cheap pricks won't buy brass 5.56 cause it's .60cpr.

Then you have all the fancy pants that wont run steel in their LMT and DD, because it will ruin the gun in 150 rounds. Pfft.

That sold out quick

The Creedmoor Sports ammo they sell is really good stuff! All brand name bullets and brass, and the .223 and 6.5 of I've shot is very consistent - for about half the price of similar quality match ammo. For these .30-06 rounds it would cost about $1.30 for the Lapua brass and $.45 for the Scenar bullet. Add in primer and powder and you're way beyond the $1.50 delivered cost per round. Plus you get some nice brass to reload!

"BJHP" = Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point.
While this isn't the GQ thread per-se,
this seems on-point:

Honestly, these are two reasons why I never got into ARs all that heavily. I just see too many drawbacks to the gun as an SHTF/ individual survival platform.

The ratio of gun cost|ammo cost|upkeep+maintenance just isn't there for me
You're not looking at the big picture:

If it's a SHTF situation,
and you survive,
you'll find all the ammo and AR's you want just laying around.

As for maintenance...

The M16A1 Rifle: Operation and Preventive Maintenance

While this isn't the GQ thread per-se,
this seems on-point:

You're not looking at the big picture:

If it's a SHTF situation,
and you survive,
you'll find all the ammo and AR's you want just laying around.

As for maintenance...

The M16A1 Rifle: Operation and Preventive Maintenance

As much as I would rather hump around my AK74 in a situation that requires me to hump it around, I would have to bring my AR instead.. Battlefield pickups will be littered with AR parts and ammo... AK74's , not so much.

Good deal on that 30.06 ammo though, no surprise it sold out quick.

The Creedmoor Sports ammo they sell is really good stuff! All brand name bullets and brass, and the .223 and 6.5 of I've shot is very consistent - for about half the price of similar quality match ammo. For these .30-06 rounds it would cost about $1.30 for the Lapua brass and $.45 for the Scenar bullet. Add in primer and powder and you're way beyond the $1.50 delivered cost per round. Plus you get some nice brass to reload!
Agreed. Definitely a very fair price for the quality.

An AR is a no-brainer if you live in these United States. Learning how to use/maintain/repair is important too.
An AK is great also, but if it could be Only One? AR...

Back
Top Bottom