• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Sorry to break up the CMP circle jerk,
Sub $1/rd. 150gr. Aguila .308

Kicked myself last time this was up and I missed it. It has an extra few grains of powder versus the 7.62x51 version, that’s oddly more expensive.

I thought I just hit the jackpot. Bought 300 rounds of Wolf 223. I would have bought more, but I've been a little spendy recently and didn't want to cry opening my credit card statement. Just arrived today and inside the privacy box, there was what appeared to be an unopened Wolf 500rnd box. Thought I hit the FN jackpot. Opened that and saw only 15 boxes. They just did a near perfect tape job so I didn't notice it was opened and re-taped closed.

The roller coaster of emotions...

Ya I'm not a fan of FedEx. Perfect example was a recent order from another company, one box with UPS & the other FedEx.
They both shipped on the same day from different warehouses in the same state. Ups package delivered on Tuesday, FedEx package is somewhere in Detroit for the last 3 days with unknown eta

Ya I'm not a fan of FedEx. Perfect example was a recent order from another company, one box with UPS & the other FedEx.
They both shipped on the same day from different warehouses in the same state. Ups package delivered on Tuesday, FedEx package is somewhere in Detroit for the last 3 days with unknown eta
Probably more to do with the service that was purchased than who the carrier is. They all suck.

Almost every CMP order has the label damaged and replaced by FedEx, wondering if they are trying to “lose” the package…

My CC just got hit by CMP like it owed it money... oh, wait.

Getting my delivery from CMP Saturday.

3 weeks, two days from order date.
I ordered two cases of the same stuff. CC was hit at the beginning of the week. One case arrived yesterday. The second just left GA this morning.

Is fedex requiring a signature?

Yup I got the sticker yesterday too. First time anyone has wanted a signature in over a year. FedEx guy actually looked like a cop on the camera when I saw it after. Very tactical 😂 Kind of made me go huh?!

Targetsports deliveries have never required a signature for me.

FedEx did send out an email 2-3 weeks ago announcing actual signatures will once again be required, I think it started Sept 18 or some time close to that.
CMP always requires FedEx to get a signature. In my case for the CMP order that arrived yesterday, the driver just left the box (emblazoned all over with 'Ammunition") on our side porch in view of the street, and noted that I had signed for it on the electronic form. Which is quite a trick, as no one was home.

Target Sports doesn't require a signature, but at least ships in a plain box (for free) if you ask them to.

Last edited:
I ordered two cases of the same stuff. CC was hit at the beginning of the week. One case arrived yesterday. The second just left GA this morning.

CMP always requires FedEx to get a signature. In my case for the CMP order that arrived yesterday, the driver just left the box (emblazoned all over with 'Ammunition") on our side porch in view of the street, and noted that I had signed for it on the electronic form. Which is quite a trick, as no one was home.

Target Sports doesn't require a signature, but at least ships in a plain box (for free) if you ask them to.

I’ve never once had to sign for my CMP orders. I know they are suppose to get sigs but they never do at my house, just drop them just like UPS.

Well I'll be a son of a gun. Got my CMP order yesterday, a little over three weeks, incredible. I was home when the fedex kid showed up, asked him about the signature requirement. He said since I live in the "middle of nowhere", he would just leave it on the porch and don't worry about the signature. Apparently, it was too far of a drive for him, and he didn't wanted to make a return trip.

That said, it's really nice ammo for the money, especially with no tax and free shipping. $.80 per round for new Lake City brass and 75 grain Hornady bullet is tough to beat!
View attachment 526041
did you order 75gr or 55gr? as picture shows 55.
they sent me once 75gr instead of 68 ordered and 68 instead of 75 :) both are acceptable, but a 55gr would be not.

1:8 twist barrels i have group the 68gr the best.

The Ram has 1k round cases of PMC 9mm for $375 plus $9.95 shipping. There are coupon codes (SRG) available to take off $20. So $365 shipped.
But if you spend $450 there are $40 off coupon codes and $50 codes for $550 orders

did you order 75gr or 55gr? as picture shows 55.
they sent me once 75gr instead of 68 ordered and 68 instead of 75 :) both are acceptable, but a 55gr would be not.

1:8 twist barrels i have group the 68gr the best.

The order in the pic was 55 grain .223, which they have available now at $130 per 200 rounds. Last week they had 5.56 75 grain up, and that's what I ordered. Hopefully when it arrives in four months, that's what I'll get!

There's quite bit of new ammo up today, including 68 and 75 grain .223, multiple .308 rounds, and 140 grain 6.5 CM. Last time the 6.5 came up it didn't last very long. (Edit: The 6.5 just disappeared off the site.)

Last edited:
Well I'll be a son of a gun. Got my CMP order yesterday, a little over three weeks, incredible. I was home when the fedex kid showed up, asked him about the signature requirement. He said since I live in the "middle of nowhere", he would just leave it on the porch and don't worry about the signature. Apparently, it was too far of a drive for him, and he didn't wanted to make a return trip.
Wondering what's going on with my 07 June order, CMP hit my bank for the $$ on the 20th and as of today no notice or anything from Fed-Ex to expect something , my CMP account says still processing. Kind of odd. It hasn't been marked shipped yet. I know CMP marches to their own drummer, but this is unusual even for them .

Wondering what's going on with my 07 June order, CMP hit my bank for the $$ on the 20th and as of today no notice or anything from Fed-Ex to expect something , my CMP account says still processing. Kind of odd. It hasn't been marked shipped yet. I know CMP marches to their own drummer, but this is unusual even for them .
I would give them a call tomorrow. The ladies are very helpful.

I never got a shipping notification from the CMP. I got one from fedex.

.69 per
.41 per
.37 per

.69 per
.41 per
.37 per
I find it funny how Federal and other manufacturers call x39 “Soviet”. Like renaming it will make it look sexier with an up charge? Lipstick on a pig? I like my swine all muddied up thank you 🐖

I find it funny how Federal and other manufacturers call x39 “Soviet”. Like renaming it will make it look sexier with an up charge? Lipstick on a pig? I like my swine all muddied up thank you 🐖
Agreed, hard pass for now. Got my prime day order of igman that was .20 less per coming today hopefully. Just got some to try.

Back
Top Bottom