• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

the US box sizes drive me nuts. Though I haven’t found a way to get 2 cases of euro 9mm boxes into a 50cal can. I get down to around 1750 or so and can’t fit anymore. it really screws with my OCD. may have to just put them in loose.

I will say I do a mental laugh at the recycling company though when I dump 20+ plastic bullet trays in the recycling bin along with all the cardboard boxes.
Im too paranoid about giving away my gun owner status to toss stuff like that in the recycling. That and I use them to store reloaded rounds to some extent. Even any gun related junk mail or mags I crumple up and throw in the trash rather than in an open recycle bin. Probably unnecessary but you never know who will lay their eyes on that stuff.

Pardon the intrusion, got this from AIM Surplus:

mail

Im too paranoid about giving away my gun owner status to toss stuff like that in the recycling. That and I use them to store reloaded rounds to some extent. Even any gun related junk mail or mags I crumple up and throw in the trash rather than in an open recycle bin. Probably unnecessary but you never know who will lay their eyes on that stuff.

Same here...

18317788.gif

Thankfully I don’t have a open to the street recycling bin but I have so many of the plastic trays I had to get rid of some of them. Def not worried about my recycling giving me away in this neighborhood. Though I have started shredding my ammo boxes and put the shredded cardboard in my compost for brown matter along with all my bills and other sensitive paper material.

Side Note: Primary Arms is having their 12% off site wide sale. Coupon code is Save12. it applies to ammo too.

Thankfully I don’t have a open to the street recycling bin but I have so many of the plastic trays I had to get rid of some of them. Def not worried about my recycling giving me away in this neighborhood.
Gonna be a lot of dead people in Afghanistan who said,
"I don't worry about family members in my tribe outing me for <this or that>".

Join a damned gun club and throw out your gun garbage in their dumpster.

Gonna be a lot of dead people in Afghanistan who said,
"I don't worry about family members in my tribe outing me for <this or that>".

Join a damned gun club and throw out your gun garbage in their dumpster.
Hahah if we are at the point where we are comparing our streets and neighborhoods to Afghanistan I think I’m past the point of worrying about my recycling.

Lolz

I’ve recycled brass and steel already. Dumped it right in the recycling bin about 3 years ago when the Trump slump was happening. I still throw all the empty boxes and plastic ammo holders right in the bin now too. Who cares….

Hahah if we are at the point where we are comparing our streets and neighborhoods to Afghanistan I think I’m past the point of worrying about my recycling.
If we're at the point where we are comparing our streets and neighborhoods to Afghanistan,
you better be at the point of worrying about everything.
The devil is in the details.

No trash pickup in my town. Drive to the dump and pour the recycling into the compactors. Big ole smile on my face when I’m sloooowly pouring the ammo cardboard out from the pampers box I use as a cardboard collector…. in front of Karen.

Last edited:
Who cares….
People like me [laugh]

theyrewatching.gif

Fwiw, really Im more concerned with someone making a mental note and booting in my back door while Im at work than I am with some random neighbor having something to say. People pretty much myob around here but I have no idea who the trash and recycle guys are or where all this stuff with my name and address is going to end up. I hate when companies ship stuff with their full name on the return address (Totally Tactical Guns and Ammo Inc) for the same reason. I used to have the same UPS guy for years and now I have a bunch of shady dudes and even shadier looking Amazon drivers.

Last edited:
People like me [laugh]

View attachment 521840

Fwiw, really Im more concerned with someone making a mental note and booting in my back door while Im at work than I am with some random neighbor having something to say. People pretty much myob around here but I have no idea who the trash and recycle guys are or where all this stuff with my name and address is going to end up. I hate when companies ship stuff with their full name on the return address (Totally Tactical Guns and Ammo Inc) for the same reason. I used to have the same UPS guy for years and now I have a bunch of shady dudes and even shadier looking Amazon drivers.
Don’t you live in a big city though? I get it. Different delivery guys I get but the trash/recycle dudes never stare at the shit. They move with a robotic and methodical way. Ymmv as my neighborhood minds it own business with old houses on a tree lined dead end street. I do mag dumps on my private range and not my backyard lolz.

My recycle guy I am very friendly with. Same guy who I’ve helped load bins in many times when they were heavy over the years. I do not however throw away boxes with my address and name in recycling. The fear of Ma is very palatable with many on this forum.

Don’t you live in a big city though? I get it. Different delivery guys I get but the trash/recycle dudes never stare at the shit. They move with a robotic and methodical way. Ymmv as my neighborhood minds it own business with old houses on a tree lined dead end street. I do mag dumps on my private range and not my backyard lolz.

My recycle guy I am very friendly with. Same guy who I’ve helped load bins in many times when they were heavy over the years. I do not however throw away boxes with my address and name in recycling. The fear of Ma is very palatable with many on this forum.
Im in a relatively densely populated section of a (to me) quiet suburb. (I grew up and work in Chelsea though, maybe thats where you got that idea) Im sure Im being overly cautious but what can I say?

You are right though regarding the trash/recycle guys. Theyre just looking to get through their route and theyre not going to spend time leafing through stuff. I guess all it takes is for a gun mag or an envelope with the word gun on it to catch the wrong persons eye a couple of times and one day his cousin is kicking in my door while Im at work.

Last edited:
Agreed, stuff like this gets thrown away at the club…or the transfer station by my own
People like me [laugh]

View attachment 521840

Agreed. I hate when non discreet packaging is used to ship stuff through distribution centers in state or when shippers use subcontractors who have low riders with blacked out windows and the stupid mufflers that make it sound like the day after leftover bratwurst night…I‘m with you though. Had a significant part delivered to the wrong address, damn near had a cow to get it 2 days later, opened, after being seen by god knows who. Funny, my metamucil, adult diaper and banana hammock orders never go missing, only my pew pew parts and accessories.

A couple of boxes with components was errantly delivered to the organic gardening lady next door. She’s nice enough and pretty much minds her own business. So here she is at my side door with two boxes of projectiles in her hands . I really wanted a picture , but didn’t think I could pull it off without busting out in laughter. It was all good till she said “ Gee these are heavy for such a small box, what’s in them gold? Lol if she only knew gold is probably less valuable in my mind! She probably would have had a cow if she really knew what was in them .

Last edited:
Pretty funny response to my post about spotting a guy
moving a longarm from his trunk into his garage
while I'm stopped at a red light.

A red light in...New Hampshire.
What are you talking about? I responded to a post about throwing gun trash in recycling bins. I even followed the quoted messages back a few and didn't see anything other than trash and recycling, nothing about moving a long arm to a trunk. If you're going to criticize someone at least try to have it be a little relevant.

A couple of boxes with components was errantly delivered to the organic gardening lady next door. She’s nice enough and pretty much minds her own business. So here she is at my side door with two boxes of projectiles in her hands . I really wanted a picture , but didn’t think I could pull it off without busting out in laughter. It was all good till she said “ Gee these are heavy for such a small box, what’s in them gold? Lol if she only knew gold is probably less valuable in my mind! She probably would have had a cow if she really knew what was in them .
You should have said,
"put them gently on the ground and back away slowly".

What are you talking about? I responded to a post about throwing gun trash in recycling bins. I even followed the quoted messages back a few and didn't see anything other than trash and recycling, nothing about moving a long arm to a trunk. If you're going to criticize someone at least try to have it be a little relevant.
If you think the goal of not throwing identifiable gun trash into your home's garbage/recycle
is the high carbon footprint -
you may have missed the point.

Back
Top Bottom