• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I do the same thing...after logging quantities in my inventory.

then i forget to log out my use until I realize things are lower than the spreadsheet would have me realize.

It's a foolproof system, in that it's proof I'm something of a fool.
Ho Lee f*** I just have it all stuffed in file cabinets and cases all over. I forget what I have actually. I like surprises.

I've recently started packing all of my ammo in metal ammo cans with desiccant packs and keep an inventory on a piece of paper taped to the wall. I'm not quite at the point of logging lot numbers into excel spreadsheets.

This has happened with me from Brownells once. I opened the outer box and there were loose rounds of Tulammo, smashed cardboard boxes, and broken plastic everywhere.
Yup. Everything in storage is in metal ammo cans. Everything i expect to shoot in the next few months is in MTM plastic boxes and in magazines. One box tab goes in with the bulk stuff, otherwise I keep them in the boxes, just packed in the ammo can. Some manufacturers are great with packaging tightly, others (Federal, I'm looking at you) aren't. A box of fiocchi 9mm is like 20% smaller than a box of Federal.

Ho Lee f*** I just have it all stuffed in file cabinets and cases all over. I forget what I have actually. I like surprises.
It's nice to stumble across cases that you forgot you had, ammo cans in the reloading area that I thought were empty til I went to pick one up, primer stashes etc. Its the little things that make life worth living

I just moved. My tiny collection got enough complaints from the folks helping schlep it to the third floor. And I spent the last couple years paying down an unruly amount of debt (hooray self-employment!)

Maybe I can try ordering pallets like you before my next move.

I just moved. My tiny collection got enough complaints from the folks helping schlep it to the third floor. And I spent the last couple years paying down an unruly amount of debt (hooray self-employment!)

Maybe I can try ordering pallets like you before my next move.
Yes, now is the time for pallets but I get it. Having the luxury of square footage and privacy allows for more ridiculous stacking. Dealing with rentals, third floor levels, dense city living can definitely stymy the volume. I can’t imagine moving all this when I do build new in the next year or two.

Yes, now is the time for pallets but I get it. Having the luxury of square footage and privacy allows for more ridiculous stacking. Dealing with rentals, third floor levels, dense city living can definitely stymy the volume. I can’t imagine moving all this when I do build new in the next year or two.
Hell, now is the time for me to actually train. Which would call for pallets.
Soon

Walmart used to sell ZQI in brass-cased years ago. I had good luck with it and liked the NATO load. YMMV
(also had good luck with their Perfecta 9mm too though...)

For the same price, I like the Belom brass better.

ZQI has a Facebook account if anyone is interested... ZQI Ammunition

Last edited:
Some zqi 9mm is up. Haven't seen that before on there.
.37 per
Edit: its Steelcase, booo

Walmart used to sell ZQI in brass cased years ago. I had good luck with it and liked the NATO load. YMMV
Send your money somewhere other than Turkey

Walmart used to sell ZQI in brass-cased years ago. I had good luck with it and liked the NATO load. YMMV

ZQI has a Facebook account if anyone is interested... Log into Facebook
I have a few boxes left of their x51 and I've had no troubles with it as well. Just shot some Sunday. If this was brass I probably would've got a few boxes.

I know they are one of the few companies that openly ships to Mass, but Target Sports USA doesn't really give a crap about their customers. I opened a case of Wolf Military Classic last night to discover that it was short four boxes. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the "Sealed case" had multiple layers of packing tape so someone had cut it open and re-taped it at some point. I wrote to their customer service and they told me that since it has been over 30 days since I ordered the case, I am shit out of luck. I guess we are expected to open "sealed" cases of ammo and take inventory immediately upon receipt. If that's the policy they want to have, fine. They will never get another cent of my business and I'll be the first one to tell people to take their business elsewhere from now on.
Sorry for your loss.
But my mind says "Hmm. UPS Drivers have packing tape too..."
Maybe they took their vig...?
1631300285902.png

Last edited:
Stainless steel case 😂
ZQI says "Nickle-Plated" steel...

Manufactured in 1631300752294.png

MPNZQI124GRST
UPC860005414109
ManufacturerZQI AMMUNITION
Caliber9MM AMMO
Bullet TypeFMJ- Full Metal Jacket
Muzzle Velocity1140 fps
Muzzle Energyft. lbs
PrimerBoxer
CasingNickel-Plated Steel
Ammo RatingTarget Shooting, Training, & Practice 9mm Luger Ammo

Last edited:
I just rip off the flap of one box with the lot number and throw it in the bag with the lose ammo, generally the whole case is from the same lot, when the bag goes empty, I throw the flap away, that way I know where it came from if I need to
Fire Marshal Bill says you're going to Fire Marshal Jail.
[rofl]

ZQI has a Facebook account if anyone is interested... ZQI Ammunition
Bought a bunch of the x51 from walmart. Never had any issues other than the packaging. Think i may still have a few hundred left over. So out of curiosity is the 19th "prime day" just the announcement of the truck winner or will it be an ammo sale?

Yup. Everything in storage is in metal ammo cans. Everything i expect to shoot in the next few months is in MTM plastic boxes and in magazines. One box tab goes in with the bulk stuff, otherwise I keep them in the boxes, just packed in the ammo can. Some manufacturers are great with packaging tightly, others (Federal, I'm looking at you) aren't. A box of fiocchi 9mm is like 20% smaller than a box of Federal.
you know how to cut right to the heart of me. The Federal / CCI / American packaging drives me bananas.

the US box sizes drive me nuts. Though I haven’t found a way to get 2 cases of euro 9mm boxes into a 50cal can. I get down to around 1750 or so and can’t fit anymore. it really screws with my OCD. may have to just put them in loose.

I will say I do a mental laugh at the recycling company though when I dump 20+ plastic bullet trays in the recycling bin along with all the cardboard boxes.

Back
Top Bottom