• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I’m in search of Aguila minishells in #00 and slug… not a WTB, just a general ‘be on the lookout…’ if anyone happens to come across any. I have alerts set for TSUSA, but those can be hit or miss… Thanks.
Larry has them occasionally, that's where I've found them most consistently.

it just caught my eye, ain`t that #9 supposed to be like, about 30c per round? a 1 3/4 oz load #9 - are they using plutonium there to sell it at $9.40 a pop? had federal lost their minds? a $10 per round 12ga ? WTF?

it just caught my eye, ain`t that #9 supposed to be like, about 30c per round? a 1 3/4 oz load #9 - are they using plutonium there to sell it at $9.40 a pop? had federal lost their minds? a $10 per round 12ga ? WTF?

Those are Tungsten Turkey loads, that price is on point with what a tungsten turkey load should cost

I'm real happy that ammo is in stock and while the prices are still high its not selling out the moment it comes in. For a while there it was like buying game stock during the short.

Anyone ever see any 45-70? I just picked up a Henry H010X last week and I'm itching to shoot but finding ammo has been impossible. Only been able to scrounge up a couple boxes and that went quick with how damn fun lever actions are.

Anyone ever see any 45-70? I just picked up a Henry H010X last week and I'm itching to shoot but finding ammo has been impossible. Only been able to scrounge up a couple boxes and that went quick with how damn fun lever actions are.
im looking to pick one of those up as well and havent been lucky to find any either

More like playing whack-a-mole with an artillery shell for most part of the 3/4 quarter of 2020.
1ne41p.gif

im looking to pick one of those up as well and havent been lucky to find any either

Ouch. That’s going to be expensive to feed if you don’t reload.
Larry has some in stock but it’s $3 per round plus tax. There’s a free shipping coupon available on the homepage.
The Ram has some in stock too. PM sent.

Last edited:
Walmart used to always sell.

But honestly, reload. You will be 100x better reloading 45/70, even with a single stage.

The cheapest factory 45/70 is like $32/box of 20.

You can reload 20, match grade, for $10-17 depending on what powder and bullets you use and how much you pay for primers.

I need to look at my notes, but when I cast my own, the cost of a round drops to like $0.50 and under a dollar if I buy heavy bullets. It is so cheap, I take 100 rounds to the range and don't even think about it.

Reloading big calibers makes it so much cheaper, I am looking at getting a .460 and a 500. Already have the .460 dies, cost me maybe 2 boxes of ammo.

But honestly, reload. You will be 100x better reloading 45/70, even with a single stage.

You can reload 20, match grade, for $10-17 depending on what powder and bullets you use and how much you pay for primers.

I need to look at my notes, but when I cast my own, the cost of a round drops to like $0.50 and under a dollar if I buy heavy bullets. It is so cheap, I take 100 rounds to the range and don't even think about it.

Reloading big calibers makes it so much cheaper, I am looking at getting a .460 and a 500. Already have the .460 dies, cost me maybe 2 boxes of ammo.
I literally can't even understand how somebody could have owned a 45/70 and not reload for it that's kind of the whole f****** point of the thing, someone would go broke otherwise. Cost recovery is rapid.

I literally can't even understand how somebody could have owned a 45/70 and not reload for it that's kind of the whole f****** point of the thing, someone would go broke otherwise. Cost recovery is rapid.
This. You have to know what you’re getting into when buying a gun in that caliber lol

more of various stuff at TSA. It's amusing to see TSA trying to optimize their pricing point. 9 prices from .50 to .45 to .40 to .42 fluctuating with almost every new shipment.

And currently Larry is dropping large rifle primers so that will certainly help get ya started.

Anyway, back to TSUSA!

Yup. You can be set up to reload 45/70 for the cost of less than 10 boxes of Walmart ammo.
At some point I'm sure I'll reload but with two little ones time is short. Out of curiosity, how long would it take to reload 100 rounds of 45-70? I've never reloaded before so I'm completely ignorant to the process.

Sorry for the thread derail, I'll get back to TSUSA after this one.

At some point I'm sure I'll reload but with two little ones time is short. Out of curiosity, how long would it take to reload 100 rounds of 45-70? I've never reloaded before so I'm completely ignorant to the process.

Sorry for the thread derail, I'll get back to TSUSA after this one.
Using the Lee classic (cheap reloading turret) I reload a little faster than 1 round per minute.

Last time I timed myself I was reloading for the Sharps and that takes longer since I have to trickle the black powder using a 36" drop tube going slow and I was weighing every single charge with a mechanical scale, that is time consuming. Those were rounds for a match.

For smokeless and plinking rounds, it is faster and I usually reload when I am reloading other calibers and get bored. This past weekend I reloaded 400 9mm, then I got bored and reloaded 20 45/70. Tomorrow I will probably reload another 30 or so if I am bored.

more of various stuff at TSA. It's amusing to see TSA trying to optimize their pricing point. 9 prices from .50 to .45 to .40 to .42 fluctuating with almost every new shipment.

Its fluctuating more constantly than that even, I think they keep messing with it to see what will sell etc. Some of it might be keyed off what their competitors are doing. As a point of contrast one of them had some good shit on sale for $18 a box of 9mm. Obviously it went fast, but will be interesting to see how it unfolds vs time vs incoming stock.

If anyone thinks there's a person manually pricing ammo at TSUSA in 2021, they've got another thing coming. It's going to be algorithm-driven, at least if they have any sense. You want to optimize profit and sales numbers. Now that supply is expanding, they'll be more aggressive with pricing to keep the buyers coming.

Anybody know how this stuff compares to the Black Hills 77gr TMK? I know of Black Hills by reputation and have been looking for something spicy to keep in loaded mags.

Back
Top Bottom