• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

The Enbloc special.

On your recommendation a case of these is literally the last ammo I have purchased since July 2020, it was $69.80 at that time.

🐯
This is still my 2nd favorite 00-Buckshot round...

At today's prices and availability, this Wolf offering is a great deal and should not be overlooked.

~Enbloc

Larry's got remington UMC 38 spl +p JHPs in stock. 59 cpr plus tax and shipping.
The Ram has CCI mini mags in stock for 13-14 cpr plus shipping. Though there are coupon codes available to get money off and free shipping.

Just a little advice for the people still trying to get .55cpr for 9mm in the classifieds. Time to rethink your pricing. Same thing goes for 223 for .60cpr. You missed your window of opportunity.
Oh no, I'm going to buy it for .37 cpr now and still advertise if for .55 cpr. I'm sure some people will not have seen the adjustments yet ;)

Getting close. .37 for prime
Noticed that, but also noticed Midway is doing a 10% off on optics combined with a Birthday sale price on items and the NODS, thermal, and other optics are calling to me. [laugh]

Sub 40cpr and it's still there. A month ago there would have been old ladies trampled for the chance to buy this.

Was tempted by this, 40cpr for non-prime, but I still have 1 1/2 cases of Federal that I paid 23cpr so I'm going to hold off. If it goes to 30cpr, I'll probably buy at least a couple cases and if it hits 25cpr, I'll buy a few more.

Just a little advice for the people still trying to get .55cpr for 9mm in the classifieds. Time to rethink your pricing. Same thing goes for 223 for .60cpr. You missed your window of opportunity.
I hate to say even the dealers on NES need fo rethink. As much as I love those dealers, it’s a tough sell for 223 at 75 cpr

What is your favorite? Is this reliable for HD?

#1 for me, is Federal 00-Buck 8-pellet with Flight Control. I've found that the 8-pellet groups better than the 9-pellet, which tends to have a flyer...

Put in your due diligence though and Pattern it in you shottie and make sure it feeds well. Don't just buy and stack it in the back of a closet. RUN IT! 😁

Reliable? As reliable as Death & Taxes...

Wolf is very, very dependable also, and groups well in my 870's/500A's/590A1. It is my training round that, I would not hesitate for a flat second, to trust for Home Defense
or Personal Protection. It is Good-to-Go.

~Enbloc

1625188543878.png

From TSUSA:

Federal Law Enforcement Tactical 12 Ga Ammo 2-3/4” 00 Buckshot 8 Pellets review offers the following information; For nearly a century Federal Ammunition has put its focus on manufacturing quality products with cutting edge technology. This dedication to excellence has given Federal a competitive edge as an ammunition technology giant. Today the company is well known for producing high grade centerfire, rimfire, and shotshell ammunition that shooters everywhere know and trust. Federal Power Shok buckshot is ideally suited for deer hunting or personal defense. This Federal LE 12 Gauge ammo transforms the most basic police shotgun into a precision shooting tool. Federal Power Shok Buckshot features Federal's FLITECONTROL wad system that ensures tight uniform patters designed to perform reliably every time without expensive barrel alterations or aftermarket choke tubes. Federal Ammunition is loaded right here in the United States at Federal's Anoka, MN facility which features state of the art machinery to ensure consistency and reliability. This exclusive shotshell system delivers the tightest buckshot patterns available in order to provide better accuracy for law enforcement agencies. Tactical Buckshot also features a FLITECONTROL wad and copper plated shot and recoil reduction that all work in combination to deliver the most dependable and predictable pattern performance available. This Tactical 12 Gauge Buckshot ammo is packaged in boxes of 5 rounds or cases of 250. Order a case of bulk Federal Law Enforcement ammo and receive free shipping.

Federal Power Shok Buckshot features Federal's FLITECONTROL wad system that ensures tight uniform patters designed to perform reliably every time without expensive barrel alterations or aftermarket choke tubes.

Federal Power Shok buckshot is ideally suited for deer hunting or personal defense.

This Federal LE 12 Gauge ammo transforms the most basic police shotgun into a precision shooting tool.

Last edited:
Sounds like a deal to me! One extra pellet for free and it has a chance of hitting your target.
That's not what I meant though. A "flyer" can de dangerous in certain circumstances by not patterning tightly with the other 8.

Free? Yes.
Good? Maybe...

Here is a photo of an open 8-pellet. Note the copper-plating which helps keep the buckshot from deforming.

1625189956834.png

It also has a buffer in the shell (small white grains) to help keep the payload from shifting during ignition and a little bit of the first couple of feet after leaving barrel.

Lastly, "Medium Brass" shells which provide a better stiffness of construction (than low brass) when the shells are extracted/ejected.

Here's a 9-pellet with a different wad and buffer, and high brass...

1625190038509.png

Every time.

If I stop at cabelas, and see a crowd by the ammo case, the only thing I hear are dolphin noises now.
After regular visits through all of this, I stopped checking Cabelas more for pricing reasons than availability. A couple months ago I got brass 9mm there for ~35cpr. Since then they seem to have gone against trend and raised their prices. .75/rd .223 and the like.

After regular visits through all of this, I stopped checking Cabelas more for pricing reasons than availability. A couple months ago I got brass 9mm there for ~35cpr. Since then they seem to have gone against trend and raised their prices. .75/rd .223 and the like.
to be fair they also were the last to raise prices, I was buying ammo there at precovid prices for half of 2020. Large corporation's are just slow, so now they are slow to lower their prices.

Back
Top Bottom