• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Most 9mm at 115gr is at 60cpr on TSUSA. Could this be a standard price now for that criteria of the ammo?
it's 55cpr for prime members, but yea 50-60cpr seems to be the going rate for regular 9mm right now at places that aren't gouging people badly. Larry P is at 70cpr but they have been dropping prices on some stuff if it stays in stock too long. People just need to stop panic buying. Right now the name of the game is only buy what you need to maintain current stock and cover training and enough practice to stay proficient. Anyone trying to add to to their surplus or stockpile right now is probably buying at the wrong time, I think supply is gonna catch up here soon and prices will probably come down to the $17.99-19.99/box range before too long. Big question is how much lower will it go. I doubt we'll ever get back to $7.99/box again.

it's 55cpr for prime members, but yea 50-60cpr seems to be the going rate for regular 9mm right now at places that aren't gouging people badly. Larry P is at 70cpr but they have been dropping prices on some stuff if it stays in stock too long. People just need to stop panic buying. Right now the name of the game is only buy what you need to maintain current stock and cover training and enough practice to stay proficient. Anyone trying to add to to their surplus or stockpile right now is probably buying at the wrong time, I think supply is gonna catch up here soon and prices will probably come down to the $17.99-19.99/box range before too long. Big question is how much lower will it go. I doubt we'll ever get back to $7.99/box again.

Problem with only buying what you need now to try and establish normal prices is this.

If I have been buying ammo in the past 8 months I would definitely buy more at a cheaper price to make my overall cost for the ammo less. When mk262 gets back to (If ever) $1.00-$1.10 a round, I am going to buy more because I get sick every time I think about how much I panic paid for it a month ago.

I was on a business trip in Maine yesterday and on the way home I stopped by Top Gun in Poland, I think. An hour of range time in the middle of the work day don’t-mind-if-I-do.

Anyways, guy behind the counter says he is selling target 9mm at $45 a box and it sells all day long at that price. Just takes a week to disappear rather than 1 day. I asked him how he slept at night and he told me on his back, but sometimes on his side. My point in all this is as long as LGSs are successfully selling for that much I thinks it’s going to take a long time to see any relief.

There's a whole new group of firearms owners that never saw $9 or $10 a box 9MM. They don't know that it sucks to pay $$$ $45 a box. They just know they don't have it, and they want it. Simple economics at play.

Honestly... I'm new to this but I still hate paying this much for ammo. I just buy what I need and some for the reserves. But I sure as shit not paying 45 for a box.... I stop at 27/box of 50 right now. I'm going through 200rds at the range everytime I go so I just had to cut back on my range time.

It's just so damned fun...

Honestly... I'm new to this but I still hate paying this much for ammo. I just buy what I need and some for the reserves. But I sure as shit not paying 45 for a box.... I stop at 27/box of 50 right now. I'm going through 200rds at the range everytime I go so I just had to cut back on my range time.

It's just so damned fun...
Take that 200rds and take a $75.00 3hr pistol skill builder class with Onsight, it'll go to much better use. Pistol practice sessions for me right now are one 50rd box per week, but it takes me at least 1.5-2hrs to shoot that 50rds, I go every week with a specific course of fire and a specific goal in mind. 50 rds is all you need to stay proficient. One week I'll do (10) 5rd speed drills, next week I'll do (10) 5rd accuracy drills from 15 yds, week after that from 25 yds, week after that I'll do dot torture, etc. If I want to plink I just shoot .22.

Minor sidebar-

If anyone grabbed this stuff from F&D and has yet to try it, it is stout! More recoil than the Winchester SuperX, 00 and 1oz. slugs I had with me.
I was expecting run of the mill, foreign #4 buck. I was sorely mistaken (pun intended). I didn’t read the box, ‘cuz who can read anyway?
Great pattern out of my 590 as well, would buy again if it came up.

FD165488-5085-4AF4-9E3C-5D7AFCF9AA20.jpeg

Minor sidebar-

If anyone grabbed this stuff from F&D and has yet to try it, it is stout! More recoil than the Winchester SuperX, 00 and 1oz. slugs I had with me.
I was expecting run of the mill, foreign #4 buck. I was sorely mistaken (pun intended). I didn’t read the box, ‘cuz who can read anyway?
Great pattern out of my 590 as well, would buy again if it came up.

View attachment 472350
probably has to do with half of the gun powder being on the side and front of the wad, they must be stuffed to the max dram and then some lol I bought some, haven't shot it yet though, gonna use it in a class.

Just saw Winchester 525 box of 22 sold out at $94.50 a box! Yikes!
Yea I bought a lifetime supply while getting was good, learned my lesson during the great obama era .22 shortage lol but even at that price it's still cheaper than 9mm
Grabbed a box and it was here the next day, Prime membership with tax was $93.72 or $0.18/rd. I don't own a .22LR yet but plan to.
If you can/will ship to a free state UPS store. SG has CCI AR Tactical 22 for just over 10 cpr plus shipping

EDIT: GONE. Damn that didn't last

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom