Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Logged on and THE GREEN CHECK SAYS THAT THEY HAVE 5.56 IN STOCK !!!!! Go to the page and it's $1.38 a round heavy match. :mad:

Capture.PNG

Logged on and THE GREEN CHECK SAYS THAT THEY HAVE 5.56 IN STOCK !!!!! Go to the page and it's $1.38 a round heavy match. :mad:

View attachment 433005

I can make that for <$.25/rd

Maybe I AM a saving money reloading :)

24gr Varget behind a 75-80gr HPBT match pill loaded to magazine length and you’re good out to at least 600yds!

For the 20rd boxes of wolf, do most people store them in the boxes or open and dump into something else?

For the 20rd boxes of wolf, do most people store them in the boxes or open and dump into something else?

the preferred method is actually to dump them into ziplock containers 100 or 200 per bag and then post them for double what you paid in the NES classifieds with no real wish to sell them....or so I’m told

78D737B1-4C53-4E0F-BDEC-1846DCDF4421.jpeg

I keep a room with about 40-50% humidity and between 68-72 degrees. I also have my guitars in there so it’s the perfect climate for keeping things fresh. All my ammo stays in boxes.

I keep a room with about 40-50% humidity and between 68-72 degrees. I also have my guitars in there so it’s the perfect climate for keeping things fresh. All my ammo stays in boxes.

Thats almost exactly how my room is, guitar included.

I was putting the boxes into a cabelas can and couldn't decide if I should just dump them for easier access. I'm nearing the first world problem of having more ammo than containers

Thats almost exactly how my room is, guitar included.

I was putting the boxes into a cabelas can and couldn't decide if I should just dump them for easier access. I'm nearing the first world problem of having more ammo than containers
That a problem for the first world problem thread 😉

the preferred method is actually to dump them into ziplock containers 100 or 200 per bag and then post them for double what you paid in the NES classifieds with no real wish to sell them....or so I’m told

View attachment 433193

Can you do dime bags for those who can't afford 100 bags?

We are reminded that ammunition, propellants, powders and primers
“shall be stored in original containers and such containers shall be stored in a locked cabinet, closet or box when not in use”.

[rofl2]

We are reminded that ammunition, propellants, powders and primers
“shall be stored in original containers and such containers shall be stored in a locked cabinet, closet or box when not in use”.

[rofl2]
Good thing I left them in the boxes then [smile]

I just received a very expensive ammo order from potter field.

What I got was the case of ammo with a label slapped on it and 2 pieces of tape holding the flaps down. I am genuinely surprised that nothing was taken, or fell out. After it's long trip and handling through many hands, the box was barely together. I guess I am fortunate that nothing as stolen or fell out, but still...

Is this how they usually ship cases of ammo, in the factory box without an outer box ?

Probably not going to be buying ammo off of them ever again, don't want to take the chance of the headache of filing a claim.

I only ever ordered accessories and never had any problems, due to their high costs on ammo never bothered so this was my first ammo order.

@Greg
You can select the discrete over-box option at check out.

Usually works great, but I've had items move around in there like the box was a dead-blow hammer...

Last edited:
@Greg
You can select the discrete over-box option at check out.

Usually works great, but I've had items move around in there like the box was a dead-blow hammer...
Shit, I never noticed that, thanks. And ya, if they dont put any bubble wrap around the box could spell disaster for your order.

View attachment 433193
51z4aGfBc1L.jpg

I got to Cabela’s in Hudson around 3 this afternoon. They had 9mm, .357 .44 and some other calibers behind the counter. The two guys in front of me in line scooped up the last of the 9 right before my eyes.

This was after getting to the Mill just after the folks who have the thing that I want closed up shop for the afternoon. Some days you’re just a half step too slow.

I left work early today and scored 300rds of Herters .223 at 47cpr. Only one pack left.

its less than I paid per round for a few cases from TPUSA in the summer. Cabela’s is a veritable gauntlet of fudds, but I feel better shooting when it does t cost me 75cpr to replace.

I was also at Cabelas today. There was no 9mm or .223 :(. Bass pro still had a lot of 450 bushmaster, and a ton of 6mm creedmore

They had 9mm, .357 .44 and some other calibers behind the counter.
When you say "behind the counter" do you mean in a visible location, or do you have to ask the counter guy what he has and how much can you buy?

Also, does 'tipping' help...?

When you say "behind the counter" do you mean in a visible location, or do you have to ask the counter guy what he has and how much can you buy?

Also, does 'tipping' help...?
It’s behind the (circular) optics counter on top of a table. It’s marked by price and purchase.

I don’t know Gunstore Gary’s tipping policy.

Back
Top Bottom