• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

9mm seems to have lasted from when I checked at 6:30pm last night to now at 9:30am the next morning. Does that indicate that 60 cents is simply too high even in a pandemic? I mean, everything is too high, but people have been willing to buy regardless, but I think we're seeing the upper limit of what people are willing to spend now.

Is this "Rio" stuff any good? I thought that was like low end stuff. A buck 30 per round? No thank you.
RIO #4 Buck shoots/groups great in my Mossy's and 870s. Not my first choice... but far from my last.
I did like RIO even more when it was sooooo much cheaper. Quality is on par with Wolf shotshells...

Last edited:
UPS says they delivered my 12ga slugs...but I didn't get them. Hopefully they went to a neighbors house, I was at my door 2 minutes after tracking said it arrived
If it was very late in the day, I've had them claim "Delivered" only to receive them the following day. They are trying to fake their metric on delivered shipments...

Last edited:
If it was very late in the day, I've had them claimed "Delivered" only to receive them the following day. They are trying to fake their metric on delivered shipments...

It showed up a few minutes ago on the front step unopened and damp. Still not sure but I'm happy either way

UPS says they delivered my 12ga slugs...but I didn't get them. Hopefully they went to a neighbors house, I was at my door 2 minutes after tracking said it arrived
If it was very late in the day, I've had them claim "Delivered" only to receive them the following day. They are trying to fake their metric on delivered shipments...
f***ers. f***ing liars!

As of 7:30-

Supply and demand. Economics 101

Yeah, I was on the supply and demand train long ago. Ammo has shown to have a relatively low price elasticity of demand so raising the price only makes sense because it’s selling out regardless. With that said, actively lying to customers about the availability of products, to then sell them to someone else and have that competitor resell said products at a large markup to other retailers isn’t supply and demand, it’s a supply chain monopoly.

It may be capitalism at its finest, but it goes against free market competition with regards to restricted access. It’s not supply and demand when the supply is selectively filtered to only a few specific vendors. They’re not taking part in supply and demand (micro)economics, they’re effectively raising the barrier to entry for reselling ammunition.

THIS!

Yeah, I was on the supply and demand train long ago. Ammo has shown to have a relatively low price elasticity of demand so raising the price only makes sense because it’s selling out regardless. With that said, actively lying to customers about the availability of products, to then sell them to someone else and have that competitor resell said products at a large markup to other retailers isn’t supply and demand, it’s a supply chain monopoly.

It may be capitalism at its finest, but it goes against free market competition with regards to restricted access. It’s not supply and demand when the supply is selectively filtered to only a few specific vendors. They’re not taking part in supply and demand (micro)economics, they’re effectively raising the barrier to entry for reselling ammunition.

I guess it kind of fits here as it’s not worth it’s own thread.

I ‘bought’ some Hornady SST 12Ga from LG Outdoors through Gunbroker (turns out LG also have their own website). I ‘bought’ two weekends ago, sent the USPS MO last Monday, and today they cancelled and are refunding ‘as they don’t have any left’. I bought it on GB, did everything with checkout - and they still had it up on the site as of a couple days ago. They never allocated the ammo, just hoped it would be there when they sent the pull slip I guess.

Pretty sleazy - won’t use LG Outdoors again. Hoping a complete refund shows up and will leave GB feedback when it does.

Back
Top Bottom