• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

God damn. I honestly feel bad for new shooters. This is insane. I think I’d probably get a 22 instead with these prices. Or maybe get a 40 or 45 as that ammo is significantly cheaper.
10mm was perfect at the beginning of all this. Now it’s a bit harder to stomach the prices along with everything else.
Ya its not cheap but at about 50 cents a round, 9mm, .45, or 10mm then 10mm is the best bang for the buck.

I shoot a lot of .45ACP and 10mm and they’re both hovering near $0.70/round on some sites! I reload .45ACP but am still looking for 10mm dies, but damn that’s a lot for those calibers.

Also, 9mm has been absolutely crazy for a while now. I do feel for the new people getting into the sport and buy a 9mm gun because they’re conditioned to think it’s always available!

Good question. Ideally range ammo for obvious reasons I had some defense ammo come with the gun but eventually I want to move to defense rounds
Gotcha. Looks like Federal has some of their 44 mag ammo in stock on their website but I don't think they ship to us peons after I added ammo to my cart. You'd have to talk to them and see if they'll ship with a copy of LTC on file? Free shipping on $149 orders. Or ship to someone in a free state.
And good lord is it expensive lol.

Gotcha. Looks like Federal has some of their 44 mag ammo in stock on their website but I don't think they ship to us peons after I added ammo to my cart. You'd have to talk to them and see if they'll ship with a copy of LTC on file? Free shipping on $149 orders. Or ship to someone in a free state.
And good lord is it expensive lol.
Wow! Well the good news is that my expectations were managed and I figured ammo in this caliber would be around $1 per round, based on 0 experience but buckshot has been around a dollar per shell and those are kind of around the same “tolerance” threshhold I would shoot at the range, 50 shells of buckshot are the most I’ve run at one time (all mid-pandemic) and I would probably run 50-100 rounds through the Deagle in one range trip.

I’ll keep my eyes out. Weren’t you planning to reload this?? Excellent caliber to reload. The savings add up real fast.

I reloaded a bunch of .44 mag. Now I like my ammo hot. So I went towards the upper ranges of powder weight.

Damn the stuff I made has a kick! HeeHaw!!!

Wow! Well the good news is that my expectations were managed and I figured ammo in this caliber would be around $1 per round, based on 0 experience but buckshot has been around a dollar per shell and those are kind of around the same “tolerance” threshhold I would shoot at the range, 50 shells of buckshot are the most I’ve run at one time (all mid-pandemic) and I would probably run 50-100 rounds through the Deagle in one range trip.
I messaged northeast arms in Peabody and they have 2 boxes of hollow point 44 mag left. Just thought I’d mention it if you live nearby.

I want to shoot a DE so bad. I’ve hemmed and hawed about getting one in 44 mag but haven’t pulled the trigger.

Costs me around $12 to reload 50 rounds of 44 mag. Talk about a huge savings. If you have the components I’d just load them up! But that’s just me. To each their own.
If you need any large pistol primers or a pound of H110 to load 44 mag, let me know.

I messaged northeast arms in Peabody and they have 2 boxes of hollow point 44 mag left. Just thought I’d mention it if you live nearby.

I want to shoot a DE so bad. I’ve hemmed and hawed about getting one in 44 mag but haven’t pulled the trigger.

Andrew1220, I have one in both .44 and .50AE. If you're down around metrowest glad to share.

:)

Costs me around $12 to reload 50 rounds of 44 mag. Talk about a huge savings. If you have the components I’d just load them up! But that’s just me. To each their own.
If you need any large pistol primers or a pound of H110 to load 44 mag, let me know.
I’ve got the PP, no powder atm. Peabody is a troop from me but I’ll be loading 44 Mag soon just need some factory rounds for this weekend I’m hoping to find them in NH.

I’ve got the PP, no powder atm. Peabody is a troop from me but I’ll be loading 44 Mag soon just need some factory rounds for this weekend I’m hoping to find them in NH.

Hunters trading post in weymouth has some They have a sign saying it was out but there were 6 boxes of fmj and a bunch of hollow points today(as of 1030am anyways) Ouch though, it makes me shooting .357sig seem value based.

Hunters trading post in weymouth has some They have a sign saying it was out but there were 6 boxes of fmj and a bunch of hollow points today(as of 1030am anyways) Ouch though, it makes me shooting .357sig seem value based.
Well now that you put it that way, that’s only 30 min from me. I need to head over there tomorrow after work.

I've unsubscribed from all TSUSA emails telling me when stuff comes back in stock. What's the point of clicking link 10 seconds after email is received and receiving an out of stock notification?

I feel like Charlie Brown with the football. Literally inside a minute of getting the email and it is already gone. Clearly there is a delay in the email somewhere or it never existed, either way, I still get the notices but have largely given up checking on them.

So, does Walmart still sell ammo ? I was under the impression they were out cuz ammo is evil but based on posts here seems like they still sell some things ?

Lots of making ammo, not a lot of buying ammo....but i wouldn't mind increasing my 22 plinking stash.

Back
Top Bottom