Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Wow. I've been compulsively buying for a few years now. Budgeted a set amount each month for ammo purchases. Had built up a good stash so I've been sitting on my hands since prices started to rise at the beginning of covid.

Anyway, thought I may as well take a look at what's available and maybe pick up something if it could be had at non-stratospheric prices. So I was just scrolling through my order history at TS going all the way back to 2018 and not a single thing that I've purchased in the last 2 years is even in stock (aside from self defense ammo that I was buying at 50% off every month).

33 cases and going.. of 9mm 115 grain target ammo - Winchester value packs. They have 100's and 200's available.

edit to add - just checked the 200 packs and they have 99+ on those.. so, no rush at all folks.
Damn 30 cents per round plus tax for WWB?..damn I didn’t realize how crazy the 9mm prices were getting.

Shit you can buy cases of Federal syntec 150 gr 9mm ammo for $266 per 1k shipped (using $15 off coupon) from another vendor. Match ammo at a cheaper price. But I digress.

i needed 7.62x39 so after reading mikes posts earlier, i wanted to order a couple cases just to have. i load my cart with a 2 cases of wolf. in the time it took for me to upload my current ltc, they sold the stuff right out of my cart to someone else. gone, sold out, not today pal. but i did get tulammo. really makes no difference, they all bang bang shoot shoot.

Not sure if serious, I bet it won't last an hour.

Nope, but I'm sure any regulars in need would just snap that up first word considering how barren they have been lately. I got lucky with some reasonably priced steel cased 223 on a random check the other day.. went back about a half hour after and stock was out again.

I remember a couple months ago I persistently refreshed the 9mm page and saw RAS 9mm cases for $150. Just to see how fast it would sell out, I refreshed the listing at 99+ cases. Within seconds, it kept declining to 70 cases, then 30 cases, then.... I just added 2 to the cart and mashed the order button as fast as I could. Never seen 9mm that cheap ever since.

Now we're into the freakin July and TAS is still out of mostly everything. I'm not sure what the problem is at this point. Are factories not producing because of laying off work staff? This has been going on for about 5 months now.

I remember a couple months ago I persistently refreshed the 9mm page and saw RAS 9mm cases for $150. Just to see how fast it would sell out, I refreshed the listing at 99+ cases. Within seconds, it kept declining to 70 cases, then 30 cases, then.... I just added 2 to the cart and mashed the order button as fast as I could. Never seen 9mm that cheap ever since.

Now we're into the freakin July and TAS is still out of mostly everything. I'm not sure what the problem is at this point. Are factories not producing because of laying off work staff? This has been going on for about 5 months now.
I’m a bit confused as well. I know that people are buying a lot more but a lot of these products just aren’t coming back into stock. Is it that companies are making more of the Gucci stuff to maximize profits since they know people are more likely to buy right now regardless of price?

Demand is off the wall.... if it weren't for the riots I would expect some kind of recovery by now, but the riots have brought out a whole new band of panic people.... think about it like this- just take an obamascare and double it. Absent a serious economic crash I don't see this abating anytime soon. If Trump gets re-elected you might see some relief over the winter.... actually with regards to production capacity if it wasn't for the past like two or three Obama scares and also Walmart dunking out of the ammo business things would be a lot worse than they are right now like a lot worse like shops rationing 9 mm only two people who are buying guns and shit like that... if it reaches that phase which, if it's going to happen will be in the next week or two.... I think because of the extra capacity and all of that there might be some recovery but it all depends on when people stop spending money. The coronavirus it isn't helping because if that shit was gone then people would be blowing their money on summer vacations and stuff like that.... and that's just not happening..... Idle Hands are spending time at the genitals... which means that more people are going to be buying shit if they're otherwise cooped up at home......

Demand is off the wall.... if it weren't for the riots I would expect some kind of recovery by now, but the riots have brought out a whole new band of panic people....
Yep. The only thing that could top this is:

~EBT System failure lasting 3 weeks or more.
~Super Volcano under Yellowstone going off.

Or,

~ First Contact from Aggressive E.T.s... [rofl2]

1593227204273.png

Yep. Pain in the balls, but I shoot a lot of buck and slug and have a different opinion...

My #1 00-Buck round, hands down is the Federal LE 133 00 w/ Flight Control wad. When you can find it, try it. And you'll know why...

View attachment 368336

Or, 9 pellet LE 132 00

View attachment 368337
Showed this to the wife, she promptly looked at me like I was retarded. Apparently that is what she buys for her shotgun, then I had to listen to her bitch about it not being in stock. I had no idea she occasionally bought her own ammo.

The coronavirus it isn't helping because if that shit was gone then people would be blowing their money on summer vacations and stuff like that.... and that's just not happening..... Idle Hands are spending time at the genitals... which means that more people are going to be buying shit if they're otherwise cooped up at home......
Wait, I don't think we're on the same page here. Summer vacation mode is in full swing. We were trying to book camping sites at Nickerson, and before the lady could hit the button, they were booked out from under us. Everybody is in FULL vacation mode, and as far as I can tell, the masks are still around, but very secondary. Gloves are right out (meaning over).

Yep. The only thing that could top this is:

~EBT System failure lasting 3 weeks or more.
Yeah, if by "top this", you mean make it 100000% worse.

Now you gotta wonder if she's buying her own guns too...
Or has another man. ;-)

Showed this to the wife, she promptly looked at me like I was retarded. Apparently that is what she buys for her shotgun, then I had to listen to her bitch about it not being in stock. I had no idea she occasionally bought her own ammo.

Would you rather it be that or sneakily buying shoes/purses/etc. behind your back?

Would you rather it be that or sneakily buying shoes/purses/etc. behind your back?
I wish she would buy some things behind my back. She was showing me a pocketbook she bought the other day, I felt obligated to show interest. I have to be careful, I know she peruses nes occasionally.

I don't know if anyone else received the "Prime Ammo" mystery gift. I have to say this is one of the better free things I've ever received for just being a member. Target sports metal ammo can, 40 rounds of 5.56, a mag pouch and some stickers. 👍

I'm starting to think 300AAC is never coming back in stock again in decent quantities, at least not before the election. Components seem to be thin, but still available out there so maybe it's time to learn to reload...

Try 16 Gauge [rofl2] although I’m pretty well stocked (a case of each of what I need) except buckshot.

If you are in the market (and free state shippable) they have Pmag30’s in stock. Grab them now - they are out of stock most places and with what is going on now, I’d make sure I had at least 10 per rifle.

Does anyone know if the Rio 9 pellet 12 gauge 00 buck 250 shell case ever gets restocked? It’s objectively one of the best deals but a question and answer on the comments suggests it wasn’t being stocked in January and TSUSA had no plans to restock then. Should I be setting notifications for another brand instead?

I'm starting to think 300AAC is never coming back in stock again in decent quantities, at least not before the election. Components seem to be thin, but still available out there so maybe it's time to learn to reload...
Components for rifle calibers are fairly easy to get but finding pistol primers is extremely tough at the moment. I always tell people they should reload so they're not limited by what vendors and gun shops have in stock. But getting into reloading now (mainly for pistol calibers) will be tough due to the primer shortage.

Does anyone know if the Rio 9 pellet 12 gauge 00 buck 250 shell case ever gets restocked? It’s objectively one of the best deals but a question and answer on the comments suggests it wasn’t being stocked in January and TSUSA had no plans to restock then. Should I be setting notifications for another brand instead?
Not in a loooong while...
Good ammo.
Reminds me of Wolf 00Buck...

Sells out fast Hoarders are cheap'os.

Not in a loooong while...
Good ammo.
Reminds me of Wolf 00Buck...

Sells out fast Hoarders are cheap'os.
Thanks for looking out partner, I put two notifications on different Wolf 00 buck when I looked back and saw your post I will definitely be on the lookout to swoop that up via quick checkout... :p

Woolf is way more available than the RIO in buck or slug. RIO in bird or skeet/trap loads can come up regularly...
Any time.

My nephew is dying for some to go play with his can that just got out of jail. I have no idea why he wasn't stocking up before this crap.
I just ordered 500 rounds of 38 Super but the pickings were slim. I didn't want to risk 1000 if the gun build doesn't like it.

Man...can't sleep on offerings these days. Target had Fiochi 9mm 115 grain today for $0.24 cents. Said they had fifty 1,000 round cases in stock. While I still have the good part of a case left in my safe, I was kind of storing that for long term. Thought about buying some "now" ammo to have some fun the next couple weekends. Mulled the idea about for an hour and when I decided to buy, all 50 cases were gone. I'm an idiot for waiting.

Man...can't sleep on offerings these days. Target had Fiochi 9mm 115 grain today for $0.24 cents. Said they had fifty 1,000 round cases in stock. While I still have the good part of a case left in my safe, I was kind of storing that for long term. Thought about buying some "now" ammo to have some fun the next couple weekends. Mulled the idea about for an hour and when I decided to buy, all 50 cases were gone. I'm an idiot for waiting.
[slap]

Just ordered 2 boxes of 7.7 Jap.

Got a notification they were in. Had 95 not long after went to 68 boxes. Now 52. Even the odd ball stuff is moving.

Might as well.

Back
Top Bottom