• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Scoring App....any experience?

Using TargetScan for B2 and B3 targets

I was planning on using it for Gallery Pistol - B2, B3, and those are supported.
I created the App originally for Air Pistol and Air Rifle to recognise .177 shot holes and it does it pretty well. Support of NRA cards has been added recently, so I haven't got proper feedback really. Currently you should be able to use the App also for .45 ACP, 9mm and next week .32 S&W will be added.

If you want to give it a go simply redeem this promotional code: K3R7LW6K6HYN from the App Store. Let me know if something needs to be improved I will keep working on this App and obviously would love to make it a useful piece of kit.

interesting, I would like to try it. I got suckered into the CMP app and found it to be too much data entry. Waisted like 5 bucks on it and only used it once at a NRA match.

Last edited:
I created the App originally for Air Pistol and Air Rifle to recognise .177 shot holes and it does it pretty well. Support of NRA cards has been added recently, so I haven't got proper feedback really. Currently you should be able to use the App also for .45 ACP, 9mm and next week .32 S&W will be added.

If you want to give it a go simply redeem this promotional code: K3R7LW6K6HYN from the App Store. Let me know if something needs to be improved I will keep working on this App and obviously would love to make it a useful piece of kit.

sweet.

Reps inbound.

I'll field test it tomorrow, and get back to you.

This looks like the app I picked up a while ago. There were two gotchas: 1) if you want to take advantage of the record keeping and analysis part, that is additional money. 2) getting the target backlit and positioned well for the app to read the target is not as easy as one might hope. I've never had it read the same score as human scorers - don't know if that's operator difficulty, running it on a iPhone 3s (lower resolution camera than all of the subsequent models), or the fault of the app. It seemed like a nice idea ...

After reviewing the demo, I don't this app will work well during actual matches. It would be great with practice but for 9 bucks I'd have a hard time paying and using it once.

I learned this lesson with the CMP app.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom