• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target practice ~ FBI style

Palladin

NES Member
FBI Sniper Charged In Shooting Death Of Local Family’s Pet Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 7, 2008—FBI agent Lovett Leslie Ledger, Jr., 39, of Lorena surrendered Friday morning to McLennan County authorities and was charged with animal cruelty in the shooting death of a Central Texas family’s pet dog.

The complaint stems from a McLennan County Sheriff’s Office investigation of the dog’s death on Feb. 29.

According to the arrest affidavit, Ledger told a witness that he shot the dog with a pump bb/pellet gun and said he, “must have pumped the gun up too much.”

The 3-to-4 pound Chihuahua was walking on Estes Road in front of its home when it was shot once.

It ran into the yard of one of Ledger’s neighbors, where it died.

Sources told News Ten Ledger is a sniper and a member of an FBI SWAT team.

The FBI in Austin earlier confirmed that an agent was under investigation, but didn’t identify the agent by name.

[rolleyes]

Those 3-to-4 pound Chihuahua's are extremely vicious, especially at sniper distances. In all seriousness though, my sympathy to the family for the loss of their pet.

Probably self defense, you know if one of those gets a hold of you they can break the skin.

The real question is, if guilty, how should he be punished?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Well,at least he didn't kill a woman holding a baby like at Ruby Ridge,so maybe there is hope for the Feds?

The dog "walking on Estes road..." is interesting to begin with - most dogs don't just take walks nowadays...and the story deterioates from there...

Jeez do you think that they'll let him keep his guns??
Imagine the fallout if that happened in MA?
Life sentence?

ok... this is sad.

1 - this is something you expect out of the 10 year old punk that lives down the street (generalizing), not a grown man... let alone a freaking member of law enforcement.

2 - wtf?

ok... this is sad.

1 - this is something you expect out of the 10 year old punk that lives down the street (generalizing), not a grown man... let alone a freaking member of law enforcement.

2 - wtf?

3 - Why, WHY would you ADMIT this to anyone, let alone own up to it.. They can't track BB guns! He should have just hid the gun, and played stupid... [devil2]

3 - Why, WHY would you ADMIT this to anyone, let alone own up to it.. They can't track BB guns! He should have just hid the gun, and played stupid... [devil2]

we've already established he wasn't 'playing'.

If my kid did this he wouldn't see the light of day for a year..

FBI Sniper Charged In Shooting Death Of Local Family’s Pet Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 7, 2008—FBI agent Lovett Leslie Ledger, Jr., 39, of Lorena

The FBI in Austin earlier confirmed that an agent was under investigation, but didn’t identify the agent by name.

Lovett Leslie Ledger is a loser from Lorena. Laugh. No wonder he's pissed at the world. Should be pissed at his parents for using too many "L's". Whatever.

There is no honor.
We have forgotten the faces of our fathers (thank you Stephen King).
The more I hear about these alphabet "ninja" warriors, the more I see them as just frat boy Constitution burners with a badge and a gun.
God help us.
Rome is burning.

We're human. There will always be a**h***s in the world. You can escape it. Thank goodness it was just a dog this time.

Thank goodness it was just a dog this time.

Just a dog? Really? LEO's should be held to a higher moral and ethical standard than private citizens. It is a privilege. Just as serving in the military is. Our standards of conduct and expectation have sunk way too low. This man should be fired, brought up on cruelty charges, and held to the highest standard the intent of his state's laws provide. No less would be expected if he were a private citizen.

Ya, just a dog. As in, thank God it wasn't a human.
I never said that he shouldn't be held accountable. Go back and read where I said that he should be fired if true.

Ya, just a dog. As in, thank God it wasn't a human.
I never said that he shouldn't be held accountable. Go back and read where I said that he should be fired if true.

I thought you meant "just a dog" as in "just a dog." I didn't realize you meant "just a dog" as in "Thank God it was a dog and not a person." My bad [rolleyes]
Fired shouldn't be the completion of his accountability. Our's would certainly be greater.

Looks like the arfcom tradition of cops shooting innocent dogs is alive and well.

Seriously, what an a**h***.

Anyone hurting one of my pets is in for an ass kicking.

Back
Top Bottom