• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target and Hunting Restriction While Hunting.

One of my students asked this question and I was at a loss for words, so I told him I would try to find out. Perhaps I am over thinking this question but here goes:

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot use a handgun to hunt in Massachusetts. So can you still carry a handgun while actually hunting with an LTC-A restricted to Target and Hunting, and if so, would you carry it open or concealed.

I'm not a hunter or a lawyer, so i just don't know.

Can you actully have TWO guns on you while hunting? I heard no.

They might think that you are a terrorist or a gun nut on his way to shoot a room full of people. GASP!

You would have WAY too much fire power on you!

When I went hunting with my Dad a zillion years ago, he always had his side arm to finish off anything he shot that was still kicking so as to not ruin too much meat.

So yeah, what is the answer?

One of my students asked this question and I was at a loss for words, so I told him I would try to find out. Perhaps I am over thinking this question but here goes:

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot use a handgun to hunt in Massachusetts. So can you still carry a handgun while actually hunting with an LTC-A restricted to Target and Hunting, and if so, would you carry it open or concealed.

I'm not a hunter or a lawyer, so i just don't know.

besides the weird hunting laws in this state, wouldnt that also depend on what the licensing officer gave as a definition for the restriction?

So during a permissible period for a permissible prey, you could carry a handgun in a manner consistent with the purpose of hunting. In as much as concealing a handgun for the purpose of hunting would raise suspicions of a law enforcement officer as to the hunter's real intent,concealed carry is ill advised. Open carry in a manner consistent with the hunting purpose then, would be preferred and acceptable. As bostonasphalt points out, it is important to discuss with the licensing authority and/or qualified attorney prior to beginning this activity.

Does this make sense to everybody? Good advice

Back
Top Bottom