• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tapco polymer or standard issue GI mags?

FNG

I am shopping for some 10 round mag for my new sr556. I have found some standard issue GI mags for around $20 and Tapco's for $25. Whats the better deal?

I guess if you are planning on parking your truck on your mags, or doing burnouts on them you want magpul. If you just plan on shooting them, I like the metal GI mags.

I have GI issue pre-ban 30 round mags for my AR-15. Replaced the follower, spring and floor plate on each and haven't had any issues feeding. If I could purchase a 30 round magpul in this state I would, but I see no reason to have neutered 10-round polymer mags when I can own 30 round aluminum mags...

I am shopping for some 10 round mag for my new sr556. I have found some standard issue GI mags for around $20 and Tapco's for $25. Whats the better deal?

There are no 10 round "standard issue GI mags." Are you sure you're not thinking of the 20 round mags?

The picture shows unpainted metal mags with brown followers. Guess I wont know the quality until I get to hold one. 10 rounds for $20 each. Don't know if that's out of line with todays prices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom