Tapatalk

I understand that some people like this version due to it being the same as the desktop version cause everything is in the same place...but Tapatalk has 10 other forums I belong to in one place (except this one now)...they all behaved the same way...I didn’t have to constantly zoom to click tiny buttons...or go back and try to click again when I miss...reading and posting are easier...there aren’t ads all over each page...it was way easier to use and faster...and now that I don’t have access on my work computer I’m sure I won’t browse as much on my phone using a browser...this is the only forum out of 11+ that I’ve paid to become a member on cause I find the people the most helpful...but if my now main access is going have to be a mobile/desktop browser version that takes longer to get around on it will just limit my time on here due to the aggravation of trying to use it efficiently...but I guess it is what it is

Working on a better mobile solution Point37. Need some more time.

Thanks for the update and thanks for all the work you guys are doing...the desktop version is great on a real computer...you guys worked out the bugs quick...it just took a little getting used to at first but now it’s very easy to use

I'm probably in the minority, but I usually prefer the mobile web version of my forums. I like having the same look and feel between laptop and phone for the various (mostly car related) forums I frequent.

The new forum renders just fine on an iPhone. I don’t miss tapatalk at all.

Yeah... I don't quite understand all the love for TT with the new mobile site. Apparently I have smaller fingers and better eyes than the vocal majority here, however.

I didn't like TT much so didn't use it on my phone. A few weeks ago I forgot to bring my ipad w/ me so I opened NES website in Safari on my iPhone and it worked just fine, I created a bookmark and it auto logs me in too. I definitely prefer it to TT or having to use an app.

The Xenforo 2 upgrade will take care of mobile. No eta on the upgrade, probably this fall.

Will that upgrade include a forum app?...or just the mobile site?...this was the first site I paid for a membership...and now that it’s blocked by my workplace plus not really being on forums after work or on the weekends so now I never visit much cause it’s more inefficient for me to use the mobile site than tapatalk so I just visit other forums on tapatalk...probably won’t renew my memebership this year just due to that reason

Will that upgrade include a forum app?...or just the mobile site?...this was the first site I paid for a membership...and now that it’s blocked by my workplace plus not really being on forums after work or on the weekends so now I never visit much cause it’s more inefficient for me to use the mobile site than tapatalk so I just visit other forums on tapatalk...probably won’t renew my memebership this year just due to that reason
Look it up, Xenforo 2, it has a mobile skin. I can tell you right now there will never be tapatalk on this forum again. It's a Chinese run company and the application needs direct access to the DB, why so many forums continue to use it is beyond me.

I'm sorry I can't support tapatalk, it's simply not a good product and the security implications are far too serious to overlook.

Look it up, Xenforo 2, it has a mobile skin. I can tell you right now there will never be tapatalk on this forum again. It's a Chinese run company and the application needs direct access to the DB, why so many forums continue to use it is beyond me.

I'm sorry I can't support tapatalk, it's simply not a good product and the security implications are far too serious to overlook.

Is this the app you’re talking about?

Attachments

• C937828E-4B31-4923-A70D-5407BDC97714.png
    C937828E-4B31-4923-A70D-5407BDC97714.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom