Tapatalk for iPhone

Reliable. Yes, I tried the force quit clear cache. I always do that when I get odd behavior. It won't load more than one message at a time from before 10pm last night.

Before the server move you made some changes that impacted tapatalk. My old problem was that I could no longer mark a topic read and it would not load past the current cached portion of the message unless I quit and cleared. That got fixed. Now I have the YouTube URL problem, messages that are read coming back as not read when I reload more topics and now this won't show more than one unread message.

When I logged in this morning I got all the messages since last night fine, but once I read everything after 10pm last night I am back to one message at a time.

Same behavior on iPhone 4s, iPad 1 and iPad 2.

Got defend sHORTY here. From reading the response, sHORTY did not change anything and cause any problem.

There are many cause to the problem and server moving (vbulletin upgrade) might be just one of the cause.

Try capture the error via screenshot/snapshot using method as listed above. Post it. Also find the Tapatalk version running on your device. For all I know, I did upgrade Tapatalk on my iPhone not long ago. This might be a bug on the Tapatalk client.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

No need to defend shorty. He's not under attack.

There was some SW change before the move per discussions with Derek. Overall right before the server move things were noticeably better. I gave kudos through Derek to the team.

There are no screen captures that help to show a single message. The problem is reproducible. Happening now. Refresh shows only one old unread message. Each time I log on I can see newest fine but only one at a time before 10pm last night.

Tapatalk up to date. Always.

YouTube link error 100% reliable.

Again I have multiple iOS devices and they all behave the same. Have tried deleting and reinstalling tapatalk.

Taking a new device and installing tapatalk and connecting to NES as me shows the problem. I have done the test. Easy for the developers to reproduce for themselves.

Shorty, feel free to pm me if you want real time help reproducing issues.

Maybe it account related? Have you been naughty lately and put on banned camp? [laugh]

I'm running IOS 5 and Tapatalk v 1.12.2 on iphone 4 and haven't seen the problem as decribed. I haven't check YouTube link. I do see some bugs on Tapatalk, but not enough to cause panic. Post your Tapatalk setting. That will help.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Maybe it account related? Have you been naughty lately and put on banned camp? [laugh]

I'm running IOS 5 and Tapatalk v 1.12.2 on iphone 4 and haven't seen the problem as decribed. I haven't check YouTube link. I do see some bugs on Tapatalk, but not enough to cause panic. Post your Tapatalk setting. That will help.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

latest latest latest. 1.12.2 tapatalk. ios 5.0.0 and ios 5.0.1. iphone 4 iphone 4s ipad 1 ipad 2. repeatable repeatable repeatable

If I log into website its all the items below the "
The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."
are the ones that show up only one at a time. Above that works fine, the ones below that line show the behavior.

no, I am not banned.

I am "glad" someone else is reporting the same issue (CdP)

China, try the youtube link below. If the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn3KCSm3ui4&feature=g-all-u&context=G2d5a327FAAAAAAAAAAA then what happens with taplatalk is it goes to Safari (not the youtube app), and the link is youtube;zn3KCSm3ui4. That is, youtube with a ";" after it and then the content of the url after the v= showing up next. Its pretty funny. This showed up not specifically on the server move, but on the SW upgrade that occurred shortly before that move.

latest latest latest. 1.12.2 tapatalk. ios 5.0.0 and ios 5.0.1. iphone 4 iphone 4s ipad 1 ipad 2. repeatable repeatable repeatable

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."
are the ones that show up only one at a time. Above that works fine, the ones below that line show the behavior.

no, I am not banned.

China, try the youtube link below. If the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn3KCSm3ui4&feature=g-all-u&context=G2d5a327FAAAAAAAAAAA then what happens with taplatalk is it goes to Safari (not the youtube app), and the link is youtube;zn3KCSm3ui4. That is, youtube with a ";" after it and then the content of the url after the v= showing up next. Its pretty funny. This showed up not specifically on the server move, but on the SW upgrade that occurred shortly before that move.

Just for double funny, my own youtube link works on tapatalk. If you go to post #1216 in the thread on "one hit wonders and..." and click that youtube link it causes the error. Some work, this one is an example that does not. Most do not. Repeatable when I pick the right links to show the error.

Your link works on my iphone. I have no problem watching "FPSRussia with the honey badger" again. [grin]

But, my YouTube link on post #54 on this thread will not work. I get an error on safari.

c6e4c30a-167c-a9fa.jpg

The problem seems to be on vbulletin as my YouTube video link is embedded, while Crackpot YouTube link is a URL embedded link.

The embedded video link is using flash. We all know how friendly with Apple vs Adobe. Hence, we have problem linking to YouTube video.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

That is the error I am sick of seeing. Malformed URL coming through that chokes.

BTW, you know we can't take you seriously if you keep calling your iphone 4 running iOS 5 an iphone 5 [rofl]

But, my YouTube link on post #54 on this thread will not work. I get an error on safari.

c6e4c30a-167c-a9fa.jpg

The problem seems to be on vbulletin as my YouTube video link is embedded, while Crackpot YouTube link is a URL embedded link.

The embedded video link is using flash. We all know how friendly with Apple vs Adobe. Hence, we have problem linking to YouTube video.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

That is the error I am sick of seeing. Malformed URL coming through that chokes.
BTW, you know we can't take you seriously if you keep calling your iphone 4 running iOS 5 an iphone 5 [rofl]

Yes sir. I live on jokes all day. Don't take me seriously as I do have iphone 5. Using iphone 5 advance capabilities, I was able to resolve the Adobe Flash problem. If you have an iphone 5, the problem will be resolved. Pshhh.... Apple + Adobe = Happy Family (coming soon on iphone 5).

Seeing the same post over and over when selecting "more" as well.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326400330.562749.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326400330.562749.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 12
Seeing the same post over and over when selecting "more" as well.

Can you post a screenshot of your tapatalk setting? I have seen this bug on my tapatalk, but it's not single post. I have about 30 new posts, but whenever I try to get more recent post (pull up to load more), it's getting the same 30 post again and again.

The problem seems to be on the Tapatalk client. If you refresh tapatalk by "pull down to refresh", the problem went away. Can you confirmed this?

no, I am not banned.

It is tracking to the "threads below his line...". I have 195 unread per website and 2:40pm today is the line where older, tapatalk is one at a time. Wherever it sets my last login mark causes the tapatalk problem.

They are synced. Old stuff one at a time in tapatalk.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326408911.651603.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326408911.651603.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326408920.604209.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326408920.604209.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
18da1b04-8b4c-741e.jpg

I am getting a similar error when i pull down to load older posts from the "latest" page it only reloads the recent posts from the top and doesnt add any older ones. This has been happening ever since the outtage last week. I've tried restarting ipad, clearing tapatalk cache and restarting the app and nothing helps. I dont get this error on other tapatalk forums that i read so i think it has to be something specific to NES.

18da1b04-8b4c-741e.jpg

I am getting a similar error when i pull down to load older posts from the "latest" page it only reloads the recent posts from the top and doesnt add any older ones. This has been happening ever since the outtage last week. I've tried restarting ipad, clearing tapatalk cache and restarting the app and nothing helps. I dont get this error on other tapatalk forums that i read so i think it has to be something specific to NES.

Unique to NES. I have tried from multiple devices and the problem tracks. Other forums work fine.

Old messages one at a time
Bad URL parsing both YouTube and others

Go back two weeks before the server move and these all worked fine.

Any update? Anything old and unread goes into one message at a time on tapatalk still. If I sit down to read, either read them all or what I don't get to is too painful to read...

Will get on this with their developers tonight, just got back into reality here.

I think we got this fixed - I can't reproduce it on my iPhone anymore.

Anyone able to confirm for me?

I just sent you a PM. The one old message at a time problem is fixed. Great job!!

I have not checked on the YouTube and other URL linking being broken yet. Did you fix a problem there too?

I just sent you a PM. The one old message at a time problem is fixed. Great job!!

I have not checked on the YouTube and other URL linking being broken yet. Did you fix a problem there too?

Haven't worked on that one yet... I think there is a fix already posted by another user - I will take a look into that in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom