Tandemkross upgrades for sw22 victory

Hi all,

I recently got a victory 22. It’s a good gun but I am looking to upgrade the trigger and hammer to lighten the pull. Has anyone upgraded with the Tandemkross thunder hammer and/or the victory trigger? Worth’s the money and effort?

Thanks everyone

i am quite pleased with my victory 22 stock trigger so haven't bothered with any such upgrades. however I've installed many tandemkross upgrades mostly for the ruger MK3 line. Tandemkross makes excellent stuff. I am brand loyal to them. I wouldn't worry about quality when it comes to a Tandemkross trigger...you're likely to be pleased. they're also local in Weare NH so another reason to support them.

Thanks! I agree the stock trigger isn’t bad but I got this gun to try out precision bullseye and would like just a bit less pre travel and lighter pull especially for the speed round. Also didn’t know they were New England based will have to check out what else they offer for me

I love TANDEMKROSS for my Ruger Mark pistols and Kel-tec Sub-2000.
If you do buy from them (They are out of Weare, New Hampshire) you can get a one-time free shipping with this coupon code: SHIPFREE
It saves you $5.99

Squib nailed it. Didn't see his post.

~Matt

Tandemkross has an excellent track record so far as I've been able to tell. Never used their stuff personally, but I have checked out a couple upgrades from them just in case I get that overtime money coming in again.

Hey. 6 bucks is 6 bucks... amiright?

iu

I know. There's 7. Hey, you try and find an internet photo with exactly 6 bucks ... [rofl2]

Last edited:
I installed the Tandemkross race gun kit in my Victory. Trigger is about 2.8 pounds now with the stock hammer. The extended mag release helps with my tiny hands too. The Halo and the mag floorplate bumpers are a nice convenience but not totally necessary for me since I'm just plinking, but I gotta' say that shooting kinda fast and still being accurate is pretty fun. I just got a Vortex Venom (my first ever red dot) for it and it's mounted on the Victory plastic rail but I'm planning to get the TK shadow mount if I like the red dot.

FYI, I installed the trigger myself with the information on the TK site. Be aware that the online instructions are for the old trigger and you'll be getting the new trigger.

I "upgraded" my Victory last fall with TK parts with mixed results. I usually trust Volquartsen for my .22 upgrade needs but they had little for the Victory. TK seemed to be the only game in town at the time so I gave them a try.
Here are my thoughts based on mods to that one gun:
-The Hive grips I really liked. They fit well and give the gun a fuller gummier grip. I really didn't mind the factory grips, and a set of Talon Grip Tapeset would have made them even better but the Hive grips really changed the feel of he gun completely.
-The Trigger I don't care for (and pulling it out is on the "to do" list). It looks cool but it's performance is way over stated. Specificly, while it does drop the trigger pull weight a little, you'll only get a pull close to their specs if you test in the bottom 1/8"/tip of the shoe. ( Read: Impossable to do unless you have the fingers of a 2 year old..) When I contacted TK to see if I had a bad kit, they said that was how it was measured (and their YouTube video backs that up.) I also feel the trigger now feels less crisp. Lastly, the video instructions were actually missing a section to cover the addition of a trigger bar capture screw that was not in the origonal version.
-The Extended Mag release is also not very well designed. While the larger paddle is nice, it's actually too tall/extended . So much so that if you lay the gun down on it's left side, it ejects the mag. Being that it stuck out so much, I found it was easy to accidently engage it while shooting. I feel the design was not well thought out ( even if the fit and finish of the parts were good.) I ended up sanding 3/32" or so off the shaft to shorten it up a bit. It's better now but not perfect.
-I tried their origonal gamechanger comp (becasue I got a deal on one) and hated it. It spit gases everywhere (including into my face on occasion.) The two port Gamechanger Pro comp is a much better design.
Bottom line: I'm not real impressed with most of theTK offerings for the Victory so far. The S&W Victory I got actually had a decent trigger ,controls and grip as it came from the factory. I just got caught up in the "if somebody makes aftermarket parts, it must make the gun better" trap. I am also not impressed with TK as a company ( based on this one experience.) If I had to start again, I likely would have kept the pistol stock ( or at least wait for Volquartsen to come up with better tested designs.)
hth

Last edited:
Great write-up weehooker. Thanks,
~Matt

Same here, just picked up a Victory in March. So far so good…..except it started choking on the Blazer Lead Round nose ammo, so after some research I picked up recommended CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Copper Nose and those have been great so far! I read somewhere the gun prefers High Velocity. What other ammo is working well for you guys?

I’m not sure I need another trigger just yet

I’m pretty sure I’ll get a TK Halo & Hive Grips…..although these grips look worth checking out:
Custom 1911 Grips & More by BullseyeGrips

I’m also interested in a Red Dot……thinking a Vortex Venom or one of these for lower dough: Ade Advanced Optics Crusader 8 | Red Dot Sights | Ade Advanced Optic

Red Dot mounting question……would you recommend this mount?

https://outerimpact.com/shop/smith-wesson-victory-m-r-a-red-dot-mountadapter/

Same here, just picked up a Victory in March. So far so good…..except it started choking on the Blazer Lead Round nose ammo, so after some research I picked up recommended CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Copper Nose and those have been great so far! I read somewhere the gun prefers High Velocity. What other ammo is working well for you guys?

I’m not sure I need another trigger just yet

I’m pretty sure I’ll get a TK Halo & Hive Grips…..although these grips look worth checking out:
Custom 1911 Grips & More by BullseyeGrips

I’m also interested in a Red Dot……thinking a Vortex Venom or one of these for lower dough: Ade Advanced Optics Crusader 8 | Red Dot Sights | Ade Advanced Optic

Red Dot mounting question……would you recommend this mount?

https://outerimpact.com/shop/smith-wesson-victory-m-r-a-red-dot-mountadapter/

No experience with the Venom. I do have a Vortex Viper on my Victory PC . Both my Victories wear red dots now ( PC with supplied Viper and the other with a Bushnell TRS 25). Both are mounted on the factory rail. Both have their advantages and both seem to work fine for the range. Just make sure you locktite the mounting screws of your mount to the gun. These pistols tend to rattle things loose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom