• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tall Ships Security

I was there yesterday. I walked along the waterfront from the aquarium uninterrupted. There's a tall ship docked behind the hotel with the big arch, we waited in line for about an hour to get on but they were having some repair difficulties and stated it'd be longer so we left- there was no security observable to get aboard other than a guy with a rope. We continued out the other side of the hotel, swung a left by Hook Lobster, and saw our first resemblance of security out by the trade center Where El Galion is docked.

We walked through a security checkpoint where I was wanded (no upright detector) and someone half assedly poked through my camera bag with a stick. I kept setting the wand off because of the superfluous amounts of metal in my hands (camera bag clasps, keys out the wazoo, sunglasses, change, etc. Eventually I just got a proceed. I had to leave for a family emergency a short time later down by the Modern Art Museum and didn't continue farther, but I would say I saw about 60-70% of the ships without the need to actually go through any kind of security.

Walking around Berlin last week - my company booked a hotel for an event soon after the Berlin XMAS market terrorist attack and got good rates - and saw zero police presence. Nada. No cops. Anywhere.

But there were no large crowd gatherings, so soft targets were not optimal.

Tall Ships in BOS? Primo event to scare us sh*tless and give up any and all civil rights.

Not my preferred circumstances, but for MA and BOS, not as much 'nfringement as might have happened. Yeah, I work in Southie and drive/walk past it all.

Back
Top Bottom