Tall Ships Security

So my wife works on Lewis Wharf and I had to drive her in to work on Saturday as her lot was going to be closed or something.

When I picked her up from work, I noticed she had a red band on her purse that said "inspected". I asked her what that was and she said "the checkpoint" was right by her work so she had her bag searched.

WTF? 4A is suspended because some stupid old boats are in town? I asked her if they just swabbed it and stuck the swab in a machine or if they opened her bag and she said they opened it and quickly looked inside.

Guess what? the terrorists already ****ing won.

I laughed and she asked what I thought was funny. I said, well this is all just fake security theater to make stupid sheep feel safe. She asked how it's fake and I pointed out that if she was a terrorist with half a brain she'd have already made her bomb last night and left it in her workspace and then since her work is inside the "secure area" all she'd have to do is plop her bomb right back into her bag and go have a field day blowing up sheep.

Last edited:
So my wife works on Lewis Wharf and I had to drive her in to work on Saturday as her lot was going to be closed or something.

When I picked her up from work, I notices she had a red band on her purse that said "inspected". I asked her what that was and she said "the checkpoint" was right by her work so she had her bag searched.

WTF? 4A is suspended because some stupid old boats are in town? I asked her if they just swabbed it and stuck the swab in a machine or if they opened her bag and she said they opened it and quickly looked inside.

I laughed and she asked what I thought was funny. I said, well this is all just fake security theater to make stupid sheep feel safe. She asked how it's fake and I pointed out that if she was a terrorist with half a brain she'd have already made her bomb last night and left it in her workspace and then since her work is inside the "secure area" all she'd have to do is plop her bomb right back into her bag and go have a field day blowing up sheep.

Yup hence the reason I no longer attend these type of events, if I wanted to be groped and looked at like some kid of common criminal I would stand at the Airport all day. Its amazing how well programed we've become and how we accept this type of BS at every public event. Ya ya they're there to protect me, sure they are.

Did they have divers in the water? Probably not. Just keepin' honest people honest.

When I picked her up from work, I noticed she had a red band on her purse that said "inspected". I asked her what that was and she said "the checkpoint" was right by her work so she had her bag searched.

Where was the checkpoint, was it on her employers property or is this just some cordon down there?

-Mike

Yup hence the reason I no longer attend these type of events, if I wanted to be groped and looked at like some kid of common criminal I would stand at the Airport all day. Its amazing how well programed we've become and how we accept this type of BS at every public event. Ya ya they're there to protect me, sure they are.

Yup.
I can think of lots of ways to spend my time and money that doesn't involve date rape.

They won once the PATRIOT act was passed, that's all it took so start sliding down that slippery slope.

Just random checkpoints on public property for any event they feel like. I bet that anyone that went could tell you that firearms were in fact allowed just like they are allowed during the marathon, for LE. Just chipping away at our liberties one at a time.

It all started the first time someone ordered a Coke and were given an empty cup. If people refused it would not happen.

Last edited:
"It all started the first time someone ordered a Coke and were given an empty cup. If people refused it would not happen."

This pissed me off the first time it happened, I haven't had it it their way for a long time.

Where was the checkpoint, was it on her employers property or is this just some cordon down there?

-Mike
any of the finger streets that ran down to the water or the harbor walk were blocked off with dump trucks with checkpoints on the street, at least on the seaport blvd side.

ran into boston for a quick service call today, parked at a meter on high st.

small tool bag over my shoulder, sig 938 owb under my sport coat.

did my job at rowes wharf, looked at a couple of boats after, and left. no questions asked. i guess it's hit or miss whether or not you get screened.

did see a coastie with full battle gear on, sidearm minus rifle going into boston harbor hotel men's room. wanted to mention basket/hammock carry if he was sitting down, but decided against that!!!

Last edited:

The aquarium said no backpacks allowed this weekend - we go everywhere with a backpack - has water bottles for the kids, snacks, change of clothes, wipes etc. What focking right do they have to ban backpacks? Do your freaking job and catch the terrorists, instead of just dumping more restrictions on the people.

You're absolutely right, this is about slow boiling the sheeple, one new rule at a time. Bureaucrats love rules, and they love inconveniencing the people who pay their salaries.

"It all started the first time someone ordered a Coke and were given an empty cup. If people refused it would not happen."

This pissed me off the first time it happened, I haven't had it it their way for a long time.

Weird, I prefer it that way - rather than some clown giving me a cup full of ice with an ounce of soda. Also lets me water it down 50%, only way I want to drink soda these days.

I wonder what would've happened if she refused to let them search her personal belongings? Would that have kept her from getting to her job? Can they do that legally? I know, I know...[sad2]

I asked about this very situation in the tall ships thread and I guess we have the answer. These special event security checkpoints are set up such that the general public who aren't even attending said event MUST pass through checkpoints if they want to get from point A to point B. So what if you decline the anti-constitutional search? Do they turn you away? Arrest you for "disorderly conduct" for refusing? Will they stop and frisk you if you see the checkpoint and head back in the other direction because you're now a "suspicious person", like that guy who got busted for inadvertently carrying on BU's campus for the grad ceremony and went to go put it away in his car? How about any illegal items like drugs that get found during these warrantless, PC-less searches? Are they fruit of the poison tree or will they be admitted as evidence in court?

Weird, I prefer it that way - rather than some clown giving me a cup full of ice with an ounce of soda. Also lets me water it down 50%, only way I want to drink soda these days.
Reminds me of the time I was having lunch with people from work and one ordered Coke without ice. When he asked the waitress why she brought him a half full glass she responded "we're not going to let you trick us into giving you more product by ordering without ice".

The aquarium said no backpacks allowed this weekend - we go everywhere with a backpack - has water bottles for the kids, snacks, change of clothes, wipes etc. What focking right do they have to ban backpacks? Do your freaking job and catch the terrorists, instead of just dumping more restrictions on the people.

You're absolutely right, this is about slow boiling the sheeple, one new rule at a time. Bureaucrats love rules, and they love inconveniencing the people who pay their salaries.

The aquarium can tell you whatever they want. You dont like it, you dont have to go.

Walking on a public sidewalk to your job or apartment is a different story.

I asked about this very situation in the tall ships thread and I guess we have the answer. These special event security checkpoints are set up such that the general public who aren't even attending said event MUST pass through checkpoints if they want to get from point A to point B. So what if you decline the anti-constitutional search? Do they turn you away? Arrest you for "disorderly conduct" for refusing? Will they stop and frisk you if you see the checkpoint and head back in the other direction because you're now a "suspicious person", like that guy who got busted for inadvertently carrying on BU's campus for the grad ceremony and went to go put it away in his car? How about any illegal items like drugs that get found during these warrantless, PC-less searches? Are they fruit of the poison tree or will they be admitted as evidence in court?

We were there both Saturday and Sunday, so here's my assessment of the security situation.

- Pier by Boston Fish Pier - walk thru metal detectors, security with hand-scanners and trays for your phone and metals. Put stuff in tray, walked thru and it buzzed of course (steel buckle on Wilderness Tactical Instructor's Belt-I told them before going thru). Guy wands my left pocket and I pull out the flashlight I forgot. OK, GTG (never wanded my right pocket).
- Pier to the right of WTC - You walk down almost 1/2 way and they have walk thru metal detectors set up. On Saturday the guy running it told people to hold their keys, cell phone and cameras over their heads and walk thru. I put my stuff in a bin and walked thru, buzzer went off and they ignored me so I proceeded.

In both of the above cases there were no police manning the security stations and you could freely turn around and opt out. I'm sure that many did on Sunday as we saw a line that was horrendously long at both locations and decided to call it a day.

At the Navy Yard both days I was very surprised that there was no security checkpoints, of all places. Lots of armed LEOs all over the place however, so perhaps they profiled if needed but I saw no issues. We decided not to try to get on the USS Constitution as we could do that another time and I wanted to get on the USS Widbey Island back in the Seaport.

- Security for the USS Widbey Island was very serious as it should be for an active warship. Lots of LEOs and US Navy Security (with M-16s) as you turned off the roadway to the pier. First you had to show a gov't issued ID to the US Navy Security, then you got to the metal detector and an x-ray machine for bags. There was a "white shirt" supervisor there and guys with wands. I put wallet (police badge inside), ID-case, keys, camera, cell phone, flashlight in bin. Guy looks in camera case on my belt to ensure it was empty. Buzzer goes off, take coin out of my pocket (yes, they had the sensitivity cranked up here), had to take the belt off and then all was quiet. They were polite, but insistent that all metal be off you. This ship was well worth the security hassle. Had a nice talk about guns with a Navy Chief . . . they had a table setup with a couple of M-16s, M-37?? (grenade launcher with 6-rotary drum), an M-240, another lighter machine gun, M-9 pistol that folks could hold. Blackhawk helicopter you could walk thru and even sit in the pilot's seat if you wished, lots of other vehicles in the "dry dock" part of the ship, etc. Unsure what might happen if you decided no wrt security checkpoint here.

---------------------

As for the city/state shutting down roads, walkways, invoking "security" in public places, etc. no judge would rule against it cause terror-ism! We are stuck in "1984" folks never to return to a free society again.

Last edited:
Its amazing how well programed we've become and how we accept this type of BS at every public event. Ya ya they're there to protect me, sure they are.

This...but..."We" don't "accept" this type of BS..."They" (the sheep/Antis/wingnuts/moonbats/etc etc) accept it, bow to it, fellate it, obey it, worship it, continuously vote (at least in places like the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts) for it, etc etc etc.
"We"don't accept it. We fight it tooth, nail and last drop of blood. But, again, in absolute effin liberal pissholes like Massachusetts.. where pussified "men" wear pink hats and walk in lockstep with their Hillary-admiring wives (or with their "husbands") fighting it drains you to the point where even "fighters" (like the person typing this right now) say "Yknow what? It's been fifty of my years and I can't do this anymore, and I simply can't effin STAND living here anymore".. and do everything in their power to drop the fight, throw in the towel and get the absolute F*CK out of this disgusting, left-wing-pinhead-maggot infested hellhole.
(+1)

This...but..."We" don't "accept" this type of BS..."They" (the sheep/Antis/wingnuts/moonbats/etc etc) accept it, bow to it, fellate it, obey it, worship it, continuously vote (at least in places like the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts) for it, etc etc etc.
"We"don't accept it. We fight it tooth, nail and last drop of blood. But, again, in absolute effin liberal pissholes like Massachusetts.. where pussified "men" wear pink hats and walk in lockstep with their Hillary-admiring wives (or with their "husbands") fighting it drains you to the point where even "fighters" (like the person typing this right now) say "Yknow what? It's been fifty of my years and I can't do this anymore, and I simply can't effin STAND living here anymore".. and do everything in their power to drop the fight, throw in the towel and get the absolute F*CK out of this disgusting, left-wing-pinhead-maggot infested hellhole.
(+1)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom