• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Talked my girlfriend into getting her LTC

You had to talk someone into getting an LTC? I'd be horrified to push that onto someone who isn't actively interested.

Sweet! I was able to talk my girlfriend into taking the class at Mass Firearms school which she did over the summer however hasn't found the motivation to actually go to the station and apply.

You had to talk someone into getting an LTC? I'd be horrified to push that onto someone who isn't actively interested.

she may have had some interest in it and he may have just nudged her...if she was that against it she wouldnt have out the app in I am guessing

Wife is going in for her LTC this upcoming month. I am very happy she is, she may not share the same passion I have but her willingness to do so is all I asked.

9-10 weeks is 2 times longer than they are required by law... The law doesn't matter for them, so you are screwed. I can't wait for when I apply for my non res.

She enjoys shooting, always has (better shot them me for sure). Just not motivated enough to get it. Does not mean she will be tottin a S&W 500 looking for people to shoot!!! But that she will be able to exercise her right should she choose to do so. Makes it a bit easier for me to store my guns as well, I will not need to make sure that she does not have access. Less risk of running afoul of Mass laws.

She enjoys shooting, always has (better shot them me for sure). Just not motivated enough to get it. Does not mean she will be tottin a S&W 500 looking for people to shoot!!! But that she will be able to exercise her right should she choose to do so. Makes it a bit easier for me to store my guns as well, I will not need to make sure that she does not have access. Less risk of running afoul of Mass laws.

The bolded part is most important due to MGLs! I had to push my Wife very hard to get her FID and LTC way back in the late 1970s just for that reason. One piece of brass floating under the front seat in a car can (in MA) lead to a jail sentence if she doesn't have at least an FID. My Wife was anti-gun back then. Many years later she flipped 180 and decided to become a GOAL/NRA/SAF Life Member as well as a member of Braintree R&P. She insisted on joining me at the Holbrook Shoot (50 BMG's invitation to her was her motivator) and she shot my AR-15 for the first time as well as the M1 Carbine she enjoys shooting.

good!

the best advice i can offer you, which i received from a woman, is that she will go at this gun business at her own pace. let her.

App went in Friday (12/27) AM. Local PD (Northbridge) said 9 to 10 weeks......

HA!

After 10+ years.. My GF finally took the plunge as well. I got her to take the Fishman's class as she had lost her training certificate from Worcester PD long ago. She put in for it about a month ago, and they said 12-16 weeks she should see it in the mail.

After she was all done, she could not believe that she waited so long and got all worked up about applying.

In Northbridge too. BTW.

OMG so scareyzzzz

DSC_0425.JPG

good!

the best advice i can offer you, which i received from a woman, is that she will go at this gun business at her own pace. let her.

Good advice. It took ten years, but my wife became interested after watching a few episodes of that TV show Top Shot with me. She now has her LTC.

She will only shoot my SR22 and I'm fine with that. Some day when she feels ready, she can try my larger calibers. She likes shooting at clays much better than paper judging from her excitement when she breaks them. She said she wants to try breaking some clays with the 12ga in the Spring.

And, it's nice to walk out of Walmart with 6 boxes instead of 3.

Got my girlfriend interested in shooting at the club car shoot this summer. Her son commented on the picture she posted on facebook with the AR that he wasn't even allowed to have toy guns when he was a kid!

I was in FL for x-mas and went to the licensing office for my FL non-res permit right after landing. They had a gun show that weekend, so she took the class while I shopped. It included doing the application, notarization, prints and photo, all for the $65 fee. It was ready to mail when she walked out. Since she is still a FL resident she will be able to buy some goodies down there before officially moving here.

We got her 5 y.o. grandson a toy AK with flashing lights and sound while there. Got started on safety with him, don't point at anyone and keeping finger outside the trigger. He had fun chasing the ducks outside the condo with it. Looks like he will be pro 2A. :)

HA!

After 10+ years.. My GF finally took the plunge as well. I got her to take the Fishman's class as she had lost her training certificate from Worcester PD long ago. She put in for it about a month ago, and they said 12-16 weeks she should see it in the mail.

After she was all done, she could not believe that she waited so long and got all worked up about applying.

In Northbridge too. BTW.

That was my GF's problem, gets all worked up about doing anything. After she went to police station, she could not shut up about how easy it was and how friendly they were.

We are lucky to be in a green town. When I applied for my C&R, the officer that took the local chiefs copy was asking what I collect and said that he had just got his too.

good!

Advice heard and will be heeded. I only hope that she will come shooting with me occasionally (hell, I don't even want her there all the time!!) Glad she went for it just so I don't have to worry about the guns in the house as much, and getting into trouble because she can access the guns!

9-10 weeks is 2 times longer than they are required by law... The law doesn't matter for them, so you are screwed. I can't wait for when I apply for my non res.

Northbridge is pretty good as far as towns go, it took 5 weeks for me a few years ago and they mailed it to me. Is the state backed up?

Back
Top Bottom