• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Talk to me about KRISS Vectors

1903Collector

NES Member
Know that I have found out I can get one in 10mm I'm wanting one more, would be a nice compliment to my 10mm pistols.

Never having fired one can someone tell me about them? Quality, any issues, and most importantly does it play well with lefties? Also are there any big stick mags for the 10mm available (preban of course).

Thanks,

Know that I have found out I can get one in 10mm I'm wanting one more, would be a nice compliment to my 10mm pistols.

Never having fired one can someone tell me about them? Quality, any issues, and most importantly does it play well with lefties? Also are there any big stick mags for the 10mm available (preban of course).

Thanks,

I shot one of the early .45 models and it was pretty rad. Light recoil, easy to shoot, but it choked while extracting brass and would chew them up in the process. It was a pretty cool toy though, I guess.

10mm magazine extensions are hit or miss. I had a 2 G20 mags with Arredondo Glock 21 +5's on them. One worked, one didn't. I did some reading and apparently the 45 and 10mm mags have different internal tapers and that causes issues when using one extension on the other. I know there are posts all over the internet with people claiming the G21 mag extensions, including the KRISS extensions, work on G20 mags no problem, but I would bet that most of them are basing those statements on the one time they loaded them and inserted them in the gun for a ninja picture to post on their forum of choice.

As a rule I would not trust a gun with a mag extension for anything serious anyways.

I shot one of the early .45 models and it was pretty rad. Light recoil, easy to shoot, but it choked while extracting brass and would chew them up in the process. It was a pretty cool toy though, I guess.

10mm magazine extensions are hit or miss. I had a 2 G20 mags with Arredondo Glock 21 +5's on them. One worked, one didn't. I did some reading and apparently the 45 and 10mm mags have different internal tapers and that causes issues when using one extension on the other. I know there are posts all over the internet with people claiming the G21 mag extensions, including the KRISS extensions, work on G20 mags no problem, but I would bet that most of them are basing those statements on the one time they loaded them and inserted them in the gun for a ninja picture to post on their forum of choice.

As a rule I would not trust a gun with a mag extension for anything serious anyways.

I've got a .45, and it's the only one I've handled.

Using the Kriss extensions on G21 mags, I had to bevel the inside of the magazine tube at the base, to allow the follower to pass by without hanging up.

I've experienced no malfunctions with my .45 version, but have only run ball ammo through it.

I've got a .45, and it's the only one I've handled.

Using the Kriss extensions on G21 mags, I had to bevel the inside of the magazine tube at the base, to allow the follower to pass by without hanging up.

I've experienced no malfunctions with my .45 version, but have only run ball ammo through it.

Yeah, like I said, it was an early model that I shot a box of WWB through like 8 years ago. Could have been any number of things.

For the asking price of north of $1000 for a pistol cal carbine.......it better be DAMN good. Lol

i had the gen 1 model which at the time was only in 45 acp. overall very nice. excellent construction. no issues at all. ended up selling it because i prefer the beretta cx4 storm.

as an SBR, the vector is phenomenal. it makes a lot of sense. it was clearly built to be a sub gun, not a 16" barrel rifle. in the latter configuration I just found it a bit awkward. but it's still a excellent choice and it's unlikely you'll be disappointed. i would suggest handling one first before purchasing.

I shot a 9mm one at a range, I really liked it. Accurate, soft recoil...

Was temped to get one, but kinda pricey. Its on my long list at the bottom (other cooler stuff higher up) as I have a AR-9 just waiting to be finished.

I have one of the newer ones in 9mm. Lots of fun to shoot, very reliable and takes glock mags.

It really needs to SBR'd to unleash its full potential.

Have shot the 9mm and .45acp.

Cool guns both gen2 versions.

The negative is the price. Most are going for $1500. I’ve seen a few on random websites for $1300 plus shipping and transfer and CC fees you are still at $1400 plus need to shell out 70+ for preban glock mags. I opted for a Springfield Armory socom16 and couldn’t be happier (got it all said and done for $1375)

If you are in dire need of a pistol carbine and had to be 10mm (which I love btw) then go for it just as others have said it’s an expensive toy for what you get.

Nothing that is Mass compliant that I know of.

If outside mass there are a bunch that are built off of Glock Frames with a carbine around it (essentially what the Kriss Vector is but the Vector is nicer IMO).

Really if you want a 10MM carbine I cant think of or recommend anything else other than the Kriss.

Some great info here, glad I asked.
What other options for a 10mm carbine however? Take price out of it for now.

Ordered one in 10mm, was able to shoulder one at a local shop, LOP was just right and a natural pointer for me. I've been adapting to right handed guns all my life so this won't be a big deal except for the mag release....It's in the worse possible spot for a lefty so I think I'll just add a Magpul AFG or some other grip.

Had two range trips with the Vector.

First range trip went great, Only had 10 round mags but it worked flawlessly. Was shooting Sig and AE ammo, no feeding or extraction problems. Fired around 250 rounds.

Second trip....not so much. I had purchased some U notch pre-bans, when I got them they wouldn't lock into the gun. I think the mag well may have been slightly over sized at the bottom so I removed the the magazine base and sanded them down about a 1/16 of an inch and they all locked in fine. I did notice the notch on the newer 10 rounders seems to be bigger than the notch on the older U notch mags, I considered opening up the notch but then I came to my senses, easier to replace the mag base if I ever need to.

So now I got the mag issue solved, get to the range and all is going good, got one failure to feed which I think was caused by the anemic Remington ammo I was using. Then after a few mags the bolt won't lock back, so now I'm like WTF!! I clear and go to put the carbine down on the bench and I cut my finger on something sharp....The bolt lock split in half! Now I'm really pissed, these aren't cheap carbines. It's and easy part to change out as it's a complete assembly, but it's a MIM part. Got the new part from KRISS but haven't installed it yet. Overall so far I'm happy with the gun despite the issues I've had but that could change.

wow i'm surprise the bolt lock split in half. compared to the original vector gen 1 45acp model (which i had briefly then stupidly sold), these newer gen 2's have a more "mass-produced" feel to them. still excellent but not quite the same. the trigger is much better though for sure. the original trigger felt like a klunk.

i just picked up a 10mm vector as well. one annoying design change is the removal of the previous Kriss M4 stock adapter. this would allow someone to remove the fixed M4 tube and install the original kriss folding stock. on the new upper design it threads directly into an M4 tube, so one is stuck with this configuration. annoying. i will say the recoil on the 10mm is stout. it tends to pup up on my cheekweld. it seems better with a red dot but I don't much enjoy shooting it at the moment. i'm putting underwood 180gr which is where some of the recoil is coming from. mouse fart 10mm's run like nothing but then what's the point. i haven't hadn't a chance to chrono these underwood loads but it looks like 10mm gains a lot from a longer barrel in terms of velocity. these are 1350 ft/s out of a glock 20 i wouldn't be surprised if they go over 1600 ft/s from the 16" barrel. this also explains why some of the recoil on the 10mm kriss is more than i would have expected (newton's 3rd law).

anyway it's a wicked cool little 10mm. i personally don't plan to bother with any pre-ban mags on it especically U-notches.

First thing I did was change the stock when I got it home, First I put an ACE entry stock on it. I had to modify it a little by drilling and tapping for a couple of set screws to keep it from spinning but I REALLY liked the feel of this stock on this carbine but the ACE stock sucks for sling attachments. I swapped the ACE for a Magpul MOE fixed stock, it has the QD sling attachment points.

First thing I did was change the stock when I got it home, First I put an ACE entry stock on it. I had to modify it a little by drilling and tapping for a couple of set screws to keep it from spinning but I REALLY liked the feel of this stock on this carbine but the ACE stock sucks for sling attachments. I swapped the ACE for a Magpul MOE fixed stock, it has the QD sling attachment points.

the original kriss folding stock is better than any M4 tube based stock one can use. it's a shame they went backwards in the design to M4

Just took my 9mm to the range last weekend. Very very awesome. Talk about easy to shoot, muzzle doesn't flip up at all, but does wander sideways a bit. I found getting the vertical grip way out on the rail really helped control it and let you shoot REALLY fast.

I had a lot of problems with preban u-notches, but I think I know what's going on and its my fault, so I need to test more before I give my verdict. Locking them in was a bit of an issue sometimes, though, so I will probably be filing down the base plates a tiny bit just as you did. Someone at the range had some super-cheap gun-show 30 rounders and those functioned f***ing flawlessly so I think there is zero issue at all for free staters not using ancient mags.

It was definitely the prettiest girl at the dance, everyone wants to know what the hell it is, lol.

The full auto ones are absolutely amazing, but I have wondered what the point of being able to dump that many rounds that fast actually is. What's the application there? Its brilliant that it can fire so fast and be controllable, but its hard to imagine an actual need.

the benefit of the super v recoil system in auto mode is that one can drop a handful of rounds in the same area whereas other such firearms will have muzzle rize on auto. for close quarters combat i would imagine this is nice. i've never shot the kriss in anything other than semi auto, but watch the videos of people going full auto with them. the benefit for combat is obvious.

now whether one could control the # of rounds they waste w each trigger pull, that's another question.

Benefit of full auto is the home invader hopped up on something won’t be able to keep going for 2 minutes after you shoot him.

The full auto ones are absolutely amazing, but I have wondered what the point of being able to dump that many rounds that fast actually is. What's the application there? Its brilliant that it can fire so fast and be controllable, but its hard to imagine an actual need.

So that the bad guy don't get up? (hopefully, at all). If it was FA and you dump a controlled burst, if you hit the BG with the burst, well, its prolly game over...

-Mike

i just picked up a 10mm vector as well. one annoying design change is the removal of the previous Kriss M4 stock adapter. this would allow someone to remove the fixed M4 tube and install the original kriss folding stock. on the new upper design it threads directly into an M4 tube, so one is stuck with this configuration. annoying. i will say the recoil on the 10mm is stout. it tends to pup up on my cheekweld. it seems better with a red dot but I don't much enjoy shooting it at the moment. i'm putting underwood 180gr which is where some of the recoil is coming from. mouse fart 10mm's run like nothing but then what's the point. i haven't hadn't a chance to chrono these underwood loads but it looks like 10mm gains a lot from a longer barrel in terms of velocity. these are 1350 ft/s out of a glock 20 i wouldn't be surprised if they go over 1600 ft/s from the 16" barrel. this also explains why some of the recoil on the 10mm kriss is more than i would have expected (newton's 3rd law).

Mouse fart factory 10mms are still usually 10-20% better than .40s.... With Underwood I would practically expect it to kick the shit out of you... some of their stuff is probably actually hotter than 10mm "Norma Spec" stuff. JUICE is an understatement. When I shoot their 380 +P out of my G42, it makes it feel like a full power 9mm... lol. It's a shame they don't seem to sell 50 round boxes anymore... that sucks cause the cost/round is much higher...

-Mike

Didn’t Glock make the U notch wider so it didn’t drop free, for fear people would drop a mag by accident?

Never heard it "officially", but that was always the excuse parroted by some glock armorers. I always thought it was just their way of writing off shoddy engineering. If it was still useful, you'd still be able to buy them. I don't own a single one of them and if I come across them cheap, I either give them away or sell them at cost.... but usually I try to avoid even looking at them as I can only hold back my gag reflex for so long. IMHO a U-notch belongs in a gun museum next to a Gen 1 G17... thats the only place where it wouldn't make me gag by seeing it... lol.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom