• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Talk about gouging

I used to think that too, then I moved on to feeling that it is always good financial and tactical thinking to have them built and ready for use.....so I built them all. [smile] [thumbsup]

I ended up with two completed lowers without uppers because I shifted my spending to ammo last year, one pistol braced and one rifle stocked. Will probably do a 7.5 inch for the pistol and a lightweight 16 inch M Lock upper for the rifle configuration.

Understood, but some of us have been collecting and building for a very long time, so we have more than 2 or 3 complete (i won't get into how many i have bought and also built on a public forum), but suffice it to say, some people can defintely afford to also have several new & unbuilt stripped lowers stored away in one of their gun safes.

Last edited:
Understood, but some of us have been collecting and building for a very long time, so we have more than 2 or 3 complete (i won't get into how many i have bought and also built on a public forum), but suffice it to say, some people can defintely afford to also have several new & unbuilt stripped lowers stored away in one of their gun safes.

Yup.....

Aside from that being a 5-pack total cost ..... IMHO, I have always felt that its good financial thinking to have 2 to 6 (new & un-built) stripped AR lowers in the safe.
I used to think that too, then I moved on to feeling that it is always good financial and tactical thinking to have them built and ready for use.....so I built them all. [smile] [thumbsup]

I ended up with two completed lowers without uppers because I shifted my spending to ammo last year, one pistol braced and one rifle stocked. Will probably do a 7.5 inch for the pistol and a lightweight 16 inch M Lock upper for the rifle configuration.
Same same here. Except I’m down to my last unbuilt lower. Not counting the 80% ones.

Along those lines, lately I am trying to budget/order/find the last few matching uppers for my spare lowers. Down to 2 I will probably place on backorder and maybe see them in a few months.

Based on legal shenanigans of recent years, the dems are becoming awful intent on banning "parts" - especially as they relate to assembling new 80% guns.

If the election goes south and the grabbers start grabbing I'm fairly certain it's not going to be as simple as banning new lowers. I feel like what will probably happen is some vague ill defined AWB+parts-to-build-AW's thing where the ATF is going to go and interpret what that encompasses. Who knows how that might impact say an LPK, barrel, BCG etc etc but I think the most likely part to be banned is the upper receiver. IMO it is better to stock say 4 matching sets versus 8 stripped lowers.

Free market also includes criticism of the price.

Criticizing the price doesn't get you any plywood before the hurricane. Price controls by little bitch ass communist politicians DEFINITELY prevents enough plywood from getting to the hurricane zone by the time you need it. Anyone who pushes for price limits is hurting the people they are pretending to help.

Back
Top Bottom