• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tales of the gun

I have them all on VHS. One of these days I'll get off my ass and find a place to transfer them all to DVD so I can get rid of the giant box of tapes I have.

I have the entire collection too on VHS.
I believe there's 64 episodes in all.

Not sure how many there are, all I know is its a big ass box full.

I hate clinging to ancient technology but than again VHS tapes are pretty much like milsurps these days. They take up a ton of room and you have to really like them to appreciate them.

I like when they show the women working the factories assembling the machines of WW2. Amazing how fast these great women moved to get the job done.

I believe there's 64 episodes in all.
If you only watch one, watch the one on John Moses Browning. I never realized that he designed most of Winchester's lever actions, the 1911, Browning Hi-Power, the BAR, the M1917 and M2 machine guns and a host of others. No one in the history of the world comes close to how many enduring gun designs he did.

Last edited:
For the most part jmb desisgned just about everything...then others copied. From about 1870 on.
I found a show a long while back about John b. Not so much about the guns but the man. He would usually have a working wood model finished in a few weeks.
1st gun made at 13...first of 128 patents by 24.... rumor is Winchester would by up jmb designs so no one else would. I wonder how many designs have been lost or berried in archives.

Back
Top Bottom