• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tales from the Idiot Side

• Thread starter Deleted member 12999
  • Start date
How about when a buddy shows up to bail out an arrestee? Do you ask them for ID and run them, just in case?

When I used to work in NJ, if we stopped a guy and he had a suspended DL or something, our policy was to wait a reasonable time until a friend or relative could come and drive the car home instead of towing it, YOu would be surprised how often the guy that showed up had warrants or a suspended license also.

Old lady was asked to provide a stool sample, so she shows up at the clinic with like a 2pint pickle jar, completely to the top filled with her shit plus it was packed in really well. [rofl]I guess, they could not blame her for bringing too little.

..unlike the guy who was akes to bring each a blood, urine, stool and sperm sample....he brought yesterday's briefs

How about when a buddy shows up to bail out an arrestee? Do you ask them for ID and run them, just in case?

There are so many funny stories like that. I heard of one Guy that called a friend at WPD, asking if he had any warrants. Buddy says, come on down and bring an ID, I'll check for you sir. Guy shows up, pops warrant, and does not collect his 200$. Straight to jail.

You'd be amazed how many have warrants/suspended licenses...or they're there to bail an OUI and are OUI themselves! Including the ones who live close enough that they could have walked the bail money to the station instead of driving, but chose otherwise (happens in college towns/departments allllllll the time)

garys

After 33 years I could write a book, but no one would believe it wasn't fiction. The worst part is the stupid lies people tell and expect us to believe.

"I was painting my kitchen in the nude because I didn't want to ruin my clothes. I sat down for a minute and forgot I put my beer on the stool. That's how that bottle got in my colon, really."

Enjoy and be safe for those shifts

"I don't use Heroin, I'm a diabetic, I always give myself my Insulin in a vein."

"I only had two beers."

"If I go by ambulance, they'll see me faster in the hospital."

Six more shifts and I'm done.

Enjoy and be safe on those shifts

Notwithstanding forum leanings, this is a thread for you all to share in the misery of the 'tard side. I know the other guys on the job (police, fire, ems) that lurk here have stories to share.

Medical Call: 23 year old female. No obvious signs of trauma. Alert to date, time, location. Steady on feet.

"I slipped on my stairs, and now my ear hurts'
"Do you want an ambulance?"
[Answers cell phone while I'm talking, ignores me]
"I need you to talk to my mom, and tell her how bad it is. She wants me to go in ambulance, we're going to sue landlord for light being out" - While shoving cell phone in my face
[Me choking back desire to choke]
"I can call you an ambulance if you want"

It doesn't sound like much, but run into this 'victim mindset' every day.

I was working a scope truck one night. Spotted a group coming into town near a road. I called my chase units and started guiding them in on the group. The responding unit was driving down the road at 5-10 mph with his ally (side spotlight) light on. The group lined up single file, in the shadow of the ally light around a small bush. The group shuffled trough 180 degrees before I could call the unit and tell him to back up. He backed up the road and the group did the same thing in reverse, staying in the shadow of the light. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't tell him to stop and just walk 10 ft to the group. I get him stopped and he assures me there is no one right by his truck, until he walked up to the brush and saw the group, still in a line in the shadow.

On another occasion, I had a couple guys bail on me from a vehicle stop. They ran 20-30 yards and just laid face down in the dirt like a 3-5 yr old would do to hide in broad daylight. I had to walk up and nudge them before they would acknowledge my existence.

This so needs to be a new thread. If there is one thing that fills up posts it's dumb crook threads.

There are so many funny stories like that. I heard of one Guy that called a friend at WPD, asking if he had any warrants. Buddy says, come on down and bring an ID, I'll check for you sir. Guy shows up, pops warrant, and does not collect his 200$. Straight to jail.

Or people who drive the police station shitfaced to bail out their friend.

That's a good friend. Hope he brought his bail money for himself, too. [hmmm]

I'm happy to say that I had to google what the heck "narcan" is.

Stuff is amazing and has done more to sustain the welfare state than a generation of Democrats.

Interesting fact from a Serfeant I know: Narcan does not work on OC's diluted in water.

Best Fitchburg PD call I ever heard on the scanner went something like this....

For context, this is about 8 pm, in the middle of the summer. It's still very much light out.

Dispatch: "Caller at XYZ Road complaining of excessive noise from children operating gas powered remote control cars up and down the street."

LEO: "Who is the caller, an infant? It's not even dark out yet. "

I laughed my ass off for about 2 minutes straight when I heard that... my belly hurt.

-Mike

heard on the Framingham police scanner in the early nineties ...

be on the lookout for black female age 16 6 foot 2 300 pounds and last seen wearing purple spandex. absent without leave from group home on something or other street ...

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

I have a million from my EMS days, here's 2 quick ones:

1) My FIRST night on the job, called out to an intoxicated individual with stomach pains. Partner and I arrive on scene (trailer park, patient in the fetal position on his side, empty 1/5 of Jack Daniels next to him, smoking hot wife. I talk to the wife, partner the patient. Wife tells me that the patient is an alcoholic so the empty JD bottle was nothing out of the ordinary, but that he had been constipated for "a few days" and collapsed with stomach pains right before she called EMS. The Patient tells my partner the same story but adds that about an hour before, he decided that the best way to end his constipation was to take a piece of aquarium pump tubing and put it in his butt. (Apparently he thought of the old knife in the ketchup bottle trick and thought it was a good idea - Jack D. apparently agreed). Visual examination showed that he had lost the end of the tubing and it disappeared into his body.

Load patient into truck, get vitals, IV, the usual - try to get a more complete history. I ask the guy what type of laxatives he had tried and in what dosages, and got a blank stare in return. Apparently our patient when straight from constipated, past laxatives or seeing a doctor, straight to "tube in the butt." Fast forward to my return trip to the ER later that night and I get to see a fantastic Xray of about 3' of aquarium tubing in this guy's colon. Luckily for him no perforations or lacerations.

2) 2-3am call comes in from the local gas station, patient burned his hands. No big whoop, easy-peasy. We go to the gas station and find our patient with his hands looking like they were melting. quick assessment revealed he had been working on his car in the afternoon (like 12 hours ago) and had gotten battery acid all over his hands, and was apparently too dumb to wash it off (ALL DAY LONG). His girlfriend couldn't take him to the hospital at 2 am because she was "watching her favorite show." Knowing what kind of torturous pain he was in for with all the scrubbing and rubbing at the hospital, I almost felt bad for him; almost.

It does, but you need a lot more than the standard dose for Heroin. OC is far more potent than Heroin (as a rule), so you need more Narcan.

Or you can just drop a tube and ventilate them until you get to the hospital.

Stuff is amazing and has done more to sustain the welfare state than a generation of Democrats.

Interesting fact from a Serfeant I know: Narcan does not work on OC's diluted in water.

to be honest, I included that for reason. My partner said that no one was that stupid, I disagreed. He think it was some freaky sexual thing, while I said that with a wife like that (petite little brunette) that there's no reason for aquarium tubing.

Our protocol echoed Gary's - keep'em alive but don't wake'm up until they get to the ER, let them deal with them in a proper ER and not the back of a 6x8 truck.

Back in the day... Call at hospital for a guy causing problem in ER. Show up, and it's a dude that looks exactly like this:
l.jpg

about 6'5" 250. The kicker is that he's in what can only be described as a souped up turbo charged motorized wheelchair.

I slide right into my 'lets talk this out buddy' voice, and it's going nowhere. Now I'm thinking... there's no ****ing way I'm arresting this guy, the wagon driver is going to shoot me, and then booking will shoot me after. I reach down into my rapport building bag of tricks, and get the guy to drive out. Then along comes Sgt. ****everthingup, who blows my plan to bits. Guy starts to escalate and threatens to tip himself over. Then decides that he wants a piece of me. I was going to tactically roll, just to rub it in his face that I could, but thought better of it. So then I do a tactical side-step and get behind him. This enrages him, and he tells me to face him like a man. I told him to stand up when he talks to me. This was not effective verbal judo apparently, because he starts to head towards the sidewalk to flip the chair. I jammed my boot in the back of the wheelchair. Bad idea. It's got like 10,000 horsepower, and almost grinds my foot off.
He eventually realized that I wasn't going to face him like a man, and drove off. It's all on video, but I failed to get a copy. :(

0700 on a Wednesday a few years ago and I got dispatched to a naked male in the Best Buy parking lot. I call off on arrival that there is indeed a male in the parking lot and he is in fact naked... face down... In a mulch bed... Making a snow angel.

Took three of us to get him to cuff up. Tough sob and bat shite crazy. Classic psychosis. Batons, OC, and contact controls had no effect. Had to "distract" him with a few well placed knee strikes. He actually laughed hysterically when they got him to the ER and catheterized him!

I remember a call once for a naked, intoxicated female walking down the road. Smartass cop asks for a description (Like he needs one. If you see a naked lady, it's probably the right one.) dispatcher doesn't get the joke and answers (5'7, 120lbs, blonde hair, 22 years old) It looked like the 4th of July parade with all the cruisers running code to get there.

They never found the girl though much to their disappointment.

I remember a call once for a naked, intoxicated female walking down the road. Smartass cop asks for a description (Like he needs one. If you see a naked lady, it's probably the right one.) dispatcher doesn't get the joke and answers (5'7, 120lbs, blonde hair, 22 years old) It looked like the 4th of July parade with all the cruisers running code to get there.

They never found the girl though much to their disappointment.

They all probably drove straight past the 5'3" 220lb 44yo brunette

0700 on a Wednesday a few years ago and I got dispatched to a naked male in the Best Buy parking lot. I call off on arrival that there is indeed a male in the parking lot and he is in fact naked... face down... In a mulch bed... Making a snow angel.

Took three of us to get him to cuff up. Tough sob and bat shite crazy. Classic psychosis. Batons, OC, and contact controls had no effect. Had to "distract" him with a few well placed knee strikes. He actually laughed hysterically when they got him to the ER and catheterized him!

Should have tazed him bro!

Back
Top Bottom