Taking Down Squirrels

Some of the wicked expensive, super-tricked out airsoft guns can get up to around 700 FPS, which I know can kill some birds and probably could kill a squirrel, but I'm not sure they're accurate enough.

Some of the wicked expensive, super-tricked out airsoft guns can get up to around 700 FPS, which I know can kill some birds and probably could kill a squirrel, but I'm not sure they're accurate enough.

And those 6mm plastic BBs are WAAAAYYY too light to do any real damage that a 20+ grain .22 cal lead hollow point pellet can do. These things are designed to shoot people playing Airsoft. If it won't break the skin, it sure won't kill a bird or a squirrel. Might stun it, but that's about it.

I think they mean this:
Gamo Viper Express
Air Rifle ShotGun or .22 cal 666 fps

gmo611022555-2T.jpg

I saw a black one recently in MA. Black squirels are really common in Virginia. They just recently seemed to have migrated north.

Black squirrels are common in western MA. I went to school at Westfield and it was far more common to see black squirrels than gray.

As for taking them down. Those powderless .22 rounds are SUPER effective and quiet. My gamo .177 does it too, but it tends to be much louder than the powderless .22. I've never used a .22 airgun, but I would imagine they would be perfect for the little critters. The one posted above, at 666fps has more getup than the powderless .22's do at 575fps.

Black Squirrels are Melanistic (the opposite of albinos) they have all the skin pigments as apposed to none in an albino. We have quite a few in Franklin. I have heard all kinds of wild stories as to where they came from but they actually come naturally in nature .

P.S. they taste just like regular Squirrels.

Back
Top Bottom