TAKING A SHOOTING CLASS/GUNFIGHTING CLASS? Here are some tips

To bring this back to reality......

I've taken a class where I've brought a spare full size handgun in the event mine went down (I've had a shotgun go down in a different class). I noticed a student struggle with their subcompact, and let them use my spare full size.

Instead of that student dropping out, you could see the light switch change to them having a blast for the rest of the class

To bring this back to reality......

I've taken a class where I've brought a spare full size handgun in the event mine went down (I've had a shotgun go down in a different class). I noticed a student struggle with their subcompact, and let them use my spare full size.

Instead of that student dropping out, you could see the light switch change to them having a blast for the rest of the class
OMG YES! I always have a spare FS gun. I have loaned it out to people who can't shoot their shield, bodyguard, etc.. mucho times

OMG YES! I always have a spare FS gun. I have loaned it out to people who can't shoot their shield, bodyguard, etc.. mucho times
ironically, I probably should have bought my Shield to the class I took with you and your daughter so I could have stopped fighting with my Glock...now the sights are aligned and I have no excuse when I throw my shots ;)

ironically, I probably should have bought my Shield to the class I took with you and your daughter so I could have stopped fighting with my Glock...now the sights are aligned and I have no excuse when I throw my shots ;)
The difference is YOU CAN SHOOT. Those people could not shoot their shields well. They need to learn the fundamentals with a FS grip where they could understand how to grip the f*** out of it. I kinda think shooting a smaller gun is almost an advanced skill.

The difference is YOU CAN SHOOT. Those people could not shoot their shields well. They need to learn the fundamentals with a FS grip where they could understand how to grip the f*** out of it. I kinda think shooting a smaller gun is almost an advanced skill.
You're too kind.

I'll agree, students should shoot the gun that fits them. I've had a bunch of students who actually do better with the Shield than the G19 because they can't figure out how to build a good grip on the Glock. It's part of why I hate the 3rd gen so much...going to have to grind those finger grooves off sooner or later.

You're too kind.

I'll agree, students should shoot the gun that fits them. I've had a bunch of students who actually do better with the Shield than the G19 because they can't figure out how to build a good grip on the Glock. It's part of why I hate the 3rd gen so much...going to have to grind those finger grooves off sooner or later.
Hate those finger grooves myself.

Hate those finger grooves myself.
For people who fit them, I hear they're great.

tenor.gif

Tip 1.... be borderline morbidly obese.

sweet, i can attend one now. [smile]

I really need to start attending courses, did an intro to IDPA course, was nervous as hell. Reloading on the move....ya a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, especially with trying to keep the muzzle down. But it was fun.

Back
Top Bottom