• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Take your kid to the range = get suspended from school

This is exactly why they are winning. If pictures of people shooting and enjoying firearms were more mainstream, then we wouldn't have all this anti-crap going on.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but with 3 mass shootings in last month, maybe some discretion would be better. The loony anti-2A people don’t care if the gun is being used responsibly and in a safe and controlled manner, all they see is a gun. 6 months down the line, I’d have less of a problem doing it.

I know I wouldn’t, under any circumstances, but again, I’m just not a social media person.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but with 3 mass shootings in last month, maybe some discretion would be better. The loony anti-2A people don’t care if the gun is being used responsibly and in a safe and controlled manner, all they see is a gun. 6 months down the line, I’d have less of a problem doing it.

I know I wouldn’t, under any circumstances, but again, I’m just not a social media person.

all the MORE reason people should post MORE responsible gun videos.

The gays didn't get all their rights by hiding it so as to not offend the loony anti gay evangelicals, they threw it in their faces. Whether we like that or not, it's how the gays got to where they are today. Same with first wave feminists who got the right to vote.

If gun owners grew some balls and got all loud and proud about it, we might get somewhere. Shoving constant responsible and fun gun ownership in everyone's faces can only help to demonstrate to the masses that the liberals anti gun bullshit is just that, bullshit.

Seems that this issue has been resolved & the school officials apologized.

Loveland school district clears student of any wrongdoing over Snapchat of guns; back in classes

Nathan and his parents met with school district officials for what she said amounted to 5 minutes before they gave Nathan permission to return to class and promised him there would be no consequences surrounding the issue.

“We walked in, they gave him a big envelope with his homework in it and immediately apologized,” Justine said. “They told him he was a good kid, they liked him, and they never believed he was making a threat against the school, but that ‘you know we have to do this.’ ”

Seems that this issue has been resolved & the school officials apologized.

Loveland school district clears student of any wrongdoing over Snapchat of guns; back in classes

" “They told him he was a good kid, they liked him, and they never believed he was making a threat against the school, but that ‘you know we have to do this.’ ”"
I'd say:
no, no I don't "know you have to do this". What I know is you're f***ing idiots who hear 'gun' and shut your already barely functional brains off. We'll see you in court.

Ya, you shouldn’t excerise one right for fear of loosing another..

A right that is not excersised is a right lost...

If anything more people should t post similar videos.
I didn’t know posting shit online was a right? Why advertise you own guns? Maybe post yourself playing with your expensive coin collection. Then post you’re going on vacation. What could go wrong?

When we were kids the police dept. range was where the NRA rifleclub happened every week. My, how times have changed.

He’s not getting paid although it would be nice if he did. What are the damages? Missing a week of his education “possession”? What’s the value of that? Good luck w the emotional distress argument. If he’s that emotionally distressed that he should get a big award they’ll argue that he probably shouldn’t have had access to guns in the first place. They’re not going to award punitive damages against the district for following their policies.

It could screw his chances with college applications. One of the questions on every college application I filled out was if I had ever been suspended from school for any reason. He now has to answer yes to that question and you'll get at least one nutjob on every admissions board that's going to say "oh no, gunz" and screw his chances at continuing his education.

It could screw his chances with college applications. One of the questions on every college application I filled out was if I had ever been suspended from school for any reason. He now has to answer yes to that question and you'll get at least one nutjob on every admissions board that's going to say "oh no, gunz" and screw his chances at continuing his education.

Yeah, he’s not getting paid for that what if.

When we were kids the police dept. range was where the NRA rifleclub happened every week. My, how times have changed.

The NRA still works with police:
NRA Explore | Law Enforcement, Military, Security

and:
NRA Explore | Tactical Police Competition

You might also get one who appreciates he was suspended for "exercising his rights". Don't be a negative Nancy.

" “They told him he was a good kid, they liked him, and they never believed he was making a threat against the school, but that ‘you know we have to do this.’ ”"
I'd say:
no, no I don't "know you have to do this". What I know is you're f***ing idiots who hear 'gun' and shut your already barely functional brains off. We'll see you in court.
I would go even further than that. His parents should encourage him to get his GED, enroll in community college a year or more ahead his classmates and move on. That high school will be looking for any excuse to set him up and nail him. Maybe arrange for a police drug sweep with K9, then have a school administrator slip a joint or two into his locker's top vent while he is in class minutes before the sweep. Shady little tactics like that. He will be a marked man. Best bet is to leave.

"Nathan and his parents met with school district officials for what she said amounted to 5 minutes before they gave Nathan permission to return to class and promised him there would be no consequences surrounding the issue."

Damn , that's mighty white of them considering they were the one's in the wrong.

They punished him for it. Do you really not understand how the concept of free speech works?
Do you not understand I'm talking about posting everything you do online? Why does everyone have to know when you ate dinner or watched a scary movie. Its idiotic this poor kid would get jammed up like that for doing nothing wrong. MY point is stop posting everything online. Jeez

Do you not understand I'm talking about posting everything you do online? Why does everyone have to know when you ate dinner or watched a scary movie. Its idiotic this poor kid would get jammed up like that for doing nothing wrong. MY point is stop posting everything online. Jeez

I think it’s dumb too, but it’s what people do now. They’ve got the freedom to do it, and .gov (in the form, here, of a public school) shouldn’t persecute him for what he posts.

Great point. You totally deserve to be punished for posting what you ate for dinner.

Clearly you don’t understand what freedom of speech means. Because having the ability to post something stupid that jct doesn’t like and not be punished for it is precisely what it means.

Back
Top Bottom