• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Take Your Daughter to the Range Day

Last day of my kids spring break, so I decided to take my daughters to the range. My 9 year old backed out at the last minute, so it was just my 7 1/2 year old and me (she insists that I add the 1/2 whenever I say how old she is). She did great for her first time shooting and we both had a great time. I think she has better form than me. [smile]

Here she is shooting my wife's Walther P22.

Ellie@Range.JPG

Last day of my kids spring break, so I decided to take my daughters to the range. My 9 year old backed out at the last minute, so it was just my 7 1/2 year old and me (she insists that I add the 1/2 whenever I say how old she is). She did great for her first time shooting and we both had a great time. I think she has better form than me. [smile]

View attachment 17546

AWESOME!

Loved those days. Treasure each one.

Both my 14 and 12 year old daughters have announced that they don't like shooting anymore.

View attachment 17546

That is pretty typical response. School teachers/peers work over your kids to think anti-gun by the time they are 9-10. You need to get them hooked, and able to think on their own, by 7! Good for you. Work on your older one, maybe she can be saved too.

Loved those days. Treasure each one.

Both my 14 and 12 year old daughters have announced that they don't like shooting anymore.

That's just a phase. My 26 year old got her LTC before I got mine. My 17 year old flip flops worse than Kerry. When her boyfriend or just friends in general want to go shoot, I hear how we never go to the range anymore. She's not intersted in the CZ .22 I got her when she was 14, all she want's to shoot is my S&W 627. We usually go out to eat afterward. It becomes a social event.

Awesome,

I'm expecting my first in August - A girl - I can't wait for the first day at the range! Guess I have about 8 years to wait.
Thanks for sharing.

My four year old son is already putting me on the grave. He told me, "when you get old I am going to keep all your shooters", LOL. My daughter is also putting bids on my stuff.

that's awesome. I had my son out shooting my ruger the other day, he did pretty well, which got my daughter more interested again. She's off and on with it. I told them both I will never force you to believe a thing or own guns when your older, but you will know how to safely handle one either way.

that's awesome. I had my son out shooting my ruger the other day, he did pretty well, which got my daughter more interested again. She's off and on with it. I told them both I will never force you to believe a thing or own guns when your older, but you will know how to safely handle one either way.

This is a good policy that could potentially save their life someday.

View attachment 17546

Very nice form! You have trained her well and it shows.

Congrats and keep up the good work.

I started my daughter out with a Chipmunk .22 at the age of nine...at age 15 she started to compete in N-SSA skirmishes with a 3 band rifle-musket....and by age 18 she was doing Highpower. Now, at 27, she's outshooting me most of the time. The time flew by and I can't imagine not having all the good times we had together because of our shared interest. Just don't wish the time away; it shoots by too quickly.

Here's my "baby" girl at Reading yesterday:

20110424.jpg

Can't believe she's 11 already.

Wait about 20 minutes....She'll be 25 and outscoring you. Look for the little girl on the firing line with yellow shooting coat next time at EMRL and you'll see what I mean. She was 11 a very short time ago, it seems.

Here's my "baby" girl at Reading yesterday:

20110424.jpg

Can't believe she's 11 already.

She's got better form than half the guys on my department. I bet she would qualify better than them too. :)

Back
Top Bottom