Take the gun lock off and load your gun; better yet - stay in your damn car

Yup... and notice how no mention of race is in that article.

And I'll be the first to say it and get blasted... if this were in MA, Mr Taylor would have been found guilty because the rifle was not loaded and also trigger locked.
Exactly... its almost like they believe you should be able to take in every single aspect of a situation before making the decision to save your own life...

Yup... and notice how no mention of race is in that article.

And I'll be the first to say it and get blasted... if this were in MA, Mr Taylor would have been found guilty because the rifle was not loaded and also trigger locked.

In MA, you need to be killed first before you can legally defend yourself.

The fits is gonna hit the shan with this statement....anti's will have a field day.

"Kentucky no longer requires a permit to carry concealed weapons and does not require guns to be registered."

In that market? Doubt it. Nobody will care. Sadly for pro gun people this will be a 1 day sidebar piece in a paper, and that's the end of it. Although good for the
guy who defended himself, so he can move on with his life.

Lots of states have jettisoned shit gun laws... outside of moonbat enclaves, it's pretty "normal" to not have shit gun laws.

Mr. Taylor 'bout to get sued by Mr. Abell's estate in 3....2....1....
I think all Mr Taylor would need to do to defend himself in civil court is show the picture of Mr Abell pointing his rifle through Taylor's car window.

Every time I read a story like this, I get closer and closer to buying a USCCA policy.

Mr. Taylor 'bout to get sued by Mr. Abell's estate in 3....2....1....

This myth of frequent civil suits after an SD shooting needs to die a horrible death. It's uncommonly rare. Some states SD laws even
explicitly block it under certain circumstances. Also as a matter of "gating", it depends on how much Mr. Taylor is worth. Apparently he used a
Taurus. No offense to Mr. Taylor, but I doubt any ambulance chaser is going to get hot and bothered about the net worth of a guy who carries a taurus on the
reg. No big prize = no lawsuit, or at least not one without the dead guy's family paying money up front. The net worth of the target is a huge impediment to
these lawsuits getting legs.

Jeez, of all the stupid ways to end up dead. Pointing a rifle that you KNOW is not only unloaded but also locked, at a total stranger in a state like KY (#12 in gun ownership), over a fender bender while being photographed by someone and having the audio recorded by 911.

I think all Mr Taylor would need to do to defend himself in civil court is show the picture of Mr Abell pointing his rifle through Taylor's car window.

Every time I read a story like this, I get closer and closer to buying a USCCA policy.
Liberals don't look at it like that and I'd say it's going to cost him and that's sad.

This myth of frequent civil suits after an SD shooting needs to die a horrible death. It's uncommonly rare. Some states SD laws even
explicitly block it under certain circumstances. Also as a matter of "gating", it depends on how much Mr. Taylor is worth. Apparently he used a
Taurus. No offense to Mr. Taylor, but I doubt any ambulance chaser is going to get hot and bothered about the net worth of a guy who carries a taurus on the
reg. No big prize = no lawsuit, or at least not one without the dead guy's family paying money up front. The net worth of the target is a huge impediment to
these lawsuits getting legs.

Hey, don't be getting down on us Taurus owners now [laugh] .......I carry a TH9 daily and trust it as much as any other gun I own.....actually more. So far I've put 2000+ rounds through it of various ammo, ball and hollow points and not even a hint of a malfunction....it feeds and fires every time and hits point of aim.
As you can see by the case presented in the OP, Taurus worked just fine when needed.

Being left handed, the TH9 is the most ergonomic fully ambi pistol I've ever held. Eighteen rounds of 9mm (17 in the mag, one in the pipe), DA/SA, butter smooth slide action, hammer fired, adjustable sights, decocker/safety, replaceable back straps and it's as or more accurate than my Glocks or S&Ws.
It doesn't take a gucci gun to kill a bad guy.[smile]

The likelyhood of a civil suit prevailing or even being filed against Mr. Taylor is slim to none.....with great emphasis on none here in Kentucky. We have a very strong castle doctrine and that extends to your car as well. Mr. Taylor was fully justified in his actions under Kentucky law.

In that market? Doubt it. Nobody will care. Sadly for pro gun people this will be a 1 day sidebar piece in a paper, and that's the end of it. Although good for the
guy who defended himself, so he can move on with his life.

Lots of states have jettisoned shit gun laws... outside of moonbat enclaves, it's pretty "normal" to not have shit gun laws.

I agree...not in that state. But nationally with the anti's like Harris, Biden, shimmer, Pelosi...they will use this nationally....

And yes, I think it is great the guy defended himself and the powers that be saw it correctly and did not charge the guy with a made ups crime...

There’s no mention of race so the democrats won’t even pursue it.
I was driving to work one day and I had a guy in a van chasing me because he determined I was driving too fast and cut some people off. He was pissed because he was driving like an ass cutting people off. I was behind him observing and when I got in front of him it rally pissed him off. At a stop light he got out of his van and started toward my car. The light changed he got back in his van, and passed me on a curve with a double line and tried driving me off the road. If I hadn’t put the brakes on I would have hit his passenger front wheel. If I had hit him I wonder what my rights would have been. Is that assault? The reason I know why he was “taking the law into his own hands” is because his phone number was all over his van and I left him a nasty message. I called him again and he answers and continues to tell me what I was doing wrong. Is this assault?

Last edited:
I agree...not in that state. But nationally with the anti's like Harris, Biden, shimmer, Pelosi...they will use this nationally....

And yes, I think it is great the guy defended himself and the powers that be saw it correctly and did not charge the guy with a made ups crime...

I doubt they'd have much to use.....Taylor was sitting in his car with a guy ( recorded on camera ) pointing a rifle in at him. Harris', Biden's, Schumer's and Pelosi's security details would have killed "rifle guy" the second he put it in his hands.

I'd do the same thing if he had pointed it at me. He'd never had made to my vehicle with it......Taylor showed extreme restraint under the circumstances......"rifle guy" showed extreme stupidity......and paid for it as he should have.

I doubt they'd have much to use.....Taylor was sitting in his car with a guy ( recorded on camera ) pointing a rifle in at him. Harris', Biden's, Schumer's and Pelosi's security details would have killed "rifle guy" the second he put it in his hands.

I'd do the same thing if he had pointed it at me. He'd never had made to my vehicle with it......Taylor showed extreme restraint under the circumstances......"rifle guy" showed extreme stupidity......and paid for it as he should have.
agreed, they'd be looking at the constitutional carry part where you do not need a license to get a gun.

Just my opinion. They use anything to push their anti-gun anti- American agenda.

Back
Top Bottom