• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Take my money! Remington 870 DM (detachable magazine)

So Remington makes a detacheable mag shotgun... Probably about 10 years too late. Also looks like 6rd mags. Hope they come out with 10rd mags to make it worth it.

The saiga 12 is better..

Last edited:
I am interested...have to say it looks funny. Like just took a normal 870 and retrofit a magwell...doesn't flow well. Won't stop me but will wait a bit...

Actually would these even be MA legal? Considering a post 7/20 Saiga 12 isn't.

Last edited:
ok so what do they charge for the little adapter they bolted to the bottom of the 870....want to impress me make it both tube fed and mag fed.
again a little to late IMHO...cool and all but as posted i like the Saiga and AR looking shotguns better.

I just had to take a part old Remi ... my guess it would be royal bitch to clean, strip and troubleshoot. Get a Saiga.

I am interested...have to say it looks funny. Like just took a normal 870 and retrofit a magwell...doesn't flow well. Won't stop me but will wait a bit...

Actually would these even be MA legal? Considering a post 7/20 Saiga 12 isn't.

I don't see why not. Its a pump-action. Manual operation allows for ducking a good chunk of the MA bullshit.

it's the same overall size as a pump 870 but requires magazines too. another issue is the wide variability in 12g ammo dimensions. a tube allows for different length rounds but the magazine will be intrinsically pickier.

to me even a modern produced pump 870 is out of the question due to horrific production quality. now add magazines to the mix and it's a big no-thank-you.

it's the same overall size as a pump 870 but requires magazines too. another issue is the wide variability in 12g ammo dimensions. a tube allows for different length rounds but the magazine will be intrinsically pickier.

to me even a modern produced pump 870 is out of the question due to horrific production quality. now add magazines to the mix and it's a big no-thank-you.
Was my first question! Does the mag take 3 inch shells? My reason for loving a good pump action shotgun is the ability to use 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells.

Also.....Remy is having trouble as of late.....rumors of bankruptcy.....piss poor quality lately too......isn't this a last ditch effort at driving some sales?

A hard pass on this one.

Was my first question! Does the mag take 3 inch shells? My reason for loving a good pump action shotgun is the ability to use 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells.

Also.....Remy is having trouble as of late.....rumors of bankruptcy.....piss poor quality lately too......isn't this a last ditch effort at driving some sales?

A hard pass on this one.

I have a feeling this one is getting kicked out the door, all corner's cut.

Oh cool, another shotgun I am not that interested in!

81348X_REM_870_DM_SYN_TACT_12ga_CYL_BS_TAC14_right.jpg

Back
Top Bottom