• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Take a Training Class

O.K. been at this a few years. Started with pistol, found out I shoot rifle better, and then fell in love with Trap. Got a few pointers with rifle, so I got pretty good. Got a LOT of pointers with Trap and fell in love with it. Got/are pretty damn good with it, (due to the pointers and a score keeping system. Highly competitive) but my pistol shooting was mediocre at best on a good day. I could put them on paper at 25 yards, but the grouping was like watching 2 new families meet at a wedding. Yeah a few connected, but the rest headed to seperate bars.

I support small business owners and would rather you try them first. But a friend is making me take some classes at Sig Sauer Academy. Just so we can take advantage of a guest teacher coming up.

Holy Crap. With about 4 pointers I can actually shoot a pistol without embaressing myself. "Hole drill" (shoot the paper then attempt 4 shots in the same hole) worked for me. Proper stance, presenting firearm, and follow through actually works. Hitting steel consistently at 40+ yards works. Who the hell knew the left hand is more important than the right (for righties). What the hell is reset? Double taps, bring em on. Malfunctions, I welcome them now.

PLEASE, if you want to shoot well. Spend the money on a lesson. It is SO worth it.

Absolutely. I found out about the left hand support importance accidentally when I decided to shoot left handed and shot considerably better. The difference was that my right hand support was better. I transferred this to my right hand shooting and tightened my grouping up nicely. I plan on taking a course soon so I can become a better shooter.

Back
Top Bottom