• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tactical Training

My Son and I have been actively shooting handguns for years, we both have our LTC and I have prior military experiance from the
late 70's early 80's.
We would like to move from plinking to the next level of how to handle ourselves from a tacticle standpoint, competing on coarses and or
home protection as well as self defense with handguns.

Any suggestions.

We just want to do more with our love for weapons

Check out any/all of the following:

- NRA Personal Protection in the Home - some good shooting drills, but much more on how not to set yourselves up as "food", legal issues to consider (lots of info MA specific), etc. I give this course in Mansfield MA . . . ran it last weekend but unlikely to do another one until the end of Winter.
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home - I plan to get certified to teach this one as well (Irene killed the planned instructor class dates) and will probably run it in the Spring. From what I understand you must have taken PPIH prior to taking this one, but I'm not 100% on this yet.
- Check out the offerings by www.neshooters.com Jim runs a lot of good tactical training, some with internationally known instructors.
- Check with S&W Academy. No idea what they offer, but they might have something in your neck of the woods.

Sig Academy in Epping NH
look at Pistol 101,102,103 for learning from the ground up to drawing from concealment. after that they offer just about everything you could ask for from their long range pistol to their force on force to bullets on vehicles. taken close to 2 dozen courses and have yet to walk away disappointed.
http://www.sigsaueracademy.com/Courses/

Take a good look at the NEShooters Summit scheduled for spring 2012. You'll get 2 days with an assortment of top instructors. The training will not only be great (and a bargain) in itself, but it will give you a good idea of who you want to spend more time and money training with in the future.

Ken

The IDPA competitions are alot of fun, I just completed an intro course at the goal headquarters!! Check it out!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom