Tactical Sunglasses with prescription for EDC?

Hi there,
I need an eyeglass prescription ... but I want to keep the glasses a bit tactical looking (and rugged of course).
I have a small head (56cm/22'). It is even a challenge to find sunglasses for my head size ... but quite discreet tactical looking glasses for every day carry ... I need suggests from professionals ;-)
It should not be too noticeable, that everyone is always staring at me).
Yeah yeah ... I want it tactical looking because I'm peacocky ... you got me :)
I don't know if that kind of glasses exists ... but I hope for the best!
Have a great day!

Praytell what makes a pair of glasses "tactical"? Can they be used as some type of weapon?

Now you have me wondering if my sunglasses are too noticeable and endangering my suitability with the chief.

Hit your local optometrist shops, pick out a frame you want and have the prescription filled for the frame with Solar lenses. These change from regular clear glass to sunglasses when exposed to sunlight.

this is my buddy carlos, a real operator. he rocks these. he's currently on assignment somewhere in central america.

26-Stylish-Seniors-Who-Dont-Wear-Old-People-Clothes-22-720x1081.jpg

So a pair of peacocky discreet tactical EDC sunglasses for a tiny man. You're looking for Oakleys.

you can get Ray Ban prescription sunglasses through great eyeglasses.com. recently bought some of their non rayban sunglasses and for $65 i think they're awesome

Praytell what makes a pair of glasses "tactical"? Can they be used as some type of weapon?
Not sure what "tactical" means in this context, but if "wraparound" be advised what's available to you can depend on your prescription.

Years ago, I went to the optometrist looking for prescription wraparounds I could wear on a mountain bike. He told me my problem is my options were limited, due to my prescription (astigmatism correction being included). He found something from Rudy Project that worked for me, though they're less wraparound than cat's-eye-on-an-angle. [laugh]

I'm wearing them here:
18125784709_e5ce138b17_o.jpg

Edit: this is either them, or a model that's mighty close:
Horus Rx

They have a bunch of others on the site now, so I'm hoping next trip to the eye doc I can get something new and exciting. The one drawback to these: they sit mighty close to my eyes, so they get sweaty, and the moment I stop pedaling, they fog.

Last edited:
I don't get the problem here.

Go to the optometrist shop. Spend awhile staring at the wall of glasses.

If there's nothing you like, go to the next optometrist shop.

Select the one you want and hand them to the nice optometrist. In a week, like magic, you'll have your sunglasses.

Why would NES know better than you what kind of shades you want, or what fits your little pin-shaped head?

Go to the optometrist shop. Spend awhile staring at the wall of glasses.

If there's nothing you like, go to the next optometrist shop.

The chains, like almost every glasses brand, is owned by Luxotica anyway, but what is in stock does vary a bit.

you can get Ray Ban prescription sunglasses through great eyeglasses.com. recently bought some of their non rayban sunglasses and for $65 i think they're awesome

then Ray Bans are not $65, maybe around $100? Mine ended up being $100, adding in thin lenses, before the 40% discount code.

If you have an astigmatism, make sure the prescription glasses you account for that if you use any sort of red dot.

Wiley-X Saint. Got mine for Rx sunglasses at Hopkinton Vision. And no, you do not have to worry about any of the multi-keystone level markup on glasses going to the bad guys.

I've run ESS eyepro for years, but not with prescription lenses... They apparently do offer some options, but I'm not sure if they have any 'normal' sunglasses. Might be worth checking the link or maybe calling them. Maybe you can find a pair that would double for range and every day wearability. I believe they are a subsidiary of Oakley.

ESS Offers Rx Lens Filling Service in ESS Updates - ESS Eye Pro

This dude looks like he means business, and I’m pretty sure those are prescription...

F0219176-982C-452F-97A7-E6418BB0A712.jpeg

Get a pair of of glasses with those creepy kid toucher transition lenses. People will avoid you and give you a with berth, this gives you the tactical advantage.

Back
Top Bottom