Tactical Skeleton anyone dealt with them?

HarryPottar

NES Member
I've been looking to build a high quality 24inch 223/556.

After a lot of searching, I ordered from Tactical Skelton back on July 02 2018;
Milspec UPPER:
· US made in USA
· T6061 Aluminum
· 1913 picatinny rail flat top
· Milspec
· Forward Assist
· Dust Cover
· slim profile shell deflector
BARREL:
· 24” Heavy Bull Barrel
· 0.875” Stainless Gas Block
· Rifle Length gas tube
· Spiral fluted for maximum heat dissipation
· 1/2x28 muzzle thread pitch
· 1:8 TWIST
· M4 feed ramp
HANDGUARD:
· 15” Super slim keymod Handguard
· Steel Barrel nut
· Anodized
· T-markings on top rail
· Ultra-Light weight
BOLT CARRIER GROUP:
· Nitride Finish
· HPT/MPI Tested and Marked
· 9310 Hardened Steel Bolt
· 17-4 Stainless Steel Firing Pin (Heat treated to H900 Condition)
· 8620 carrier and gas key.
· Hardened extractor S7 tool steel.
· The group comes fully assembled with properly torqued and staked gas key
· Made in the USA
· Comes with Harris 6”-9” adjustable bipod

I upgraded the above bolt carrier group to Nickel Boron.

It arrive while I was in NYC on business Wednesday July 25th. Between the ordering and receipt I had sent 3 email chasing, although the website stated in stock, the build to order, then they told me my upper was in line for test firing..

I opened the package and although nice some issue. The barrel was not threaded, the web site states threaded but the picture looked non threaded. I confirmed via email before I ordered that it was threaded, they assured me it was.

They state Harris bipod but it has a cheap UTG 69s Bipod. I know they test fired it or at least they told me that it was in line for test firing. The bolt carrier group looks used. The rest does not it looks good.

I have emailed them asking for a replacement or full refund, I will update once they respond, fingers crossed they will make it right so I'm not trashing them yet.

Questions;

How to you tell if your bolt carrier group is in fact Nickel Boron, there're no markings.

Anyone had any dealings with this company, good or bad?

tia Harry

Update, although it's Saturday night they responded to my email.

The BCG is most definitely brand new it is only used to test fire the upper prior to shipping.

We have been out of stock on the Harris style bipod for a while that’s the reason we have been shipping the UTG substitute. They are both of comparable value.

We are expecting the bipods to come in stock next week, I could have one of them shipped to you for free with the barrel as compensation.

Looks like they are standing by their product and shipping me the barrel I ordered and the Harris Bipod.

I will update once I have received.

Harry

To close this thread, although I still feel Tactical Skeleton is a small outfit, maybe even a one man startup, they came through.

They acknowledge their error, shipped out a replacement with a shipping label to send the original one back.

They stood by their product and fixed the mistake in a timely fashion, mistakes happen, but it's how they are rectified that make a company. All companies have to start somewhere so I have no issues with this one.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom