• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tactical Scope Suggestion.....

I am looking to purchase a Tactical/Sniper scope for $150 or less.
Can anyone offer a suggestion a scope in this price range.
New/Used is OK with me....

I am looking something that will maintain zero up to 200-300 yards.

Thanks
Q

Check out Primary Arms. Primary Arms scopes are recommended for use on plinking only, but are pretty nice toys. That's about all you'll find in your price range.

I have several Mueller scopes and like them all but i dont have any on any real hard recoil rifles so i dont know if they would hold up on a hard hitter. The heaviest recoiling rifle i have a mueller on is a Thompson Omega BP rifle and it has held up great.

Mueller is decent. It'll be fine for hunting. If you attach it correctly, most scopes will hold zero well. The big difference is clarity. Make sure to get fully multi coated with whatever you get.

Thanks, I wil have a look at the Primary Arms site....

The one I linked you to at WalMart has some decent reviews. I even have one on a Remmington 700 and it's a decent scope for small money. I wasn't putting you down just pointing out that that class of scope was going to cost a whole lot more than $150.

This seems like a good site: http://www.opticsplanet.net/riflescopes-by-price-2.html

Mueller Optics 4.5-14x 40mm AO All Purpose Tactical Riflescope (MT451440) w/ FREE UPS

$169....

Yeah or Neigh....?

it technically should hold up. but i would go with a super sniper, wotac aka falcon menace (google wonder's optics - i have one) or a millet TRS....

these aren't "high end" Nightforce or Leupolds, but they have proven a decent option (subjective / IMO) for the money. -again, if you are just plinking on a budget, i don't see the need to spend over $500 on a scope for a $500-$600 rifle rifle. in my case, a Savage 10 in .223.

however, if you are planing on doing some more serious shooting, save your money. i built my Savage for less than $1k and it shoots sub-MOA @ 100 yards with crap ammo. i am not saavy on the .270's ballistics so i can't comment on that though

check out the reviews on sniper central too. they review scopes...

Back
Top Bottom