• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tactical Rifle Match at Pelham Next Week

I plan on being there... figure it would be a good chance to try a match with a carbine- AR with iron sights. I'll probaby do terrible but as long as it's fun.

I'm planning on shooting it too.
Mike, did you finally get the Millet 1-4X scope?

I did and its a nice scope for the money. The only issue is the illuminated dot washes out in the bright sun. So if you are transitioning from a sunny to shaded target, the circle and dot change from red to black.

The required equipment says a sling is required. I don't have one. Is the sling required while shooting or while transporting from stage to stage?

Last edited:
Thanks!

That's what I thought. Generally speaking, would all steel-core penetrate/damage poppers, even if it is not designated AP?

Thanks!

That's what I thought. Generally speaking, would all steel-core penetrate/damage poppers, even if it is not designated AP?

Depends on what steel the target is made of.

5.56 SS109 won't touch 1/2 inch Hardox 500 steel.

I did and its a nice scope for the money. The only issue is the illuminated dot washes out in the bright sun. So if you are transitioning from a sunny to shaded target, the circle and dot change from red to black.

The required equipment says a sling is required. I don't have one. Is the sling required while shooting or while transporting from stage to stage?

Mike,
I'll toss an extra sling in my bag.

Match may be cancelled - TAKE NOTE!

Okay, everyone interested in this match please take note!

The weather is going to suck to the point where we may have to cancel this. The forecast is for snow and rain. I was at the range last weekend doing some early setup, and it was marginal. With all the rain we've had this week, and no real time for it to freeze up, I am concerned for the safety of our competitors (and my staff).

Please go to www.pelhamfishandgame.com before you leave to come. I will make a call before Friday evening at 6 PM.

-Paul DiMarco
Match Director
Cell: 603-490-7653

Back
Top Bottom