Tactical Gear Thread: Lets see your Body Armor, BOB, Vests, Warbelts, IFAK Kits, etc.

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Recommendations for a quality "entry" level belt and OWB holster? Looking for something that will be comfortable with a carrier and I can use at the range for practice etc.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’m buying plates and a carrier. I’m totally nuts considering I’ll never use it, and if I were to truly need it I’d probably be killed before putting it on.

I didn’t mean what I said as a dig, just we all have different levels of what we consider acceptable prices.
Totally nuts until it saves your tail. And it must give you some measure of peace of mind. Just another form of insurance you’d rather have and not need than vice versa.

Oh I know it wasn’t a dig. And I’d take it constructively if it was. I’ve become a lot more zen about my own eccentricity and the bewildering effect it has on most people. I just don’t bother explaining to those types any longer. They’re going to think what they’re going to think. I share here in case it helps someone of similar mind. That comms compatibility thing took me a while to figure out. Going to post my IFAK recipe here soon, too, along the same vein.

That reminds me, we need a 2A/shooters word equivalent to “muggles” in Harry Potter terms. Aside from “sheep”.

Recommendations for a quality "entry" level belt and OWB holster? Looking for something that will be comfortable with a carrier and I can use at the range for practice etc.
I wear an Ares Aegis Enhanced with custom engraving for bit more. Used it every time I've worn pants for two years and been very happy.

Last edited:

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm using HSGI. Note the riggers belt is separate.

I'm also using Bladetech for mounts with Bladetech and Rhino Concealment holsters.

BostonVI

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The 5.11 is used by some police departments. The bonus of it is that you can wear the carrier without any pouches, slap on some Crossfit patches, and get away with running/exercising with it on in public to get in shape for the weight of your plates.
This was how I justified picking up a TacTec last year. Doesn't look too out of place at a CF/MMA gym, and running a set of weighted Rogue plates makes my Hescos feel that much lighter.

For the cost you can get an arguably much better carrier, but the price can be right if you wait for the right deal (Labor day, Black Friday, etc). If I had a JPC I don't think I'd be doing pull-ups and burpees in it though.

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ya that HSGI is more what I'm talking about. Have a few decent leather gunbelts. Looking for something a little more versatile and tacticool.

I'm not even sure what I mean by entry level. I just don't want to spend crazy money. I'll probably keep an IFAk and a few pistol(AR?) Mags on the belt. All this talk about comms has me thinking though

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’ve had a GCode belt system for a while and have been happy with it. Not sure if it’s entry level though.
Contact Series Operator's Belt 1.75"
That paired with some pistol and rifle carriers makes for a solid set up.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ya that HSGI is more what I'm talking about. Have a few decent leather gunbelts. Looking for something a little more versatile and tacticool.

I'm not even sure what I mean by entry level. I just don't want to spend crazy money. I'll probably keep an IFAk and a few pistol(AR?) Mags on the belt. All this talk about comms has me thinking though
I've been using the HSGI for a number of years and I've found no reason to try anything else.

I also have a very old Eagle that is not as good because it lacks the grippy backing, but is comfortable to wear. I'm not sure if you can get the Eagle anymore.

I'm not a fan of the HSGI Slim. It is ok for range practice, but it is not comfortable to wear for extended periods or a full day of training.

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

I use the Velocity Systems belt for my deployment rig. It’s small and streamlined, but holds everything I need comfortably. A couple mags, a first aid kit, SERE kit, SSE bag, and a holster. I don’t need a thick and tall, super padded belt for that. The Crye belt looks good too, but pricier.

My belt setup for armor-less dismounted operations where I’m carrying a full combat load on my belt.. well that one is padded with suspenders like a modern ALICE setup.

Last edited:

NH_Realtor

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using HSGI. Note the riggers belt is separate.

I'm also using Bladetech for mounts with Bladetech and Rhino Concealment holsters.
I just got one of these too when Primary Arms had them on sale. Gonna rebrand myself as a "tactical assault Realtor".

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
What would you guys recommend in the realm of a paddle holster for a G45 Gen 5 for a Safariland Duty Belt 2.25" width? The paddle holster would be the only holster that fits on this belt and I want to use the belt to mount a bunch of other things. Should I just look for a different belt? I bought it awhile ago used on the forums and I just haven't worked it into my training at all.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve had a GCode belt system for a while and have been happy with it. Not sure if it’s entry level though.
Contact Series Operator's Belt 1.75"
That paired with some pistol and rifle carriers makes for a solid set up.
Thats a nice belt, lets you mount/use anything that will mount with malice clips to esstac's kywi belt loops

The inner belt with the ghook is well thought out

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
View attachment 390402
Finally got everything setup, I’m definitely wearing this tonight during my COD session.
Is this a JPC carrier?

Care to list the model/specs for the carrier as well as the accessories? All-in or individual prices would be helpful too.

What kind of plates are you running?

Maybe a quick description of why you chose what you did and why it’s set up the way it is?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom