Tactical Gear Thread: Lets see your Body Armor, BOB, Vests, Warbelts, IFAK Kits, etc.

Lowbird

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
FYI

Email today from where I've got my plates coming from.

Thank you for your backorder of the Hesco L210 body armor! This email is a quick update on the status of your order.

Over the Labor Day weekend, Hesco experienced slight supply-side delays resulting in our order not being shipped on time. However, we still expect Hesco to be shipping out soon and to have all armor backorders shipped out by the end of the month.

We will keep everyone updated with another email as soon as the armor is on the way!

csobrien

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with the 5.11 Tactec carrier?

Seems to get good reviews. I realized that Rogue Fitness sells them (I guess intended as a sort of very expensive weighted fitness vest?). The Mrs. got me a Rogue gift card for my birthday to go toward the home gym, but money is extra fungible in 2020.

If it's gtg, I can use the saved cash for better plates and some pouches.

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Does anyone have experience with the 5.11 Tactec carrier?

Seems to get good reviews. I realized that Rogue Fitness sells them (I guess intended as a sort of very expensive weighted fitness vest?). The Mrs. got me a Rogue gift card for my birthday to go toward the home gym, but money is extra fungible in 2020.

If it's gtg, I can use the saved cash for better plates and some pouches.
Get what you can afford. If you can only get that, get that.
That said, start budgeting for better gear.

AJK129

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bet there will be a lot of brand new/worn once in the living room gear for sale in 12-18 months
This is why I'll probably wait and see if I can get something used next year and use my BAO carrier for now instead of having a 16 week lead time anyway

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There never really is a flood on the used market. Might be slightly more to pick from, but not a wave by any means.
I guess I should have phrased it differently

Why would the newtown event trigger people to go out and buy tactical gear?

It wouldnt/didnt

Hence no huge market of used gear a few years later.....

atmay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I guess I should have phrased it differently

Why would the newtown event trigger people to go out and buy tactical gear?

It wouldnt/didnt

Hence no huge market of used gear a few years later.....
Tac gear, no....but there certainly was a run on guns and ammo, and a lot of people predicted a glut of NIB or barely used offerings on the used market shortly thereafter.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What are you running?
Ops-Core FAST Super High Cut, AMP comms headset with U174 downlead, and rail mount kit. It'll look like this but black. I dig how it makes good use of the otherwise odd rear/vertical rail and leaves the front/horizontal rail free for a light. Also splurged for the NFMI earplugs; we'll see if they're worth the $250 extra.

Ops-Core.jpg

Ultimately went for ballistic over bump halfway for bulletproofing but primarily for the most rigid/stable platform to mount bino NVGs and ear pro. My hangup was finding a way to adapt military comms for a civilian radio. Then I found this Disco32 PTT to bridge the gap between U174 and my AnyTone 878

Disco32.png

Never played airsoft, paintball, or Call of Duty -- my last FPS was Goldeneye 64. But I'm starting to feel like Grandmaster LARP.

Gotta go -- mom says Bagel Bites are ready.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Before 2020 done f***ed us retarded, you could put together a helmet with comms enabled earpro for 5-600 bucks. I am glad I bought all this shit before the happening happened, because the money people are paying these days is insane.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I can't bring myself to dump $2k on a helmet setup. I'd really like to, but Jesus thats a lot of money for a fancy hat just for comms when you can get a pair of electronic ears that come with a boom and accept a radio input
Don’t forget a stable platform for NODs.

But you’d look cool.
I am glad I bought all this shit before the happening happened, because the money people are paying these days is insane.
We’re all here because we’re not all there. Seriously, some days even I think I’m nuts. But events of the past year have only given me more confidence investing in defensive assets.

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’m buying plates and a carrier. I’m totally nuts considering I’ll never use it, and if I were to truly need it I’d probably be killed before putting it on.

I didn’t mean what I said as a dig, just we all have different levels of what we consider acceptable prices.

Top Bottom