Tactical Gear Thread: Lets see your Body Armor, BOB, Vests, Warbelts, IFAK Kits, etc.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
That's where I'm debating. NODs might help me survive to be old but won't take care of me when I'm old. Though no guarantee kids will either. I'll just hedge bets and do both. Hope GPNVG prices down come out of the atmosphere one day.
LOL. They are incredible to use tho. Binos are a super power, Panos are just unfair.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That's where I'm debating. NODs might help me survive to be old but won't take care of me when I'm old. Though no guarantee kids will either. I'll just hedge bets and do both. Hope GPNVG prices down come out of the atmosphere one day.
Buy nods, you will figure out the kid thing. If you wait, you will never buy them.
LOL. They are incredible to use tho. Binos are a super power, Panos are just unfair.
Even I can't tell if I'm kidding any more.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Polling the audience on Ops-Core FAST: recommendations when deciding between high cut or super high cut? They're projecting max 16 weeks for delivery. Time to get in line.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
IMG_2095.JPG

Fast-tracking my loadout in case the months after November show shortage, restrictive legislation, or both; I'm betting on civil unrest. I got a JPC 2.0, chose black for SHTF and an urban environment rather than woods. Plates are shipped. Next are a helmet now and then DTNVGs in a couple months. For the helmet I'm going all out: Ops-Core SF and matching Amp ear pro with rail mount kit. Just hammering down color before committing a lot more money.

I recently learned black stands out best under IR. Oops. I knew it doesn't excel as camo in any environment. But it does something psychologically that others don't and I'm more likely to rely on deterrence by maximizing show of force rather than minimizing IR profile and skulking through woods. Also easy to find matching attachments, and it's never going away. And my lazy side would rather not commit to the no-black approach because of all the guns I'd have to paint.

Sticking to options available both in this helmet and this carrier, there's also coyote brown/tan or multicam. I probably won't be wearing it in the woods but the other side of that psychology coin is how a jury might view those as less "intense." My biggest holdout on multicam is whether some other pattern will be the preference one day.

So would you proceed with black, start over with coyote/multi, or just wear a pink polo shirt like dude in St. Louis yesterday? Anything else I should be considering?

Ebp0Jd-WoAEVsOU.jpeg

Last edited:

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
f*** it, I'd roll with it for now, order another if the color bothers you and ride out the wait for it to come in. Then sell it.

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
View attachment 369176

Fast-tracking my loadout in case the months after November show shortage, restrictive legislation, or both; I'm betting on civil unrest. I got a JPC 2.0, chose black for SHTF and an urban environment rather than woods. Plates are shipped. Next are a helmet now and then DTNVGs in a couple months. For the helmet I'm going all out: Ops-Core SF and matching Amp ear pro with rail mount kit. Just hammering down color before committing a lot more money.
The only reason id look at multicam, RG or CB over black is crye is probably pumping out more in mil colors than they are black, so you may get it sooner.

jasonj84

NES Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I need to set up a battle belt, but I can't decide which platform I want to run, both rifle and pistol. This is the "First World Problems" thread, right? Plus my PC is multicam. Do I buy everything in Multicam? I am bad at color coordination. Maybe I should ask my wife.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I need to set up a battle belt, but I can't decide which platform I want to run, both rifle and pistol. This is the "First World Problems" thread, right? Plus my PC is multicam. Do I buy everything in Multicam? I am bad at color coordination. Maybe I should ask my wife.
Black goes with everything and has a slimming effect.

Queen Bee

NES Member
Rating - 70%
14   6   0
I don't really like the black PC stuff, it sticks out in all but night time enviorments.

If i was only ever going urban it would be grey. But since there are plenty of highways and wooded forests next to them on either side...

When these damn plates from saber ever come in, i am going ranger green, OD something instead to it will blend into the woods when hiking same with the rifles getting sprayed a green color.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Has anyone used a SiOnyx personally?
I have, the more expensive model. It is pretty cool for getting sweet video of night larps, but needed an IR illuminator to get anything more then 15 feet away and was useless for anything other then that, regardless of all the social media posts of them putting them on rifles and helmet mounts. The one I was using would auto record when you brought it to your eye, which I thought was neat, but I am not sure how it would work on like a tripod for catching those sweet IG 1R1 vids.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have, the more expensive model. It is pretty cool for getting sweet video of night larps, but needed an IR illuminator to get anything more then 15 feet away and was useless for anything other then that, regardless of all the social media posts of them putting them on rifles and helmet mounts. The one I was using would auto record when you brought it to your eye, which I thought was neat, but I am not sure how it would work on like a tripod for catching those sweet IG 1R1 vids.
+1 Glorified IR handheld camera for the #poors

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Digital advantages:
  • lower cost
  • color image
  • easy HUD integration with GPS or compass
  • already run through a processor and can easily take photo/video
  • no ITAR restrictions
Digital disadvantages:
  • WAY less sensitive, requiring more ambient light or illumination
  • processor lag time (unacceptable for driving or firing at moving target)
  • shorter battery life
Some gripe about our special forces using 100-year-old tech that's not even used in TVs any more (CRT) but they don't realize it's still the better than any alternative in combat. Maybe digital will overcome those hurdles some day.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I was looking for something just for my yard (6 acres). So minimal LARP range required and I already have IR floods on property so thats not an issue. If I bought a PVS14 it wouldn't get uused enough to justify the money. It def would NOT be mounted on a rifle.

AllaSnackbah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
From a friend:

The Sionyx is pretty neat, it’s not an NVG though. It has lag, lag that is noticed when mounted on a helmet. It also has the typical drawbacks of a digital camera where they are easily washed out with bright light, so where I could see my laser inside the beam of my MAWL illuminator on long range at 30m with my PVS-14, I can’t with the Sionyx. It’s great for just recording shit at night while you shoot, it’s not an NVG, and it sure as shit isn’t durable enough to be one. My first one fell about 2 feet and broke. They made it right (but that was a hassle) so now I have a pro that should be here tomorrow as my replacement for my original. Air soft mofos will swear they are fine for helmet mounted and have no lag on the right settings, I’ve mirrored their settings they recommend, the lag is still there

TLDR; for the poors

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This.

These guys are right here in Salem, I would bet they actually have plates in stock, and you can actually see what you are buying instead of trusting man-childs on the internet. Body Armor Outlet
Never heard of them before, but I purchased from them today, super helpful. They had some level IV plates in stock. Thanks.

Edit: Ordered 1100, shipped 1430. Love good customer service, only way it could get any better is if they throw in a sticker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom