Tactical Gear Thread: Lets see your Body Armor, BOB, Vests, Warbelts, IFAK Kits, etc.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The battle belt thread and all the discussion it brought about had me thinking that it would be cool to have a thread dedicated to the "tactical" gear-queer crowd. Being a huge bag-fag myself i think it would be cool to have a thread where everybody could compare, review, and discuss all the gear out there. I refuse to believe we have a 42 page AR15 picture thread and nobody has a plate carrier or a bug out bag. So post up your gear, what has/has not worked for you? Where do you use it? How do you use it? etc.

Ill start off with my backpack just to get it rolling:

TAD fastpack litespeed, I've had this for a few years now and what an awesome bag for pretty much anything. I have a source 2L hydration bladder in it and various day hiking gear. I take it hiking, to the range, camping, pretty much anywhere.

Lets see what you have guys.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Shellback Banshee
LTC Ceramic Level IV Stand-alone plates
SKD Elastic Cummerbund
IFAK Double Pistol
Have TAG triple M4 shingle, with triple pistol, and kangaroo pouch mag carrier for when carrying a rifle.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
anybody running IFAK kits on they're PC's/belts? still in the infant stages of setting mine up if anybody can post any info that'd be useful it'd be appreciated

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
or, B, etc.

In my IFAK: Quickclot z-fold gauze, Israeli bandage, Cat-Tq, NPA, Chest seal, Decompression needle.
Another TQ on the rifle stock.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is my PC

USMC IMTV PC with front, rear, and side SAPI plates, thats all i know, i can't figure out the brand of my PC. Anybody know how i can figure it out? I got the PC used a few years back. Later got the plates from a dealer here.

On the front:
Tac tailor triple mag pouch up front
Tac Tailor Admin
Tac Tailor multi-tool pouch with a multitasked AR tool inside

On the back:
Tac Tailor hydration back with a source hydration bladder

feel free to critique my setup, any advice is awesome. trying to keep it as simple as i can really.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Allah - whats on your belt? How does it play with the PC? What's in your admin pouch and does it get in the way of your mags?

Went up to check out the battle belt fiasco thread. My only suggestion is to move the weak-side taco up in front of your pistol - that way you can still reach with your regular loading hand if needed - it takes practice to learn where it is and work the hardware.

Oh and get a dump pouch.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Allah - whats on your belt? How does it play with the PC? What's in your admin pouch and does it get in the way of your mags?
here is my belt, it works great with the PC, everything is very easy to get to especially since i keep the sides of the PC bare. i keep my admin pretty minimalist. i have a lighter, some extra batteries, some extra ear plugs, a pen and some sharpies, and sometimes ill put a tax stamp for my class 3 stuff in there. it doesn't get in the way, the tt admin pouch is pretty low profile, when you tighten up the draw cord its only about 1/2" thick.

Derek33

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I run an ares gear Ranger belt. I dislike kit on my belt line so I use a G code mule and an hsgi costa leg rig. The 1911 holster is G code and then m&p holster I made myself. I also have a maxpedition rolypoly dump pouch rigged up to a tek lok belt clip.

Next is a tag banshee plate carrier with ar500 plates and soft armor. I unstiched the outer flap.

I run an ares gear silencer kit. And a Haley strategic d3cr. The plate carrier can be run slick or with the d3cr very simply.

Derek

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Derek33

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks. I have almost as much fun organizing and building my kit / holsters as I do using them.

I don't get to use them often cause I get a lot of flak from some people when they find im not leo, mil, or a veteran. For whatever reason most people think it's only acceptable to have a kit if you fill that criteria.

Holsters are relatively easy to make. Making them well, and effective just takes some practice. Every now and then I'll make some holsters and sell them to help with the costs. But the ability to make a holster for any new gun you have is very convenient. Most companies have a 4+ week wait period. It helps to in regards to finding the type of platform that works best for you.

Here's a few

Derek

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Derek33

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Running with the AR and a 12ga? Can you actually get your mags out with stuff stacked like that?

The mags come out fairly easy with the removal of the retention cord. Also, emergency reload mags are on the leg rig.

12 gauge tag is there just to fill the spot. Havent found a dedicated use for the stuff-it pouch.

Top Bottom