Tactical boots

Anyone wear 5.11 boots? I heard they are very comfortable and durable.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I've been wearing wellco desert boots and they are solid but don't have a lot of cushion. I work security at a psych facility so my feet take a beating everyday for 8+ hours. Anyone know of a tactical boot with plenty of support and cushion?

My dad gave me a pair of Marine desert boots because supply gave him 2 extra pairs a few years ago, I think they are Belleville's. Those are what I operate in when I am fantasizing about being tactical.

I'm currently using a pair of 5.11 waterproof TACLITE 8". Been wearing them for about 2 months now, very comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

http://www.511tactical.com/waterproof-taclite-8-boot.html

This.
I've had mine for about 6 months. Zero break in. Waterproof and steel toe.

Saved my foot from a 1700lb battery. That would have been a bad day.

I didn't buy them to be super mall ninja. Picked them up because they were 50%off. Having tested them. I would definitely buy a pair at full price if I needed to.

Danners, the gtx military boots, or the pronghorn hunting/hiking boot.

For ultra lightweight tactical crossfit operations I like solomon trail running shoes. they make killy hiking style boots too.

I been wearing the Voodoo tactical 6 in boots for about two years now. Very comfortable and light. Almost like a hiking boot. Not water proof but I have never had Mich problem. I wear them all winter. They are still going and pretty cheap.

Note on the 511 tacticool boots: Almost all of them come with silent soles which will wear faster than a hiking/work boot. Still worth it to me. As mentioned above mine arrived soft and didn't need breakin.

I wear Danner TFX, especially since Army is cracking down on boots that don't meet the reg. I also have some Lowa boots and hikers for non uniform days, but people are starting to complain their quality is starting to decline. Nike, Oakley, and a lot of the other sneaker boots are super light and look cool, but fall apart pretty quick.

I wear Danner TFX, especially since Army is cracking down on boots that don't meet the reg. I also have some Lowa boots and hikers for non uniform days, but people are starting to complain their quality is starting to decline. Nike, Oakley, and a lot of the other sneaker boots are super light and look cool, but fall apart pretty quick.

That's what I have the TFX. Love those boots.

i got a really good deal on these danner descenders that i have, like 54 bucks shipped. stitching is coming out, the tongue is tearing on one, and i already replaced the laces. took forever to break in, too. would not buy them again but am going to wear them until they fall apart completely.

i got a really good deal on these danner descenders that i have, like 54 bucks shipped. stitching is coming out, the tongue is tearing on one, and i already replaced the laces. took forever to break in, too. would not buy them again but am going to wear them until they fall apart completely.
I don't know if it's worth it for $54 dollar boots, but Danner offers refurbishing services. I'll probably have my TFXs resoled when they wear down since the uppers are so broken in.

Back
Top Bottom