Tackling Gun Violence Panelist Discussion- WBUR 90.9 (local public radio) - tonight, 3/11 at 6:30

Didn’t see this posted. There’s going to be a “panel discussion” broadcast tonight with Gov. Baker, Speaker DeLeo, A.G. Healy and more .......

Storyline - Massachusetts has the lowest firearm death and disability rate in the continental U.S. This is the result of a set of policies that were implemented by a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers, working with local advocates and researchers to develop best practices that can set an example for the country. In partnership with WBUR CitySpace, the Boston University School of Public Health and The Boston Globe, senior correspondent and host Deborah Becker will moderate a discussion exploring how Massachusetts has achieved this and what we can learn from the state.

Anyone want to guess how the discussion will go without a single panelist in favor of gun rights?!

Link below:

SOLD OUT - Tackling Gun Violence

Panelists include:

• Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts
  • Robert A. DeLeo, Speaker of the Massachusetts House, Massachusetts House of Representatives
  • Sandro Galea, Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor, Boston University School of Public Health
  • Maura Healey, Massachusetts Attorney General
  • Nestor Ramos, Columnist, The Boston Globe
  • John Rosenthal, Chair, Stop Handgun Violence
  • Vikiana Petit-Homme, Boston Latin Academy, March for Our Lives Student-Activist
  • Sam Zeif, Marjory Stoneman Douglas Parkland High School Alum

I’m sure this will be an honest and two sided discussion of a real ‘problem’

I’m sure this will be an honest and two sided discussion of a real ‘problem’
The topic is promoting the Massachusetts firearm prohibition model, with all participants in agreement. The panel is comprised of exclusively of disarmament enthusiasts and hosted by a staunchly firearm prohibitionist media source.

It will be ataboys all around and laments about being hampered by the "other."

Each of them (even the professor) is a self-proclaimed expert on gun violence. They may know how to ban guns but they don't know how to stop violence.

Last time I watched one of these it was about hunting in blue hills- the person I was with was extremely interested in the topic. The anti-hunting guy spouted stats like "bullets can travel 2 miles, this is extremely dangerous, you could shoot downtown matapan!" meanwhile the opposition sat in silence and then talked gun safety and didn't call the bullshit that you can't hunt deer with a rifle in Milton- its shotgun only.

How do you have a panel discussion when everyone agrees?

Jon Rosenthal is such a piece of shit. Any chance I have to shit on him I'll take. I've met him a couple times, apart from his losing personality I watched him in a moderated debate with Alan Gura at my law school. He was unable to make a coherent argument and did nothing but spout off political talking points. That's fine and all... except at one point he just started insulting Alan Gura, his intelligence, etc. It was unbelievable. Even the objectively anti-gun people in the room were somewhat taken aback. The guy just is trying to buy his way into importance and is a piece of shit.

Maura Healey loves him for his money, like any good politician. She came in to discuss her AW edict, somehow Jon Rosenthal who had zero connection to BC was invited, and better yet after the first 3 questions she got which were all clearly not what she was hoping for, rather than call on another student (dozens with hands raised) she calls on Jon Rosenthal... who proceeds to mock those of us who asked her difficult questions and then go on a rant for the majority of the remainder of the time for questions. Literally buys his way ahead of line of students at a school event... students who were paying $60K/year to attend the school no less

/rant

A panel of ‘safety experts’ that couldn’t recite the 4 rules of gun safety if their lives depended on it.

The only reason MA has a low death rate per capita is excellent hospitals and a smaller pool of gang members compared to other densely populated states.

CA has the same or worse laws and look at their crime rate.

Jon Rosenthal is such a piece of shit. Any chance I have to shit on him I'll take. I've met him a couple times, apart from his losing personality I watched him in a moderated debate with Alan Gura at my law school. He was unable to make a coherent argument and did nothing but spout off political talking points. That's fine and all... except at one point he just started insulting Alan Gura, his intelligence, etc. It was unbelievable. Even the objectively anti-gun people in the room were somewhat taken aback. The guy just is trying to buy his way into importance and is a piece of shit.

He actually debated Alan Gura? you've gotta be shitting me. The tape of that is liable to show Rosenthal in an extremely bad light... usually Rosenthal only shows up where he gets to control most of the variables or he has some other moonbat screening the calls, etc, so as to keep the softball "debate" coming, etc.

Maura Healey loves him for his money, like any good politician. She came in to discuss her aw edict somehow Jon Rosenthal who had zero connection to BC was invited,
and better yet after the first 3 questions she got which were all clearly not what she was hoping for, rather than call on another student (dozens with hands raised) she calls on Jon Rosenthal... who proceeds to mock those of us who asked her difficult questions and then go on a rant for the majority of the remainder of the time for questions. Literally buys his way ahead of line of students at a school event... students who were paying $60K/year to attend the school no less

IMHO someone who is part of the anti gun cabal (eg, the group of silent democrat backers etc that pick the AG) in MA is probably associated with BC and invited the turd. Usually these turds all swim around in the same bowl and attend the same events, etc. Lots of "cross-pollination" so to speak.

If you could find a tape of these clowns in action this would be pretty useful, in terms of proving just what pieces of human garbage they really are.

-Mike

Last edited:
I wonder if they will have any armed protection. Naw, it must be a GFZ given what a great job they're doing.

circle-jerk gun confiscation party said:
Massachusetts has the lowest firearm death and disability rate in the continental U.S. This is the result of a set of policies that were implemented by a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers, working with local advocates and researchers to develop best practices that can set an example for the country.

Ha!

Massachusetts' murder rate is more than *double* that of New Hampshire, which has the fewest gun laws in the country.

Ha!

Massachusetts' murder rate is more than *double* that of New Hampshire, which has the fewest gun laws in the country.
and a few other states. I am sure they are open to a two way debate and to answer some tough questions. LOL yea, right. One way street is all this is.

If you could find a tape of these clowns in action this would be pretty useful, in terms of proving just what pieces of human garbage they really are.

I watched Rosenthal have a melt down in the State House when pepper spray was legalized again. He had news cameras around him. If I had a cell phone with video capability at the time it would have been recorded.

McQuilcken is the only other cabal member out in public and that’s really from being Cheryl Jacques’ aide.

The rest hide behind attorneys, lobbyists, and bundlers.

Probably because of the AG favors they’ve rigged protecting business interests.

I watched Rosenthal have a melt down in the State House when pepper spray was legalized again. He had news cameras around him. If I had a cell phone with video capability at the time it would have been recorded.

McQuilcken is the only other cabal member out in public and that’s really from being Cheryl Jacques’ aide.

The rest hide behind attorneys, lobbyists, and bundlers.

Probably because of the AG favors they’ve rigged protecting business interests.

That's like huge proof of what a hypocritical, massive piece of shit he really is- if he's complaining about a non-lethal defense tool being legalized. It's pretty obvious he doesn't care about "gun violence" but just wants to disarm everyone because he's afraid of the "little people" having control over their own safety.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom