1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Tackling Gun Violence Panelist Discussion- WBUR 90.9 (local public radio) - tonight, 3/11 at 6:30

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chargogg, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Chargogg

Chargogg NES Member

Didn’t see this posted. There’s going to be a “panel discussion” broadcast tonight with Gov. Baker, Speaker DeLeo, A.G. Healy and more .......

Storyline - Massachusetts has the lowest firearm death and disability rate in the continental U.S. This is the result of a set of policies that were implemented by a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers, working with local advocates and researchers to develop best practices that can set an example for the country. In partnership with WBUR CitySpace, the Boston University School of Public Health and The Boston Globe, senior correspondent and host Deborah Becker will moderate a discussion exploring how Massachusetts has achieved this and what we can learn from the state.

Anyone want to guess how the discussion will go without a single panelist in favor of gun rights?!

Link below:

SOLD OUT - Tackling Gun Violence

Panelists include:

• Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts
    • Robert A. DeLeo, Speaker of the Massachusetts House, Massachusetts House of Representatives
    • Sandro Galea, Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor, Boston University School of Public Health
    • Maura Healey, Massachusetts Attorney General
    • Nestor Ramos, Columnist, The Boston Globe
    • John Rosenthal, Chair, Stop Handgun Violence
    • Vikiana Petit-Homme, Boston Latin Academy, March for Our Lives Student-Activist
    • Sam Zeif, Marjory Stoneman Douglas Parkland High School Alum

2. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member

I’m sure this will be an honest and two sided discussion of a real ‘problem’

3. barnabus

barnabus NES Member

4. jpk

jpk

its a circle jerk

Horrible, PeterC, DitchDigger and 8 others like this.
  5. ProGun

ProGun NES Member

I'd sooner go to the dentist and request all my teeth be pulled one by one, than listen to that. [puke2]

Shark_Cage and xjma99 like this.
  6. DispositionMatrix

DispositionMatrix NES Member

The topic is promoting the Massachusetts firearm prohibition model, with all participants in agreement. The panel is comprised of exclusively of disarmament enthusiasts and hosted by a staunchly firearm prohibitionist media source.

It will be ataboys all around and laments about being hampered by the "other."

7. nordic alien

nordic alien

daisy chain: they will all attached at the rear

8. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

9. DPR

DPR

Each of them (even the professor) is a self-proclaimed expert on gun violence. They may know how to ban guns but they don't know how to stop violence.

andrew1220 likes this.
  10. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

With Baker being the pivot man. Jack.

Boston4567, Shark_Cage and sieveboy like this.
  11. Drix

Drix

Last time I watched one of these it was about hunting in blue hills- the person I was with was extremely interested in the topic. The anti-hunting guy spouted stats like "bullets can travel 2 miles, this is extremely dangerous, you could shoot downtown matapan!" meanwhile the opposition sat in silence and then talked gun safety and didn't call the bullshit that you can't hunt deer with a rifle in Milton- its shotgun only.

12. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

Nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Boston4567, SERE, JayMcB and 3 others like this.
  13. Penniepup1

Penniepup1 NES Member

They will all walk out with fictional solutions with many pats on each other’s arse’s.

andrew1220 likes this.
  14. allen-1

allen-1 NES Member

I see your wretched hive of scum and villainy, (lovely quote BTW, stealing that),
    and raise you the Congress of the United States of America - an awesomely wretched hive of scum and villainy.

timbo likes this.
  15. nordic alien

nordic alien

16. Path-Finder

Path-Finder

Where's the citation for Mass having the lowest firearm death and disability rate? I find that hard to believe.

andrew1220 likes this.
  17. Salyeica

Salyeica NES Member

18. StevieP

StevieP NES Member

How do they even consider a panel discussion so one-sided? Where's the invite to GOAL, Comm2A, or an invitation to anyone who, you know, may have actually seen or even touched or shot a gun once or twice in their life?

What a sham.

MachineHead, andrew1220 and crazymjb like this.
  19. crazymjb

crazymjb

How do you have a panel discussion when everyone agrees?

Jon Rosenthal is such a piece of shit. Any chance I have to shit on him I'll take. I've met him a couple times, apart from his losing personality I watched him in a moderated debate with Alan Gura at my law school. He was unable to make a coherent argument and did nothing but spout off political talking points. That's fine and all... except at one point he just started insulting Alan Gura, his intelligence, etc. It was unbelievable. Even the objectively anti-gun people in the room were somewhat taken aback. The guy just is trying to buy his way into importance and is a piece of shit.

Maura Healey loves him for his money, like any good politician. She came in to discuss her AW edict, somehow Jon Rosenthal who had zero connection to BC was invited, and better yet after the first 3 questions she got which were all clearly not what she was hoping for, rather than call on another student (dozens with hands raised) she calls on Jon Rosenthal... who proceeds to mock those of us who asked her difficult questions and then go on a rant for the majority of the remainder of the time for questions. Literally buys his way ahead of line of students at a school event... students who were paying $60K/year to attend the school no less

/rant

Koolmoose, rogues, JayMcB and 6 others like this.
  20. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Not a single Republican on the list of panelists. Do you think Maura will talk about her recent loss?

21. Waher

Waher NES Member

A panel of ‘safety experts’ that couldn’t recite the 4 rules of gun safety if their lives depended on it.

The only reason MA has a low death rate per capita is excellent hospitals and a smaller pool of gang members compared to other densely populated states.

CA has the same or worse laws and look at their crime rate.

22. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

He actually debated Alan Gura? you've gotta be shitting me. The tape of that is liable to show Rosenthal in an extremely bad light... usually Rosenthal only shows up where he gets to control most of the variables or he has some other moonbat screening the calls, etc, so as to keep the softball "debate" coming, etc.

IMHO someone who is part of the anti gun cabal (eg, the group of silent democrat backers etc that pick the AG) in MA is probably associated with BC and invited the turd. Usually these turds all swim around in the same bowl and attend the same events, etc. Lots of "cross-pollination" so to speak.

If you could find a tape of these clowns in action this would be pretty useful, in terms of proving just what pieces of human garbage they really are.

-Mike

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Boris likes this.
  23. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

It will go something like this:

"Indeed, I agree, very much so, good point, no disagreement there"

24. drgrant

Of course it was f***ing sold out, there were never any tickets available to begin with, the only people to be "invited" or "feted" at these things are going to be antis of all the groups attached to the
    people named as speakers, so they can all sing save the orphans in a big chorus....

-Mike

25. jek

jek NES Life Member NES Member

I wonder if they will have any armed protection. Naw, it must be a GFZ given what a great job they're doing.

26. milktree

milktree NES Member

Every surface in that room is going to be covered in cum by the time they're done.

sieveboy, Boris and timbo like this.
  27. milktree

milktree NES Member

Ha!

Massachusetts' murder rate is more than *double* that of New Hampshire, which has the fewest gun laws in the country.

Horrible and Boris like this.
  28. drgrant

29. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

and a few other states. I am sure they are open to a two way debate and to answer some tough questions. LOL yea, right. One way street is all this is.

Horrible likes this.
  30. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Cowards , every damn one of them.
    No way could those roaches hold a fair debate and not come out looking like the fools they are.

Horrible and Chevy 2 65 like this.