Tac Pro Shooting Center

http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/

Has anyone heard about this place?

They just did this special on Sighting In and it was on this school. It seems that it's really good for the long range shooters.

They start you off at 100 yards, then teach you how to quickly sight in and shoot at 200, 300, 400, 600 yards from one to the next. Then they where teaching them how to shoot moving targets at 100 yards.

It was pretty neat to see...

I'm thinking that it's not cheap, but it seems like a good school. Didn't know if anyone has heard of it, or has taken classes there.

Because a $500 course will turn in to $1500.

I can do the same course for you here for a 12 pack of Sammys [wink]

If you want to shoot at a moving target, my club does the "Running Deer" competition a couple times a year.

Adam

Balanced it??? I'll kick in for some beer for ya too!

Keep this up, and you'll be drunk until you're 50!

Just be sure he teaches BEFORE he gets started on the beer.

*we rejoin our hero after two cases of beer and several trips to the tree over there*

"ARRTH mush bettur"
"Derek, you said we would be moving on to moving targets"
"Fucth, canth ye see the fruthing trageths? Fruthing moobing 'round lik cravy.

Chris said:

*we rejoin our hero after two cases of beer and several trips to the tree over there*

"ARRTH mush bettur"
[laugh2]

Chris said:

"ARRTH mush bettur"

That's too funny.

Derek, I wasn't kidding. I would love to learn to shoot long range.

TonyD said:
Derek, didn't we try this last year?

If you did, I don't remember people talking about heading out to a 600 yard range and learning to shoot it...

But I'm up for it. But it needs to be informal enough that we don't need a crap load of special gear. Good rifle and optic, and some direction.

And if I knew, I would splerge for a good rifle and optic. Not sure if what I have now will do it... I do have a single shot bolt action .308....just not sure of it's accuracy.

I've been wanting to get this. http://www.cz-usa.com/01.detail.php?id=76

I just don't know what the price is...

I wish I had digital cable. I think we use to get it as I remember a show with the guy who is the host. We ditched the digital when we got a mortgage payment. Anyway the website you posted did a neat little write up about the instructor. He was focusing on marksmanship fundamentals, which is exactly what you need to do. A well executed shot at a target at 100yds is no different than one at 1000yds. The rifle shouldn’t know what range it is at. It is the fundamentals that are the shooting part.

However making sure that your equipment is up to the job can be a little more complicated. If you can get the rifle to print good groups at 100yds with the correct bullet at the correct velocity; there is a halfway decent chance that the rifle will shoot close to that at some of the longer distances. At that point it is just a matter of getting out to the range and firing it at the different yard lines and seeing what the rifle, ammo and you can do. There is no secret to the appropriate gear for accurate shooting or the skills required to execute the shot.

If Derek will take you to the range for a 12 pack, you should take him up on the offer. Having someone show you the fundamentals, and giving you input on your equipment would be worth a lot more. Other than that, the easiest thing to do is to sign up for a CMP clinic at one of the local clubs in the area. The clinic I took a friend to at Nashua a couple of years ago was very well run. On Sunday they had an opportunity to shoot all the way back to 600yds. They had loner rifles that were as nice as mine and they had appropriate ammunition for the distances that were being shot. I think it was $25 for the clinic and there was a nominal fee for the ammo. While I’m sure the instruction at TAC-PRO is great, I just don’t think I would recommend anyone pay the $500 without first just taking a CMP clinic and shooting a couple of highpower matches. If you are a beginner to shooting at more than a hundred yards or so, I think you will get almost exactly the same thrill for a lot less money. If you find you enjoyed it, and want more specialized instruction in field shooting applications, then you should look into TAC-PRO.

Brian

C-pher said:
If you did, I don't remember people talking about heading out to a 600 yard range and learning to shoot it...

But I'm up for it. But it needs to be informal enough that we don't need a crap load of special gear. Good rifle and optic, and some direction.

And if I knew, I would splerge for a good rifle and optic. Not sure if what I have now will do it... I do have a single shot bolt action .308....just not sure of it's accuracy.

I've been wanting to get this. http://www.cz-usa.com/01.detail.php?id=76

I just don't know what the price is...

We set up a High Power clinic last May that Derek and I were going to teach at Reading shooting out to 600 yards. We put a sylabus together and several folks from here were coming. I flew up and an Old England squall came through and it was cancelled due to weather. Derek, Brent, and I shot for practice in the weather and LenS came out and took a couple pics with his camera phone that was posted on this board.

If you can get Derek to put on a class like we were going to do last year on basic marksmanship fundamentals it would behoove you to attend. I don't see myself coming up this time.

TonyD said:
We set up a High Power clinic last May that Derek and I were going to teach at Reading shooting out to 600 yards. We put a sylabus together and several folks from here were coming. I flew up and an Old England squall came through and it was cancelled due to weather. Derek, Brent, and I shot for practice in the weather and LenS came out and took a couple pics with his camera phone that was posted on this board.

If you can get Derek to put on a class like we were going to do last year on basic marksmanship fundamentals it would behoove you to attend. I don't see myself coming up this time.

I don't remember when I joined, but I must have just missed it. I would have been there no matter what if I could. I've always wanted to learn to shoot long distance.

C-pher,

Look at your posts . . . you joined in June 2005. The event was planned well before you got here.

At any rate, it turned into a friggen monsoon that weekend and instead, as Tony mentioned; Derek, Tony and Brent headed over to Braintree R&P and did some shooting (we have covered shooting positions). I joined them briefly (IIRC that was the same day as the GOAL Annual Meeting in Worcester, so I had to head up to Worcester that afternoon) and took some pictures. The weather was absolutely miserable!

The plan was great, but the weather was untypical and really demolished all their work.

Back
Top Bottom